News Forum - Thai PM warns bars, nightlife not to open, defends ongoing closure order

Thaiger

6 hours ago, Rip255 said:

I haven't missed the booze culture one bit. 

In fact its been a breath of fresh air.

Alcohol reform is long overdue in this country and im glad something is finally being done to address the issue. 

Yes drinking alone must get to you at times

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Exactly and he even doesn't know anything about Thai culture or what Thai people are thinking but talking about national pride. The government that is famous to give Thailand the most bad reputation ever and talking about national pride is a kind of joke.

The national pride who is famous to be a daily guest in the Thonglor clubs including prostitutes calling people who want to drink a glass of wine or beer to their dinner barflys or talking about bargirls. Sure no bargirls in the clubs in Thonglor 😅🤣😂

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

He is not living in Thailand or know Thai culture

Ask him what is the difference between soklek and morlom and which one is seap? 😅🤣😂

He might have more idea if you spelt it correctly 😀

9 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

He might have more idea if you spelt it correctly 😀

If you write thai in latin or english letter there is no clear rule for writing it. You could write also sockleg, morlum and zaap. There is no correct spelling because it was never ruled out in other letters. The problem is also in latin or not english native country they pronoumce the same letters different. For example german pronounce the letters same as they do in laos or Thailand but english ones would it write/pronounce different to get the same word. German and latin you write Isaan like that in english you would write Esan. So which one is correct??!

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

If you write thai in latin or english letter there is no clear rule for writing it. You could write also sockleg, morlum and zaap. There is no correct spelling because it was never ruled out in other letters. The problem is also in latin or not english native country they pronoumce the same letters different. For example german pronounce the letters same as they do in laos or Thailand but english ones would it write/pronounce different to get the same word. German and latin you write Isaan like that in english you would write Esan. So which one is correct??!

In thai it is more correct to use the way how they pronounce the letters in latin and German because it is the same pronouncasation they use in thai and as you can often see when they write thainames or words in latin letters and not use the english pronouncation. But sure I also often not sure which one is better to use. 

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

I guess all Thais are wondering now about this poster. Thais and no drinking culture? Did he ever been in a business meeting in Thailand ever been in any company in Thailand and after work dinner and drinking. Did ever had any contact with Thais? His comments about Thailand/Thais are the most absurd here

I think we all know that many people who wish to disrupt healthy debate and good conversation in this forum are doing it from a position of ignorance about Thailand and Thais. The ones who complain about things like nightlife, drinking culture, prostitution etc have read one of the “amazing Thailand” tourist books and totally believe it all. Either that, or they have a very limited exposure to real life in Thailand. Then of course there are those who take on a persona purely to aggravate and disrupt the forum. I’m not sure how you describe those people. They are of course to be pitied for having such unfortunate life’s and their only way to express their frustrations is through silly childish comments. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think we all know that many people who wish to disrupt healthy debate and good conversation in this forum are doing it from a position of ignorance about Thailand and Thais. The ones who complain about things like nightlife, drinking culture, prostitution etc have read one of the “amazing Thailand” tourist books and totally believe it all. Either that, or they have a very limited exposure to real life in Thailand. Then of course there are those who take on a persona purely to aggravate and disrupt the forum. I’m not sure how you describe those people. They are of course to be pitied for having such unfortunate life’s and their only way to express their frustrations is through silly childish comments. 

And not know why the thais goes into these karaoke bars and why there are so many girls inside there. For singing and holding the microphone or? 😅🤣😂 and sure nobody drink alcohol 😅🤣😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Alcoholism and drinking culture in your home country is not Thailand's problem. 

Barflys around here seem to have a strangely elevated sense of self-importance. Its clear that theyre completely oblivious to the idea that their kind just might not be welcome here anymore. 

They dont want your beer money. They want you to go away so that high quality tourists replace you.

Putting bar owners and staff out of business isnt an unfortunate side-effect of covid policy. Its the plan. 

Let me put it in a way that everyone can understand.

They USED to want barfly tourism...and now they don't. 

Perhaps find another country that's prepared to sacrifice their national pride for a shirtless farangs beer money. 

8 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Barflys around here seem to have a strangely elevated sense of self-importance. Its clear that theyre completely oblivious to the idea that their kind just might not be welcome here anymore. 

They dont want your beer money. They want you to go away so that high quality tourists replace you.

