News Forum - Thailand’s Health Ministry vows to get tough with people who won’t get vaccinated

Thaiger

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Or at least they had on Sunday! Probably still the same though.

Exactly anouncement, numbers and reality often is not same. Many made that experience , when they are out of stock you will not be informed before or see an ancouncement. This should be fixed because some take a day off or have to travel therefore.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Russell said:

It is not only a case of not having the vaccine but it is also getting the vaccines out to the people. The government appears to only be concentrating on the tourist areas and getting some vaccines out to the big towns and they are forgetting the small way out farming villages that are miles from everywhere that many of the people do not have the means to travel the hundred kilometres to the main towns. Thanks to those members for their best wishes for the wife's daughter but she is not out of the woods yet as she is still being treated in ICU and nobody can tell us what effects that this is going to have on her future health and when she will be able to return to her studies at the uni. 

Oh, I have to counter those allegations Russel.

CM is (well, was 🤭) a major tourist area, but it was nearly completely ignored in the vaccination drive. That's why for some 6 weeks it's been dire here and it's not improving much despite promises of 700.000 doses. That number in itself was a laugh, as previously they claimed (lied) that CM was 75% vaccinated and ready for opening up on 1 October!

And our friend stonker informed me ages ago that the more than 1000 government hospitals all over the country were perfectly capable to get the vaccinations to everyone. 

But again, hope all goes well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Is there anyone, literally anyone, who thinks that it will be possible to have an extension of either a Work, Marriage or Retirement (Non-O/Non-B) visa/extension next year without being vaccinated?

Anyone? Seriously, anybody?

Yoohoo!

Anyone? Anybody?

Is there anybody who thinks they will be able to get an extension of a Non-O/Non-B next year without vaccination?

Anyone?

I didn't think so...

There are going to be a few guys here who know the real truth faced with the option of packing their bags or their principles. 😄

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There are going to be a few guys here who know the real truth faced with the option of packing their bags or their principles. 😄

But don't put that on the once who are still waiting or experienced they came and went home without a shot, because I know some personally and know also companies who booked and paid in advance for their staff and still waiting. They are not anti vaxxers 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

CM is (well, was 🤭) a major tourist area, but it was nearly completely ignored in the vaccination drive. That's why for some 6 weeks it's been dire here and it's not improving much despite promises of 700.000 doses. That number in itself was a laugh, as previously they claimed (lied) that CM was 75% vaccinated and ready for opening up on 1 October!

And our friend stonker informed me ages ago that the more than 1000 government hospitals all over the country were perfectly capable to get the vaccinations to everyone. 

Well, Bob20 you can see the problems that CM has, can you imagine what it is like for a small farming village of about 20 - 30 families of which there are many of in the Isaan area that do not have a government hospital and are miles away from any large village that has any decent facilities that could be used as a vaccination place. This is where this government is negligent. Now it is going to be interesting to see where this 1 million doses of Moderna that has just arrived that has been donated by America ends up going and who will get vaccinated from it. It should go to 1 million people who have not had their 1st jab yet, but we will see. 

• Like 3

I live in a small province in the north. Vaccinations have been super easy. Sign up through the  village heath center and vaccinations done very efficiently at the government hospital. They were great.

If you're having trouble go to your local district hospital. They most likely have someone who speaks English.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Russell said:

Well, Bob20 you can see the problems that CM has, can you imagine what it is like for a small farming village of about 20 - 30 families of which there are many of in the Isaan area that do not have a government hospital and are miles away from any large village that has any decent facilities that could be used as a vaccination place. This is where this government is negligent. Now it is going to be interesting to see where this 1 million doses of Moderna that has just arrived that has been donated by America ends up going and who will get vaccinated from it. It should go to 1 million people who have not had their 1st jab yet, but we will see. 

I understand. Yet, it was claimed (not by me) that (if there was stock) distribution wasn't the problem...

