News Forum - Police torture case in court today, main charges denied

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Because I've read the charge, as I suggested you do.

Oh? So you've read the charge and that's case closed for you?  So we can safely move to the death penalty? No need for a trial. Why bother with a trial, when all that is needed is for you to read the charge. Have you seen the defence's evidence too? Just wondering if it is even worthwhile them turning up if you have already judged the case?

That has to be the dumbest comment I've read from you. 

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

Oh? So you've read the charge and that's case closed for you?  So we can safely move to the death penalty? No need for a trial. Why bother with a trial, when all that is needed is for you to read the charge. Have you seen the defence's evidence too? Just wondering if it is even worthwhile them turning up if you have already judged the case? 

No, I've read the charge so there can be no mitigating circumstances - either they did it or they didn't.

Nothing to do with 'case closed' or pre-judging any evidence.

Maybe if you read the charge you'd understand that, as it's not a simple murder charge.

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Of course lawyers can have a 'conflict of interest'. In your case, their conflict of interest was because they'd represented the person you were suing - nothing to do with whether they're "objective" or not as that isn't their job.

You seem to have an equally unusual idea of the 'ignore' function 😂.

Oh? I'm sorry. What is unusual about my idea of the ignore function? Are you trying to tell me, tha I am not allowed to switch it on or off as I see fit?

And did you not say: "That's simply not correct - you're confusing judges / jury who may have a "conflict of interest" and are meant to be objective with the prosecution / defence lawyers who aren't, by definition"

And you think that a father representing the prosecution against the man accused of killing his son, does not represent a potential conflict of interest. Now you are embarrassing yourself, but that won't stop you will it?

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Oh? I'm sorry. What is unusual about my idea of the ignore function? Are you trying to tell me, tha I am not allowed to switch it on or off as I see fit?

Umm ... not if it's "for life" 😂 !

And did you not say: "That's simply not correct - you're confusing judges / jury who may have a "conflict of interest" and are meant to be objective with the prosecution / defence lawyers who aren't, by definition"

Correct - judges and juries are meant to be "objective", prosecution and  defence lawyers ... well ... aren't 😂.

Rather obviously, the former prosecute and the latter defend - that's their job!

No objectivity there!

And you think that a father representing the prosecution against the man accused of killing his son, does not represent a potential conflict of interest.

Well ... umm ... no!

His "interest" is in prosecuting and getting a guilty verdict. Nothing else, unless he was a witness to events at the police station.

If you read the charge, unlike a 'normal' murder charge anything outside that doesn't mitigate anything, so it's at best background information, so where's the "conflict of interest"?

If you read the charge and the statute you'd know that, but for some reason I can't even guess you don't seem interested in reading the charge and the statute and instead you're looking at it as a 'normal' murder charge under UK / Irish / western-type law, which it isn't.

Up to you 😂 !

• 1 month later...

Today, jan 19th. 2022 (2565 in Thai) Court was  in session  about the accusations at the address of " Joe Ferrari" . Why is this not news??? Is there a gagging order?? Is there a cover up????

News Forum - Police torture case in court today, main charges denied.

Doesn’t the Thaiger mean Police Murder Case ….. they seem to be down playing the severity of it. Maybe highlighting how things will go with this case.

Edited by AdvocatusDiaboli