News Forum - Still waiting for Moderna? Anutin says give up and get Pfizer from the government

Thaiger

10 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Their refunds? It is not just about 1 person! We are talking about big amounts of money!

As a company I would say check the contract, there were no guarantees.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shark said:

As a company I would say check the contract, there were no guarantees.

Thats a whataboutism and accept scams. Mostly they were aware of the risk but as the roll out was extreme bad as that time they took that way and also wanted their staff get a quality vaccine. It is also about the future if all the time the scams are accepted nothing will change!

Just now, Stardust said:

Thats a whataboutism and accept scams. Mostly they were aware of the risk but as the roll out was extreme bad as that time they took that way and also wanted their staff get a quality vaccine. It is also about the future if all the time the scams are accepted nothing will change!

This deal smelt bad from the start. If it looks like a scam... it's most likely a... yes you got it.
Getting your "rights" as a Company even in Thailand isn't easy as the justice system even has her flaws.

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Until they offer double regular Pfizer, it's a non-starter.

Once they do, don't worry about the money but get protected!

Sure but as many accepted the hotel scams and gave the people the responsibility whon not read all is not the way to solve otherwise these scams never stop. The people shouldn't accept scams and give the responsibility the people instead the one ones who are doing the scam. If the scamers, scam programs never have to take any responsibilities more scams will come!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shark said:

This deal smelt bad from the start. If it looks like a scam... it's most likely a... yes you got it.
Getting your "rights" as a Company even in Thailand isn't easy as the justice system even has her flaws.

Honestly, I think the hospitals started it with honourable intentions, giving options that we didn't have before.

Problem is that everything goes through the GPO and they can manipulate matters.

When I looked at it on 23 August, I saw "expected delivery up to end of Q1 2022 / no guarantee / no refund" and I didn't do it.

I sympathise with the ones that are/feel duped, as they were between a rock and a hard place when they made the choice not to have Sinovac. But in fairness, it was there in print.

If now they could get double Pfizer, do it and get protected. 

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

If now they could get double Pfizer, do it and get protected. 

ANYTHING is better then nothing.
I seriously don't get the brand wars. It's not like I know all the components of AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer and Sinovac. There's a gigantic overlap in all of them I've heard from a virologist and that was somebody whom stated due to the country politics (he has been here more then once) I would've been better of even taking double Sinovac then nothing and afterwards boosting it with one of the others.

9 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure but as many accepted the hotel scams and gave the people the responsibility whon not read all is not the way to solve otherwise these scams never stop. The people shouldn't accept scams and give the responsibility the people instead the one ones who are doing the scam. If the scamers, scam programs never have to take any responsibilities more scams will come!

I agree mate. 

When you're ripped off then have a moan.

But when it's about your health and you've had to wait too long already and you're probably living a restricted careful life, then get protected.

If you end up in hospital, you wish you'd not cared about a little money.

You can still moan after getting the Pfizer jabs 😉

10 minutes ago, Shark said:

Thats true I also warned in the forum and maybe remember some from our good friend St he advocated it and attacked the people who saw it critical your life isnt that money worth at it etc etc. I warned also a company but he said at actual situatiin he jas to take that risk. Thats not the point! The scamers are responsible not the victims and this must change! It is always a embarrassment to point on the victims and not on the scamers! Protection for scamers is absolute the most dumb way to handle it, because you give the scamers a bonus and attract more to make scams. Absolute dumb and dumber!

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I agree mate. 

When you're ripped off then have a moan.

But when it's about your health and you've had to wait too long already and you're probably living a restricted careful life, then get protected.

If you end up in hospital, you wish you'd not cared about a little money.