And of course the unvaccinated should have some priority, although the most vulnerable group will still need to go first. 

• Like 2

Some people are getting things mixed up when I am talking about small farming villages in Isaan.

Loongfred many of these small villages do not have village health centres because they are too small and they are too far away from any hospital and most of the people are elderly farmers that have only ever stayed and worked their farms and do not have the means of transport to travel the long distances to the vaccination centres or the government hospitals.

The photo is an example of the type of small villages I am talking about and some of them are even smaller than this one. This one is located in the Kalasin Province about 25 - 30 kilometres off the main road from Khon Kaen to Kalasin and their closest hospitals are Yang Talat or Chiang Yuen and it is places like these that this government is forgetting about with the vaccinations. What is needed is for vehicles to be set up to go around these small villages and vaccinate the people.

Isaan village.jpg

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Russell said:

Some people are getting things mixed up when I am talking about small farming villages in Isaan.

Loongfred many of these small villages do not have village health centres because they are too small and they are too far away from any hospital and most of the people are elderly farmers that have only ever stayed and worked their farms and do not have the means of transport to travel the long distances to the vaccination centres or the government hospitals.

The photo is an example of the type of small villages I am talking about and some of them are even smaller than this one. This one is located in the Kalasin Province about 25 - 30 kilometres off the main road from Khon Kaen to Kalasin and their closest hospitals are Yang Talat or Chiang Yuen and it is places like these that this government is forgetting about with the vaccinations. What is needed is for vehicles to be set up to go around these small villages and vaccinate the people.

Isaan village.jpg

In Brazil and other countries where there were isolated indigenous people they went by boat and/or helicopter to ensure they could get vaccinations to the people. I suspect that won't happen here. 

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Thailand's health minister should for once close his garbage mouth this DUDE has caused enough hate against him with his disgusting DIRTY attitude, he should have been released directly from his position, it said enough of the brainless iq he has

I agree - and as the member of the Boys Band that has taken Thailand by storm, he has the correct name. 

1071178737_BoyBand.jpg.5dbf1dc04d8af5048fba028b2f29a210.jpg

• Haha 6
  • Cool 1

15 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I agree - and as the member of the Boys Band that has taken Thailand by storm, he has the correct name. 

1071178737_BoyBand.jpg.5dbf1dc04d8af5048fba028b2f29a210.jpg

Sorry AussieBob but that first word of the first band member is not true because he does not have one to F++T with

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

<deleted content>

What I said before was that if they were supplied with sufficient vaccines the government hospitals could easily vaccinate the numbers required using exactly the same system that they use for other vaccinations such as tetanus.

Those are given through village health centres, which are in pretty well all villages that have schools.

If you can explain why that isn't the case and they can't, go ahead.

Edited by BigHewer
Inflammatory content removed
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell said:

...can you imagine what it is like for a small farming village of about 20 - 30 families of which there are many of in the Isaan area that do not have a government hospital and are miles away from any large village that has any decent facilities that could be used as a vaccination place. 

... and the nearest schools that their children go to are where, exactly?

3 hours ago, Russell said:

What is needed is for vehicles to be set up to go around these small villages and vaccinate the people

They do, at least in my province.

The small market in the village nearest to me has had vaccinations available four or five times already and the furthest anyone would have to travel is around 10 to 12 kms.

Khon Kaen is considerably more developed than Loei.

21 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As I've asked before, @Bob20, please don't deliberately lie about what I've written and take it out of context to give it a different meaning.

It gets tedious.

What I said before was that if they were supplied with sufficient vaccines the government hospitals could easily vaccinate the numbers required using exactly the same system that they use for other vaccinations such as tetanus.

Those are given through village health centres, which are in pretty well all villages that have schools.

One thing gets tedious and that is you bending the truth whenever you are wrong and fight to the death not to acknowledge it.

This is what you literally said:

"Thailand has well over a thousand state hospitals used as  local vaccination centres, while the UK has a tenth of that."

