Next Man Utd Manager?

King Cotton

10 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

He also has a bit of a reputation for developing young players which I like, I look at Mason Green wood he doesnt look to have moved on in the last 2 seasons, I follow the youth teams quite a lot we have a lot of young talent in the academy I would hate see all the hard work go to waste, 

Sometime I wonder why Nikky Butt walked out he had a job for life

Godzooks, @Lowseasonlover, you've got such an intimate knowledge of your 'red side' of M/C, if it wasn't for your Phuk(et)ing address, I'd offer you the job 😁!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Eric Cantona ?? 😅  

Not enough seagulls at Old Trafford, @AussieBob.  . . . more than enough cheeky spectators, though, whom he'd no doubt persuade to be 'nicer'  😠!

• Haha 4

What do you guys think about Erik ten Hag ,Ajax manager  ?

He's done a great job in ajax especially 2019 when they got to semi in champions leauge  :)

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

9 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

He's done a great job in ajax especially 2019 when they got to semi in champions leauge  :)

Thanks, @Slacker77! There's another strong candidate who's attracted plenty of pundit interest, but I read that he's too committed to Ajax.

We shall see and now that Carrick has enjoyed success, beating Villarreal last night, that opens the debate even wider, with those faithful Utd fans probably only too happy to see 'one of their own' running the team and bringing 'their style of football' to The Theatre of Dreams.

Plenty of theatrics to come, I fancy 🤔!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

Only  if he brings Edwin Van Der Sar with him as CEO and Overmars as DoF I guess thats not going to happen

• Like 2

Another name being thrown into the hat

Sevilla coach Julen Lopetegui has been touted as a possible replacement for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United by the agent Jorge Mendes.

Mendes who just happens to be Ronaldo's agent, trying to make himself a few quid,

I think i'll give this a BIG FAT zero

Madrid dismissed Lopetegui four months into his reign following a 5-1 thrashing by Barcelona.

sacked by Spain two days before the opening World Cup fixture against Portugal.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

With the bookies no doubt doing an even more roaring trade, after Michael Carrick's success at Villarreal and Pochettino's PSG allowing their lead over City to result in a 2-1 defeat, the odds-on favourites are now showing a few clear front-runners, as hereunder . . .

Mauricio Pochettino         3

Ernesto Valverde               3

Ralf Rangnick                     5

Lucien Favre                       7

Rudi Garcia                       12

Michael Carrick                12

Erik ten Hag                      25

Brendan Rodgers            25

Whilst there was news, yesterday, that Utd had had talks with BR there has been nothing further on that front (thank heavens!) and I'm still rooting for Poch!

Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen . . . place your bets . . . not that I'm a betting man, of course 😎!

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/manchester-united/next-permanent-manager

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

With the bookies no doubt doing an even more roaring trade, after Michael Carrick's success at Villarreal and Pochettino's PSG allowing their lead over City to result in a 2-1 defeat, the odds-on favourites are now showing a few clear front-runners, as hereunder . . .

Whilst there was news, yesterday, that Utd had had talks with BR there has been nothing further on that front and I'm still rooting for Poch!

Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen . . . place your bets . . . not that I'm a betting man, of course 😎!

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/manchester-united/next-permanent-manager

Interim manager and then Director Of Football (he is probably the best Director of Football in the world).

THIS is the best man that United could bring in at short notice..................let''s try some German "Tuchel and Klopp football" (They both sing his praises and call him their mentor) for a change....................the word competence has become almost non existent at the club and this man could bring it back and FAST.

But I fear he would be too good for the United board who want to be the ones choosing the players and coaches

24 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Whilst there was news, yesterday, that Utd had had talks with BR there has been nothing further on that front and I'm still rooting for Poch!

Actually Ralf is getting a lot of support on the fan bases, one of the big ones have over a million members 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

24 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Interim manager and then Director Of Football (he is probably the best Director of Football in the world).

THIS is the best man that United could bring in at short notice..................let''s try some German "Tuchel and Klopp football" (They both sing his praises and call him their mentor) for a change....................the word competence has become almost non existent at the club and this man could bring it back and FAST.

But I fear he would be too good for the United board who want to be the ones choosing the players and coaches

Okay, @Lowseasonlover. . . I give up. Who are we looking at, here? Sounds like a winner!

15 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Okay, @Lowseasonlover. . . I give up. Who are we looking at, here? Sounds like a winner!

Im keeping my ears to the ground but as of yet, Nothing maybe know something later UK time, around 5 pm here I'll see what I can pick up

• Cool 1

22 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

One story that is doing the rounds and it's getting on my nerves is Peter Schmeichel saying that Steve Bruce could do the interim job 

The only fans who think Bruce would make a good appointment at United are Liverpool's and Manchester City's.