Putting bar owners and staff out of business isnt an unfortunate side-effect of covid policy. Its the plan. 

Perhaps find another country that's prepared to sacrifice their national pride for a shirtless farangs beer money. 

Believe it or not there are 'high quality tourists' that do enjoy a drink but doesn't mean they are alcoholics or have a bad drinking culture or are trying to make 'alcoholism and drinking  Thailand's problem, they just like to have a few drinks in a bar on an evening.  

From a high quality tourist who has a shirt, likes to have a drink but doesn't have a drink problem.

• Like 3

I understand, can't blame the Thai government for keep panicking everyday instead of taking care of its people in restoring economy and mass tourism. Well, quit complaining, you have Phuket as your 2nd option and maybe Khaosan Road if you have a proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test.

11 hours ago, Paco said:

If they all re open on December 1 what they going to do? Prosecute them all? I do not think so, hell will break lose if they even try that.. PM whatever you say  you cost people a lot of money, for not really a reason,  seems he is not able to make good decision after delaying it several times and give people ALL THE TIME fake hope ( fake hope is same as fake news PRAYUT, TIME FOR YOU TO SIT JAIL) and for once he should  listen to people your shit speeches are to long make you sleepy.. and they boring only thing you say is to cover your own ass.. you think we 5 years old????  And why we have to listen to mister clown 🤡,  only what comes out of his mouth is garbage... the guy is filthy... minister of health equals dirty brainless moron

For if someone missed it.. I have -10000% respect for these clowns, respect has to be earned and they will never earn it, because these  are scumbags first class.. and I do not need to have ever respect for clowns

Absolutely, panicked mode coming from PM, TAT, MOPH, CCSA who else I am missing???Instead of taking care of its citizens in restoring economy and tourism. Thai government don't give a shit about their people and they all talk..talk..talk to the media without further more actions.

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Interesting post there @SoidogI once heard a definition of Fascists which has always stuck with me. "Someone who hates other people because they are different." Those who have a down on barflies and sex tourists may not be Fascists, but they certain lack the liberal quality of tolerance.

• Like 2

He is just taking the piss to wind up members. Once he gets a bite he won't allow it off the hook. Just ignore him and don't respond to his posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Interesting post there @SoidogI once heard a definition of Fascists which has always stuck with me. "Someone who hates other people because they are different." Those who have a down on barflies and sex tourists may not be Fascists, but they certain lack the liberal quality of tolerance.

That’s a fair description 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

That’s a fair description 😂

I for one am tired of the same few that constantly promote the falang drinking culture as good for Thailand.  Some don't even live in Thailand presently and may have conflicting reason for doing so. Of course they complain about everything else so suggesting moving on to another subject is of little use. Perhaps moving on to somewhere they'd be appreciate would be good. Maybe taking a good look in the mirror would be of help.

Discussing things that are positive and could improve the lives of Thais would be my suggestion.

19 hours ago, Rip255 said:

Where do you think these so called "Barflys" eat and sleep? How do they get around? Do they not buy any Thai goods/souvenirs while they're here?  It's much bigger than just putting bar owners and staff out of business.

My wife is a very serious Buddhist, and she wants to see the bars open back up for the better of the economy.

Do you watch the Thai news daily? Have you seen the increase in theft/robberies/burglaries in the last year due to people loosing jobs?

Give your head a shake, then bang it against a wall repeatedly until that sinks in!!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Paco said:

If they all re open on December 1 what they going to do? Prosecute them all? I do not think so, hell will break lose if they even try that.. PM whatever you say  you cost people a lot of money, for not really a reason,  seems he is not able to make good decision after delaying it several times and give people ALL THE TIME fake hope ( fake hope is same as fake news PRAYUT, TIME FOR YOU TO SIT JAIL) and for once he should  listen to people your shit speeches are to long make you sleepy.. and they boring only thing you say is to cover your own ass.. you think we 5 years old????  And why we have to listen to mister clown 🤡,  only what comes out of his mouth is garbage... the guy is filthy... minister of health equals dirty brainless moron

For if someone missed it.. I have -10000% respect for these clowns, respect has to be earned and they will never earn it, because these  are scumbags first class.. and I do not need to have ever respect for clowns

Come on Paco, don't be shy, don't hold back... tell us how you really feel. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Stardust said:

And a huge liquidity problem in the economy through the highest household debts in Asia with 98% of the gdp plus the yearly state households deficits what brings liquidity loss. And with the structure of the Thai economy they only compensate the liquidity loss in the economy with tourism.

