60 day Covid extension application scheme extended to Dec 31st 2021.

Can someone explain the affidavit I've seen mentioned.

My friends have used agents for these typically. I'll likely do the same 

Edited by MikeV
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, MikeV said:

What are people's thoughts on this being extended again? Nothing has really changed for the better in this regard 

IMO the 60 day Covid extension scheme will continue to be extended until such time land borders, particularly into Lao at Savannakhet, to enable many foreigners to apply for new Visas at the Thai Consulate there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Faz said:

IMO the 60 day Covid extension scheme will continue to be extended until such time land borders, particularly into Lao at Savannakhet, to enable many foreigners to apply for new Visas at the Thai Consulate there.

What has been the typical time they have announced new extensions in relation to the expiring of the previous 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, MikeV said:

What are people's thoughts on this being extended again? Nothing has really changed for the better in this regard 

My opinion shouldn't really be taken seriously as a complete newcomer to Thailand from last year, but I think it is going to judged more so based on the amount of extensions you've already had. 

For the first time I was told "this will be the last time we extend your visa" (my 4th time extending my visa in 2022 this month, one 30 day tourist extension and three covid-19 extensions), I was told by others they were told the same in 2021. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they said denied my extension request next time is all I am saying, even if they continue the covid-19 extensions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeV said:

What has been the typical time they have announced new extensions in relation to the expiring of the previous 

Anything from 2 weeks beforehand up to the last day before any official announcement is made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dj230 said:

My opinion shouldn't really be taken seriously as a complete newcomer to Thailand from last year, but I think it is going to judged more so based on the amount of extensions you've already had. 

For the first time I was told "this will be the last time we extend your visa" (my 4th time extending my visa in 2022 this month, one 30 day tourist extension and three covid-19 extensions), I was told by others they were told the same in 2021. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they said denied my extension request next time is all I am saying, even if they continue the covid-19 extensions. 

I just need 1 and have not used any.. I would assume an agent would be beneficial to your cause even if expensive.

I plan to use one just for convenience 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

There are hundreds of foreigners, married to a Thai, that have for years remained in Thailand on the Non Imm O multiple entry Visas available from the local Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, with no proof of financial requirements.

When land borders closed in March 2020, these folk were unable to make 90 day border runs, or renew their Visas when they expired and have have since remained in Thailand on Covid extensions.
Could you imagine the outcry if Thailand were to force them to leave their wives/families by not offering a means of them remaining. Many have there homes and lives in Thailand, they have nowhere else to go.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 12/8/2021 at 8:43 AM, Faz said:

You can apply for a 60 day Covid extension before Jan 25th.

Dear Faz,

can you please confirm, and, ideally, add a link to the news that says that is is possible to apply for covid-extension up to Jan 25th ?

Thank you

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

If your provincial IO does indeed enforce that "this will be the last time we extend your visa" threat for your covid-19 extension, you could simply apply at a more reasonable IO in another province.  As a covid-19 extension application requires a TM-30, staying on night in a Hotel in that other province, and requesting the Hotel to provide you with a copy of the TM-30 which they have to file for you staying there, will take care of that.  Obviously you do not need to stay in that other province, because as a 'tourist' you do not need to have a fixed residence in Thailand. 

No worry, be happy...

33 minutes ago, gavi said:

Dear Faz,

can you please confirm, and, ideally, add a link to the news that says that is is possible to apply for covid-extension up to Jan 25th ?

Thank you

Not a link but it was posted on the wall in Chiang Mai immigration when I was there in late December 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gavi said:

Dear Faz,

Thank you

Thailand extended it's Emergency Decree until Jan 31st 2022.
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-extends-emergency-decree-for-fifteenth-time-until-31-january-2022/

Immigration pushed the deadline date for 60 day Covid extension applications back to Jan 25th 2022.
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/visa/deadline-on-friday-to-apply-for-60-day-covid-visa-extension

Trat Immigration
http://www.tratimmigration.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Faz said:

There are hundreds of foreigners, married to a Thai, that have for years remained in Thailand on the Non Imm O multiple entry Visas available from the local Thai Consulate in Savannakhet, with no proof of financial requirements.

When land borders closed in March 2020, these folk were unable to make 90 day border runs, or renew their Visas when they expired and have have since remained in Thailand on Covid extensions.
Could you imagine the outcry if Thailand were to force them to leave their wives/families by not offering a means of them remaining. Many have there homes and lives in Thailand, they have nowhere else to go.

I am one of these people you just wrote about, i was also unable to return to China where I work. So... not to be dependent on a covid extension I have taken employment in Thailand for the Non-B visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

If your provincial IO does indeed enforce that "this will be the last time we extend your visa" threat for your covid-19 extension, you could simply apply at a more reasonable IO in another province.  As a covid-19 extension application requires a TM-30, staying on night in a Hotel in that other province, and requesting the Hotel to provide you with a copy of the TM-30 which they have to file for you staying there, will take care of that.  Obviously you do not need to stay in that other province, because as a 'tourist' you do not need to have a fixed residence in Thailand. 

No worry, be happy...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely try that if I need to extend, I was thinking of taking a trip back to Canada anyways though so maybe it was due, I still might leave later this month but did the extension just incase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1