Now do me a favour and don't always twist things or at least check what you wrote first before starting the unpleasantness!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gummy said:

In Brazil and other countries where there were isolated indigenous people they went by boat and/or helicopter to ensure they could get vaccinations to the people. I suspect that won't happen here. 

Where exactly are these "isolated indigenous people" deep in the rainforest that can only be reached by boat or helicopter?

3 hours ago, Russell said:

Isaan village.jpg

Yes the same like many small villages in Surin province, Sisaketh, etc. And some were surprised about the claims to get the covid vaccine in the government hospitals? Common is they use schools as a vaccine centers or other comunity buildings.

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The small market in the village nearest to me has had vaccinations available four or five times already and the furthest anyone would have to travel is around 10 to 12 kms.

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Where exactly are these "isolated indigenous people" deep in the rainforest that can only be reached by boat or helicopter?

But you have an internet connection,  to report to thaigerforum.  I don’t buy it. Thai healthcare is pretty far reaching. People routinely travel to town for supplies and to get healthcare. Vaccines are part of healthcare. However, some people don’t want a vaccination and could claim they aren’t available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

But you have an internet connection,  to report to thaigerforum.  I don’t buy it. Thai healthcare is pretty far reaching. People routinely travel to town for supplies and to get healthcare. Vaccines are part of healthcare. However, some people don’t want a vaccination and could claim they aren’t available.

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You seem to be living in an alternate universe from me. I don’t live in Chiang Mai but in the north. I’ve been contacted at least three times to get vaccinated in cm because I registered on the cm site. Luckily my province came through and I didn’t need to travel. The Thai health dept has done a great job, but needs to convince the holdouts to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It is a pity that you don't bother to read a persons post before you make incorrect observations public. If you had of read my post I stated that the village was in Kalasin Province not Khon Kaen as you seem to falsely claim. As for the school, the closest school is located about 15 kilometres away but there are not many school age children live in the village, they are mainly elderly farmers and the rest of the families live elsewhere. As for markets, the closest market would be where the school is located. These people don't go to market because they grow their own vegetables and chickens and for the other things there is 1 family corner shop.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

The deal was until late summer in the western world that once you get mRNA-vaccinated and we reach the herd immunity limit 70 percent, this will be all over. No talk about waning immunity or booster shots. The critics said this won't work and were ridiculed but were right.

In vaccine business the science is settled first after years of research and trials but this time the science is supposedly is "evolving" week by week and even by mandates of government officials and politicians. For more, FDA tries to keep the Pfizer vaccine trial data secret until 2076 by asking a federal judge to impose such order against FOIA requests!

There is no other explanation than corruption and the data showing bad bad stuff. This is backed by the fact the VAERS system is flooding with reports, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Billions of shots taken parallel does not show the long term effects but already the short term data is really bad.

Thailand is about 3 months behind, soon they will talk about booster shots and "getting tough" with those unvaccinated two shot takers! Israel already did this, changed the deal. 🤔

Where's Neil Ferguson at Imperial College of London? Maybe he's finally written the correct prediction software? 😂🤣😂😲 Most of us are supposed to be dead already. Give him another try?

Edited by Freeduhdumb

2 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

You seem to be living in an alternate universe from me. I don’t live in Chiang Mai but in the north. I’ve been contacted at least three times to get vaccinated in cm because I registered on the cm site. Luckily my province came through and I didn’t need to travel. The Thai health dept has done a great job, but needs to convince the holdouts to get vaccinated.

I had my jabs, but CM has been in a dire situation for some 6 weeks and that's not because people were offered a vaccine.

Appointments were cancelled and people were messed about. The places where vaccination was advertised were nearly always closed as very few doses actually arrived.

The fact that first it was claimed that CM had 70% vaccination rate and was ready to open on 1 October, and then -after- it went wrong, all of a sudden 700.000 doses were promised, shows that the 70% claim was incorrect to begin with and not enough had been provided.

