News Forum - Travel blogger jailed in China for posing with a veteran’s tombstone for pictures

Thaiger

A travel blogger in China was sentenced to seven months in prison after publishing photos of himself with a veteran’s tombstone at a military cemetery in Xinjiang territory, according to the state media People’s Daily. Li Qixian, who blogged under the name Xiao Xian Jayson, was ordered him to make a public apology within 10 days. Li visited the Kangxiwa Martyrs’ Cemetery in northwest China and uploaded nine images on local social media sites WeChat and Xiaohongshu in July. He typed the Chinese characters for “respect” under the photos. However, two of the photographs garnered considerable condemnation online, with many […]

The story Travel blogger jailed in China for posing with a veteran’s tombstone for pictures as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Graves are to be respected. This is a place sacred to the family of this person. Using a graveyard as a backdrop for a story and posing close to a grave, isn't good journalism...it's disrespectful to the person and their family. "The worth of a society is measured by their respect for the dead".... author...me...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Graves are to be respected. This is a place sacred to the family of this person. Using a graveyard as a backdrop for a story and posing close to a grave, isn't good journalism...it's disrespectful to the person and their family. "The worth of a society is measured by their respect for the dead".... author...me...

No it  doesnt and doesnt  warrant 7 months in jail, pathetic and disgusting

Edited by RampantRabbit
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jason said:

The problem lays in saying that bloggers are journalists, when in fact most of them are far from being one

Agree with Jason on this one.  Maybe the blogger did not mean to show disrespect.  However his pose and finger pointing was poor judgement to say the least. And was easy to misinterpret.   The headstone certainly isn't a theatrical prop to his blog. 

In hindsight (and easy to say of course) it would have been better for this young man maybe to leave a flower or light some incense sticks.  This would have gone across really well with older Chinese and Veterans. And of course, anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of Japanese war crimes would know just how sensitive the Chinese are in regard to Veterans graves. Plus the recent border clashes with India and subsequent deaths have added to this.   And although his sentence very severe it is designed to serve as a stiff warning to others.  It's that simple.  Cheers.

3 minutes ago, MARCO said:

In hindsight (and easy to say of course) it would have been better for this young man maybe to leave a flower or light some incense sticks.  This would have gone across really well with older Chinese and Veterans. And of course, anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of Japanese war crimes would know just how sensitive the Chinese are in regard to Veterans graves. Plus the recent border clashes with India and subsequent deaths have added to this.   And although his sentence very severe it is designed to serve as a stiff warning to others.  It's that simple.  Cheers.

Oh, tyrannical commie nation veterans are now supposedly "noble warriors"?! What is this appeasement of a clear and present danger to western societies. The Chinese are playing hard ball, so better bring your A-game and stop this bullshit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Oh, tyrannical commie nation veterans are now supposedly "noble warriors"?! What is this appeasement of a clear and present danger to western societies. The Chinese are playing hard ball, so better bring your A-game and stop this bullshit.

Oh dear .... someone hasn't taken their medication this morning. Quick .. look under your bed. There could be a Commie under there!

I look at it this way, I better not see anyone taking pictures out of disrespect with my mom and dads' graves as they really have no reason to do it, but the CCP does take things a bit too far. Knowing how Chinese feel about the dead I can sort of understand the uproar.

• Like 1

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

I look at it this way, I better not see anyone taking pictures out of disrespect with my mom and dads' graves as they really have no reason to do it, but the CCP does take things a bit too far. Knowing how Chinese feel about the dead I can sort of understand the uproar.

Worried about you mate 😳 Not double thumbing anything anti-China today? 🤭 

18 hours ago, Jason said:

First of all it was not a graveyard! You are really advocating to get a jail sentence for making pics and if you see in other medias outside of China about the pic they are what is offending on his posing. So you advocat the people who not look what is in their backside when they make a pic should be jailed? How sick is that? It is very clear who is a criminal. And what is about the contration camps and tirtures, rapes and forced labours this is ok for you?

Some civilizations act differently when it comes to the dead!

The North American Indians taughted Jeremiah Johnson just for passing through their burial ground 

11 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Worried about you mate 😳 Not double thumbing anything anti-China today? 🤭 

Ok Bob20, here ya go for what I really think. The CCP soldier died there doing something nefarious, and that was more than likely trying to steal land occupied by India. That cemetery is for the CCP ones of the border encroachment fighting perpetrated by them and I feel no remorse for these dead robot soldiers and the CCP's BS escapades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ok Bob20, here ya go for what I really think. The CCP soldier died there doing something nefarious, and that was more than likely trying to steal land occupied by India. That cemetery is for the CCP ones of the border encroachment fighting perpetrated by them and I feel no remorse for these dead robot soldiers and the CCP's BS escapades.

