News Forum - Thailand’s Health Ministry vows to get tough with people who won’t get vaccinated

Thaiger

Get vaccinated or else… That’s the message from Thai health officials who have vowed to track down people who have not yet had their first dose. According to a Nation Thailand report, Dr Kiattibhoom Vongrachit from the Public Health Ministry says that while a large percentage of the population is now fully vaccinated, at least 10 million people have yet to receive a single dose of a Covid-19 vaccine. The government is pushing for the somewhat elusive goal of herd immunity, with a target of fully vaccinating 75% of the population by the end of the year. Kiattibhoom says he’s […]

The story Thailand’s Health Ministry vows to get tough with people who won’t get vaccinated as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

Good to hear that they are aiming for 75% by the end of the year. I wont be able to enter the Kingdom until late 2022 and have already been vaccinated with Pfizer. Hoping that all the Covid hick ups will be out of the system by then as to ensure a smooth entry into Thailand.

• Like 3

Sadly there are many people who really want to be vaccinated, and who paid money for that priviledge 5 months ago, who are struggling to find out when  or even if, they will get to the front of the queue. I'm talking about the  Moderna outcasts of course. There is no information about further deliveries to private hospitals, and surely, when there is now a plentiful supply of the equivalent mRNA vaccine from Pfizer in the country, it would make sense to give that to the Red Cross to free up the significant quantity of Moderna they have taken.

• Like 6

I paid for my girlfriend 2 moderna booked  in early september have to wait till between january and may i have no problem if they change that one to pfizer and she go get tomorrow but i not tell her to get some chineese garbage or thai made stuff and i think that minimal 50% that are not vaccinate i waiting for that willing to be vaccinated

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stageaman said:

Sadly there are many people who really want to be vaccinated, and who paid money for that priviledge 5 months ago, who are struggling to find out when  or even if, they will get to the front of the queue. I'm talking about the  Moderna outcasts of course. There is no information about further deliveries to private hospitals, and surely, when there is now a plentiful supply of the equivalent mRNA vaccine from Pfizer in the country, it would make sense to give that to the Red Cross to free up the significant quantity of Moderna they have taken.

I fully sympathise with the predicament that many are in. But the simple fact is that the people who paid for the vaccine entered a contract and many didn't read the small print. It mentioned clearly only an estimated arrival date without guarantee... Still, I hope your doses arrive soon.

• Like 1

Is there anyone, literally anyone, who thinks that it will be possible to have an extension of either a Work, Marriage or Retirement (Non-O/Non-B) visa/extension next year without being vaccinated?

Anyone? Seriously, anybody?

Yoohoo!

Anyone? Anybody?

Is there anybody who thinks they will be able to get an extension of a Non-O/Non-B next year without vaccination?

Anyone?

I didn't think so...

• Like 2

I do hope that this government is going to accept the responsibility for their stuff ups over the distribution of the vaccines and the heavy handed attitude that they are taking with the people who are not anti-vaxxers but people who are still waiting for their 1st vaccine injections that they ordered and paid for months ago while this government rejected a donation from America of over 1 million doses of Moderna and then when the first delivery of Moderna was delivered it was only half the order and a lot of it was taken by this government for the army officers and a lot is being held by the Thai Red Cross to administer to anyone over 70 as a 3rd booster shot instead of getting it out to the people who are still waiting for their 1st shot. As for just taking any vaccine then my answer to that is a big "NO" because of personal family experience where my wife's 21 year old daughter who is a uni student was forced by the university to have an alternative vaccine from what she had ordered and paid for and as a result she was vaccinated with AZ supplied by the university last Thursday and at 07:00 on Friday morning we had her in the hospital with severe side affects and by 14:00 she was in ICU in a coma and it was found that she had blood clots from the vaccine injection. She came out of the coma at about 10:00 on Saturday and the doctor told us that it was lucky that we brought her into the hospital early on Friday morning or there would be a good possibility the she would be dead, thanks to being forced to take AZ. On Sunday the doctor told the whole family that under no circumstances are they to have AZ vaccine as it is still unknown if there could be a genetic link that if anyone in the family has an AZ injection then they could easily have very serious side affects which could lead to death. There is no test that can be taken to see if you will contract blood clots before that vaccine is injected into your body.

Edited by Russell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thailand's health minister should for once close his garbage mouth this DUDE has caused enough hate against him with his disgusting DIRTY attitude, he should have been released directly from his position, it said enough of the brainless iq he has

• Like 7

The deal was until late summer in the western world that once you get mRNA-vaccinated and we reach the herd immunity limit 70 percent, this will be all over. No talk about waning immunity or booster shots. The critics said this won't work and were ridiculed but were right.

In vaccine business the science is settled first after years of research and trials but this time the science is supposedly is "evolving" week by week and even by mandates of government officials and politicians. For more, FDA tries to keep the Pfizer vaccine trial data secret until 2076 by asking a federal judge to impose such order against FOIA requests!

There is no other explanation than corruption and the data showing bad bad stuff. This is backed by the fact the VAERS system is flooding with reports, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Billions of shots taken parallel does not show the long term effects but already the short term data is really bad.