You can still moan after getting the Pfizer jabs 😉

I am not in the moderna program but I know companies who were in and people I know. It is about the victims get punished instead of tge scamers. I warned about at the time and maybe you remember who attacked the people who were critical our friend St. He was advocating a lot of scams , dumb programs including that one. I am angry about always the scamers are protectet and the victims are blamed. Same withe insurances, hotels scams etc. I was not a victim of it as a resident but I saw the people who not fall in the traps blamed the victims not the scamers. What kind of selfish ugly people and they could be a victim of another scam to give scamers this bonus and blame the victims. Sombody has not to be a victim to say thats not the right way and it is absolute dumb to honour the scamers and blame the victims. Another strange thing is if I make critic on such cases people always think I must a victim of a scam. I ask myself why they have no solidarity with victims? The only thing they think ok I not falled in that trap. 

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am not in the moderna program but I know companies who were in and people I know. It is about the victims get punished instead of tge scamers. I warned about at the time and maybe you remember who attacked the people who were critical our friend St. He was advocating a lot of scams , dumb programs including that one. I am angry about always the scamers are protectet and the victims are blamed. Same withe insurances, hotels scams etc. I was not a victim of it as a resident but I saw the people who not fall in the traps blamed the victims not the scamers. What kind of selfish ugly people and they could be a victim of another scam to give scamers this bonus and blame the victims. Sombody has not to be a victim to say thats not the right way and it is absolute dumb to honour the scamers and blame the victims. Another strange thing is if I make critic on such cases people always think I must a victim of a scam. I ask myself why they have no solidarity with victims? The only thing they think ok I not falled in that trap. 

I agree. But they should get protected at the first possible option.

You can still fight against injustice after that.

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I agree on your point sure they have to do it like you mention but we should stop to agree on scams and solidarity with the victims even when we are not a victim. And what I see on the forum they put the blame on the victims and when I moan or put the blame on the scamers they think I was one who falled in the trap because I have solidarity with the victims or not agree that the scamers get honoured and not have to take any respinsibility. It is astouning how selfish the people became and not realizing they could be next victims because of their own behaviour and supporting injustice.

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Bob why the country could rised to such a pioint inequality and injustice? And just watch how some posters advocate for mor inequality even when Thailand is already in the top list of the world for inequality! We not have to wonder why!

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Bob why the country could rised to such a pioint inequality and injustice? And just watch how some posters advocate for mor inequality even when Thailand is already in the top list of the world for inequality! We not have to wonder why!

But I agree with you. I'm just saying if they want mRNA and can get Pfizer now: do it!

They can still fight against injustice after they are vaccinated.

Or if they prefer they can wait for their order of Moderna.

They can fight injustice and can disagree with the distribution etc. But they can't complain about the terms of the contract that they voluntarily signed.

8 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

But I agree with you. I'm just saying if they want mRNA and can get Pfizer now: do it!

They can still fight against injustice after they are vaccinated.

Or if they prefer they can wait for their order of Moderna.

They can fight injustice and can disagree with the distribution etc. But they can't complain about the terms of the contract that they voluntarily signed.

I agreed on that already.

• Thanks 1

So the Minister for Health has officially confirmed that the private hospitals in Thailand are a scam for Expats. Or have I misunderstood what he said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Thats true I also warned in the forum and maybe remember some from our good friend St he advocated it and attacked the people who saw it critical your life isnt that money worth at it etc etc.

If I've understood you correctly, and you're referring to me, what I actually said was that if you don't think your life's worth risking 3,000 baht for and you don't buy Moderna because of that then you don't put much value on your life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Great idea,  as long as you guarantee people get a full refund within 1 week and full doses of Pfizer not mix and match then you might get a few take ups 

I think most people would be quite happy to get Pfizer now, without the refund, as long as it was two Pfizer and available now.

The simple solution would seem to be a straight swop - sign over your paid for two doses of Moderna to the government, to have whenever they arrive, in return two doses of Pfizer now.

Problem solved, everybody happy, nobody scammed, and everybody vaccinated.  Just about zero chance of that happening, though ...

• Like 1

What an utterly irresponsible and pathetic statement. Please Khun Anutin, spell out exactly how people can get 2 x Pfizer jabs. As far as I know, apart from to very specific categories of people, the government is only offering Astrazeneca followed by Pfizer. There are many people who do not want AZ, they want an mRNA vaccine only.

• Like 1