The last day of the vaccination"drive" was 15 November and even then they still administered some with Sinovac as a first jab even though they know it doesn't protect and people aren't safe until they get their second jab (AZ) from December up to February time.

Happy for you that it worked out. Happy for me that I got the jabs too. Not through a call, even though I was registered with expatvac, but through a tip on this forum. But it clearly didn't work for many in CM, and I'm worried for them for the fallout from Loy Kratong...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

One thing gets tedious and that is you bending the truth whenever you are wrong and fight to the death not to acknowledge it.

This is what you literally said:

"Thailand has well over a thousand state hospitals used as  local vaccination centres, while the UK has a tenth of that."

Now do me a favour and don't always twist things or at least check what you wrote first before starting the unpleasantness!

No surprises ther at all, @Bob20 - taken out of context to give it a different meaning.

The actual comment, which you neglected to give a link to, was at: https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4815-news-forum-tourism-ministry-wants-thailand-fully-re-opened-without-quarantine-by-january/page/5/#comment-57722

The actual comment read:

On 9/12/2021 at 5:18 PM, Stonker said:

We now seem to have veered from "they can't have done it as they didn't have the vaccines" to now "OK, they had the vaccines, but they can't queue up and they can't have done better than us 'cos we're so clever".

Unlike the US and much of Europe where most vaccines were Moderna and Pfizer so much harder to store and transport, at low temperatures, that applied to less than 10% of the vaccines here and over 90% were Sinowhatever and AZ so much easier to store and deliver.

Thailand has well over a thousand state hospitals used as  local vaccination centres, while the UK has a tenth of that.

Vaccinations, once they're up and running, were / are done in village centres announced over the PA system.

To mix metaphors, you're not just comparing apples and oranges, but cherry picking and moving goalposts.

The UK's Covid management, as it's amply demonstrated, has been an unmitigated disaster and the only thing they did well was to buy six times more vaccines than they need - so much that they've just had to throw away 800,000 doses that had time expired.

Thailand did appallingly with its vaccine procurement and the rollout was and is an irrational scramble, but holding the UK up as an example of "we couldn't do it so Thailand couldn't" given the UK's proven track record is disengenuous, to put it very mildly.

Even out of context, it's still abolutely correct.

Thailand not only has "over a thousand state hospitals used as vaccination centres" but has 9,800 state / public health and district health promotion centers which have always given vaccinations such as tetanus, while the UK only has 223 NHS Trust hospitals with only 123 operating Type 1 A&E departments.

Now, rather than avoid what was a very simple question by resorting to abuse instead, how about replying to that question as I do you the courtesy of replying to yours:

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

https://www.krungsri.com/en/research/industry/industry-outlook/Services/Private-Hospitals/IO/io-Private-Hospitals

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Russell said:

It is a pity that you don't bother to read a persons post before you make incorrect observations public. If you had of read my post I stated that the village was in Kalasin Province not Khon Kaen as you seem to falsely claim. As for the school, the closest school is located about 15 kilometres away but there are not many school age children live in the village, they are mainly elderly farmers and the rest of the families live elsewhere. As for markets, the closest market would be where the school is located. These people don't go to market because they grow their own vegetables and chickens and for the other things there is 1 family corner shop.

Hardly a "false claim", but a simple mistake as I read it was on the main Khon Kaen road.

If the nearest school is only 15 kilometres away then what's the problem?

Regardless of how many school age children there are in the village, it's still only 15 kms away as is the market.

Are you seriously saying that these people are capable of living off subsistence farming, and what children there are travelling the 15 kms on the school bus / pick up every day, but they can't travel that 15 kms?   Or that no medical staff ever go to see anyone in the village, while in Loei the medical staff routinely visit those who need it in villages twenty or more kms away, as does the physiotherapist from the hospital as a matter of routine?