Thailand is about 3 months behind, soon they will talk about booster shots and "getting tough" with those unvaccinated two shot takers! Israel already did this, changed the deal. 🤔

Edited by KaptainRob
Deleted content unsupported by any fact-check source
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

Thailand's health minister should for once close his garbage mouth this DUDE has caused enough hate against him with his disgusting DIRTY attitude, he should have been released directly from his position, it said enough of the brainless iq he has

You're not sending him a Christmas card then?🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Russell said:

I do hope that this government is going to accept the responsibility for their stuff ups over the distribution of the vaccines and the heavy handed attitude that they are taking with the people who are not anti-vaxxers but people who are still waiting for their 1st vaccine injections that they ordered and paid for months ago while this government rejected a donation from America of over 1 million doses of Moderna and then when the first delivery of Moderna was delivered it was only half the order and a lot of it was taken by this government for the army officers and a lot is being held by the Thai Red Cross to administer to anyone over 70 as a 3rd booster shot instead of getting it out to the people who are still waiting for their 1st shot. As for just taking any vaccine then my answer to that is a big "NO" because of personal family experience where my wife's 21 year old daughter who is a uni student was forced by the university to have an alternative vaccine from what she had ordered and paid for and as a result she was vaccinated with AZ supplied by the university last Thursday and at 07:00 on Friday morning we had her in the hospital with severe side affects and by 14:00 she was in ICU in a coma and it was found that she had blood clots from the vaccine injection. She came out of the coma at about 10:00 on Saturday and the doctor told us that it was lucky that we brought her into the hospital early on Friday morning or there would be a good possibility the she would be dead, thanks to being forced to take AZ. On Sunday the doctor told the whole family that under no circumstances are they to have AZ vaccine as it is still unknown if there could be a genetic link that if anyone in the family has an AZ injection then they could easily have very serious side affects which could lead to death. There is no test that can be taken to see if you will contract blood clots before that vaccine is injected into your body.

That will have been a terrifying experience... Glad to read she is okay now!

35 minutes ago, Russell said:

I do hope that this government is going to accept the responsibility for their stuff ups over the distribution of the vaccines and the heavy handed attitude that they are taking with the people who are not anti-vaxxers but people who are still waiting for their 1st vaccine injections that they ordered and paid for months ago while this government rejected a donation from America of over 1 million doses of Moderna and then when the first delivery of Moderna was delivered it was only half the order and a lot of it was taken by this government for the army officers and a lot is being held by the Thai Red Cross to administer to anyone over 70 as a 3rd booster shot instead of getting it out to the people who are still waiting for their 1st shot. As for just taking any vaccine then my answer to that is a big "NO" because of personal family experience where my wife's 21 year old daughter who is a uni student was forced by the university to have an alternative vaccine from what she had ordered and paid for and as a result she was vaccinated with AZ supplied by the university last Thursday and at 07:00 on Friday morning we had her in the hospital with severe side affects and by 14:00 she was in ICU in a coma and it was found that she had blood clots from the vaccine injection. She came out of the coma at about 10:00 on Saturday and the doctor told us that it was lucky that we brought her into the hospital early on Friday morning or there would be a good possibility the she would be dead, thanks to being forced to take AZ. On Sunday the doctor told the whole family that under no circumstances are they to have AZ vaccine as it is still unknown if there could be a genetic link that if anyone in the family has an AZ injection then they could easily have very serious side affects which could lead to death.

Sorry to hear that!

I venture to say that many of your  family members will be very anxious  as to any vax injections now .I bet there are tens of thousands  of people that are in medical limbo!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

I venture to say that many of your  family members will be very anxious  as to any vax injections now .

I bet just as anxious as driving on, or riding motorcycles on Thai Roads ….. of course without a helmet but with wearing a mask!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's a bit rich for the government to force vaccination, when the government doesn't have the vaccine supply. What are people supposed to do??

Well, they never corrected the number of 178.2m doses (plus donations) to arrive this year, so I guess some 80m are still coming. Possibly at 23:59 on 31 December, but still this year 😉

• Like 1

Just now, Shark said:

That one got locked-down unfortunately.

Yup, after I mentioned it and reported it. Still, we keep it on one thread now instead of simultaneously talking alongside each other.

• Like 1

It is not only a case of not having the vaccine but it is also getting the vaccines out to the people. The government appears to only be concentrating on the tourist areas and getting some vaccines out to the big towns and they are forgetting the small way out farming villages that are miles from everywhere that many of the people do not have the means to travel the hundred kilometres to the main towns. Thanks to those members for their best wishes for the wife's daughter but she is not out of the woods yet as she is still being treated in ICU and nobody can tell us what effects that this is going to have on her future health and when she will be able to return to her studies at the uni. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Stageaman said:

Exactly especially the under 60 ones who were left out in the beginning had to realized they made walk ins but then to see oh just for second shots for the former groups. If they not make walk ins for all first and second shots sure the first shot people are left out and have to wait. First they have to organize the availability for all and after that they can make such anouncements. And as you mentioned there are a lot who booked in advance even paid in advance and still waiting even they booked many month ago.

13 minutes ago, Russell said:

It is not only a case of not having the vaccine but it is also getting the vaccines out to the people. The government appears to only be concentrating on the tourist areas and getting some vaccines out to the big towns and they are forgetting the small way out farming villages that are miles from everywhere that many of the people do not have the means to travel the hundred kilometres to the main towns. Thanks to those members for their best wishes for the wife's daughter but she is not out of the woods yet as she is still being treated in ICU and nobody can tell us what effects that this is going to have on her future health and when she will be able to return to her studies at the uni. 

Ask @King Cottonhe lives rural... they have stock too. So out in the sticks you can get vaccinated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

Ask @King Cottonhe lives rural... they have stock too. So out in the sticks you can get vaccinated.

There are many small farming villages out in the Isaan area that have not had any vaccine available unless they can travel into the larger towns, so not all places out in the sticks can get vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1