Asian countries with highest ratio household debt/GDP are Hong Kong (258%), China (182%), Japan (176%) and Thailand (160%). 2020 numbers.

source: statistica.com/statistics/738695/household-debt-gdp-globally-by-country/

This soldier posing as a PM does not need to care about anyone, you can bet his financial situation will be improving all the time from 2014 right through the pandemic. Some sort of authority needs to look into his finances. This guy is worse than any criminal. He is responsible for the loss of many livelihoods and suicides.

Sure the Cvirus statistics may increase if the bars and other businesses reopen, but healthy people are recovering all the time in their thousands, and the vaccinations will have helped as well.

Time to open the bars and other businesses and do away with this stupid alcohol nonsense. As it is always being said, the prevention is much worse than the cure.

Thailand needs to find a way of getting rid of this Junta once and for all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NidNoi said:

Asian countries with highest ratio household debt/GDP are Hong Kong (258%), China (182%), Japan (176%) and Thailand (160%). 2020 numbers.

source: statistica.com/statistics/738695/household-debt-gdp-globally-by-country/

Omg you really don't understand the difference go back to school you really slept at economy.

Ok for now compare the gdp and gross net of these countries and the structure of these economies! 

Or take for exampl germany woth a similiar population like Thailand!

Why do you think this countries could make even ten times higher like Thailand?! 

If you earn 500 usd you think you get a loan for a million usd?

Then don't mix private household debt with state household debt!

If you take private houshold debt you need also the gross net income!

Or easy for you normal sallary in Thailand compare to japan and germany!!! 

Nid noi economy knowledge!

15 hours ago, Stardust said:

But I have never seen your transliteration of morlam as morlom, where did you see that? Most Thai sources use mawlum eg Dr. Suriya in his book mawlum cing Isan, as do most western academics such as Dr T Miller and Dr J Mitchell, both have Phd's in Thai musicology. From Wikipedia, not the most reliable source but accurate on this, don't see yours listed!

Mor lam (Thai/Isan: หมอลำ [mɔ̌ː lam]; RTGSmo lam) is a traditional Lao form of song in Laos and Isan. Mor lam means 'expert song', or 'expert singer', referring to the music or artist respectively. Other romanisations used include mor lum, maw lam, maw lum, moh lam, mhor lum, and molum. In Laos, the music is known simply as lam (ລຳ); mor lam (ໝໍລຳ) refers to the singer.

Edited by Sarisin

5 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

But I have never seen your transliteration of morlam as morlom, where did you see that? Most Thai sources use mawlum eg Dr. Suriya in his book mawlum cing Isan, as do most western academics such as Dr T Miller and Dr J Mitchell, both have Phd's in Thai musicology. From Wikipedia, not the most reliable source but accurate on this, don't see yours listed!

Mor lam (Thai/Isan: หมอลำ [mɔ̌ː lam]; RTGSmo lam) is a traditional Lao form of song in Laos and Isan. Mor lam means 'expert song', or 'expert singer', referring to the music or artist respectively. Other romanisations used include mor lum, maw lam, maw lum, moh lam, mhor lum, and molum. In Laos, the music is known simply as lam (ລຳ); mor lam (ໝໍລຳ) refers to the singer.

Do you understand the differences between english spelling and pronouncing and latin languages ir german? Do you understand how the Thais pronounce the letters? Why do you think they write Isaan and not Esan. I tried to explain you but this I guess only works when you understand Thai. You come with the english version what doesnt work in thai they not use it! In thai lao languange it is not a or o so you can write it morlam or morlom but I dont know if you understabd isaan or lao and why I used the o. Go on youtube you will see it sometimes as morlum, morlom or morlam. Because in this case it is not clearly how to spell in that letters to make it correct because it is between. 

But I not understand why this is so important people who understand thai will know what I mean never mind I write it morlom or morlum same when I write Isaan or Esan. It doen't matter.

18 minutes ago, Sarisin said:

By the way to be exactly how they write or pronounce the letters you have to use german because it is the same and mor exactly than the latin languages or use the old latin it is the same pronouncation like german. To understand why because latin was before the german languange and is mixture and not so old. Thats why in the older books all is written in latin but no compare to nowadays latin languages. 

But anyway I think this is not so important and it doesnt matter if I write soklek or sockleg. Thais will understand it.