• Haha 1

Pochettino is fave for the post if you believe the media and bookies but is he the answer .. his record of winning honours particularly his time at Spurs suggests not and he hasn't really torn up the French league with PSG .. Man Utd need to get the right guy this time 'round or risk falling further behind the current top dogs  .. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Actually Ralf is getting a lot of support on the fan bases, one of the big ones have over a million members 

The more I learn about Ralf Rangnick the more I like him. Sounds like he's both strong tactically and hard enough to handle the big egoists, e.g. Ronaldo and Pogba, to help prevent them commanding the dressing room. Seems like he'd be prepared to talk on interim management terms, too, maybe with the carrot of the permanent job hanging on his next six-months' performance.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

The more I learn about Ralf Rangnick the more I like him. Sounds like he's both strong tactically and hard enough to handle the big egoists, e.g. Ronaldo and Pogba, to help prevent them commanding the dressing room. Seems like he'd be prepared to talk on interim management terms, too, maybe with the carrot of the permanent job hanging on his next six-months' performance.

Rangnick gets my thumbs up, especially since he highly rates Joelinton. Come take him from the Toon Ralf? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Rangnick gets my thumbs up, especially since he highly rates Joelinton. Come take him from the Toon Ralf? 

Rangnick looks like he's getting the gig on a 6 mth contract all the news corps are saying , expected to be confirmed later .. his last 2 spells at RB Leipzig have seen a win percentage of 58% .. not quite Conte territory but not too shabby .. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, King Cotton said:

It's not 100% confirmed although 2 Tier 1 journalist are putting this out and one of them does have connections within the club they are not just tapin merchants.

Its being plastered all over the media must be something in it, what is being said Rangnick is given a 6 month interim and then a 2 years consultancy contract with maybe Ten Haag as manager

• Cool 1

Im excited about Rangnick coming as long as he brings his own backroom staff and get rid of the others, 

His trusted assistants,

Lars Kornetka

Kornetka is a long-time friend of Rangnick’s, and has worked alongside him in various roles over the years.

Paul Mitchell, This guy is from Manchester 

Although Mitchell didn’t work with Rangnick for too long at RB Leipzig, the 40-year-old clearly left a lasting impression on the German.

Christian Mockel

The former midfielder has plied his trade as a scout since he retired as a player in 2006, and has worked with Rangnick on two separate occasions.

Maybe carrick and co need a top coach to learn from, maybe they’ll set up under R R, less Phelan he can FO

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Im excited about Rangnick coming as long as he brings his own backroom staff and get rid of the others, 

His trusted assistants,

Lars Kornetka

Kornetka is a long-time friend of Rangnick’s, and has worked alongside him in various roles over the years.

Paul Mitchell, This guy is from Manchester 

Although Mitchell didn’t work with Rangnick for too long at RB Leipzig, the 40-year-old clearly left a lasting impression on the German.

Christian Mockel

The former midfielder has plied his trade as a scout since he retired as a player in 2006, and has worked with Rangnick on two separate occasions.

Maybe carrick and co need a top coach to learn from, maybe they’ll set up under R R, less Phelan he can FO

Thanks for that inside-line info, @Lowseasonlover.    Sounds like a strong and, I suspect, a winning package . . . fingers crossed, eh?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Thanks for that inside-line info, @Lowseasonlover.    Sounds like a strong and, I suspect, a winning package . . . fingers crossed, eh?

Bye the way does he know of 2 CDM's he could bring with him? we need some

• Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

No need, I got 2 from Tesco, earlier . . . always my favourite chocolate, but will Utd be short of it? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, King Cotton said:
1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

No need, I got 2 from Tesco, earlier . . . always my favourite chocolate, but will Utd be short of it? 🤔

Sorry . . . couldn't resist! 🙄

• Like 1

More than thirty percent of all the goals are being scored after set pieces.

If we are honest as football coaches, what does that mean if 30 percent of all the goals are being scored after set pieces, how much percentage of our training time should we invest in set pieces? 30 per cent. Let's be honest with ourselves do we invest 30 per cent of our training time into set pieces? Offensive, defensive, corner kicks, free kicks, even throw ins — we are not

Interesting words from Ralf

• Cool 1

42 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

More than thirty percent of all the goals are being scored after set pieces.

If we are honest as football coaches, what does that mean if 30 percent of all the goals are being scored after set pieces, how much percentage of our training time should we invest in set pieces? 30 per cent. Let's be honest with ourselves do we invest 30 per cent of our training time into set pieces? Offensive, defensive, corner kicks, free kicks, even throw ins — we are not

Interesting words from Ralf

I bet that, by next Friday, there'll be another new footie topic, 'Which PL manager next for the chop?' Could be quite a lively debate with the legendary Leeds continuing to struggle, Burnley's modest kitty maybe keeping Dyche in a job and Ranieri's two big wins for Watford easing the pressure at that managerial cauldron. I think Mr Bielsa will be the one most likely to be needing sleeping pills 😴.