That sounds more like you 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

First of all it was not a graveyard! You are really advocating to get a jail sentence for making pics and if you see in other medias outside of China about the pic they are what is offending on his posing. So you advocat the people who not look what is in their backside when they make a pic should be jailed? How sick is that? It is very clear who is a criminal. And what is about the contration camps and tirtures, rapes and forced labours this is ok for you?

Tombstone as monument and no bodies are buried there.

Stardust said " .....And what is about the contration camps and tirtures, rapes and forced labours this is ok for you?"

Oh, I think I know what you're saying Stardust.  You mean just like Guantanamo Bay?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Exactly, they are just simple thieves tried to steel land just criminal like the Xi regime. And where the respect for all the deads they killed in their concentration camps, jails, mass rapes, organ harvesting? And whats about covid who brought the ones in jail who talked about the outbreak whats about all the millions who died because of that? Where is the respect from this posters to them? What a hipocracy to talk about respect but not about all their victims!

Just now, Stardust said:

Exactly, they are just simple thieves tried to steel land just criminal like the Xi regime. And where the respect for all the deads they killed in their concentration camps, jails, mass rapes, organ harvesting? And whats about covid who brought the ones in jail who talked about the outbreak whats about all the millions who died because of that? Where is the respect from this posters to them? What a hipocracy to talk about respect but not about all their victims!

Exactly. You tell them Stardust. The CCP are just a bunch of thug criminals who pee and crap on humanity.

• Like 1

Yeah!  Don't hold back Stardust.  Tell us what you really think.  Show them damn Commies a bit of raw steel up their squinty little back-sides.  Xi would be out of his mind taking on a Rambo like you. Go for it Big Guy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MARCO said:

Stardust said " .....And what is about the contration camps and tirtures, rapes and forced labours this is ok for you?"

Oh, I think I know what you're saying Stardust.  You mean just like Guantanamo Bay?

I am not from the USA and make aboutism doesnt make crimes to no crimes! 

By the way I thought people mostly noticed that I am not a english native speaker.

Next!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MARCO said:

Yeah!  Don't hold back Stardust.  Tell us what you really think.  Show them damn Commies a bit of raw steel up their squinty little back-sides.  Xi would be out of his mind taking on a Rambo like you. Go for it Big Guy.

You really think that people who not agree with criminals and the worlds biggest threat must be an American. Xi China is with the whole world in trouble except other gangsters or gangster countries like North Korea or the Taliban. 

Just now, Stardust said:

You really think that people who not agree with criminals and the worlds biggest threat must be an American. Xi China is with the whole world in trouble except other gangsters or gangster countries like North Korea or the Taliban. 

Well funny how I just came across an article that says the CCP just yesterday sent bombers to the Indian border as a big commie warning to the Indians. The CCP is egging to get their noses bloodied. Can't take on the whole world. Disgusting commies.

Newsweekimage.png.7c6d5256479dba2e4e4273fbdabf1e8c.png Newsweek China Sends Bomber Planes to Indian Border in 'Warning' to Country

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

I am not from the USA and make aboutism doesnt make crimes to no crimes! 

By the way I thought people mostly noticed that I am not a english native speaker.

Next!

Actually Stardust I did suspect you might be American as your spelling and English grammar sometimes made no sense.. I mean, just listen to their President and you'll  get what I'm saying. No offence implied.  Anyhow, too many hillbilly rednecks already,  Just ask President Xi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well funny how I just came across an article that says the CCP just yesterday sent bombers to the Indian border as a big commie warning to the Indians. The CCP is egging to get their noses bloodied. Can't take on the whole world. Disgusting commies.

Newsweekimage.png.7c6d5256479dba2e4e4273fbdabf1e8c.png Newsweek China Sends Bomber Planes to Indian Border in 'Warning' to Country

Yep.  Damn those Commies.  What we need is more Indians in the world.  Why cant Xi just leave them alone. I hate political racism. Let's hear if for the  Indians!

17 minutes ago, MARCO said:

Yep.  Damn those Commies.  What we need is more Indians in the world.  Why cant Xi just leave them alone. I hate political racism. Let's hear if for the  Indians!

The biggest racist regime is Xi China they even have a gestapo police unuts extra for foreigners. You must be thinking the world is stupid and nobody experienced the real China compare to the fairy tale propaganda from Beijing. As there are many multinational companies are operating, or let me say before many are pulling them out if China since a while, many foreigners could experience the fascistt racist Xi ccp China regime. I gues in most countries it would also not allowed that restaurants put signs like dogs and foreigners are not allowed or no dogs and japanese etc etc. It is a hypcracy if the wumaos or Xi supporters take the racist card but support one of the most racist and fascist regime in the world. And by the way a genocide  and conentration camps for ethnic groups is racism, too. Racists who declare others who not agree with them or their crimes racists shows it all.