News Forum - Police say no live ammunition was used against protesters in Bangkok yesterday

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

You understand history? And when I mentioned black may or 2010! And when I said who was involved and is now the government?! What is there misunderstanable and sure they were not civilians!

Nothing "misunderstanable" about it, but as usual it's of absolutely zero relevance to the topic or the issue under discussion.

Maybe you can play such games with people who doesnt know what was going on or werent here and who was army chief in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Thai_military_crackdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Who want everything more detailed can find reports on the human wrights watch page

Stop your games!

I've no idea what your "games" are, as I've said nothing about 2010 as it's of no possible relevance to the thread or the particular aspect of it under discussion.

Yes and still some want to rewrite the history or write a fantasy one to defend the undefendable or to advocat even killing of unarmed people and even claim they were civilians who did it.

But no-one's re-writing history or defending the undefendable.

No-one, including me, has done anything more than point out the glaring holes in your version of events in the video you posted, and suggesting the rather obvious possibility that a civilian shot the protester since that's exactly what happened the previous time and has happened before recently.

That's all that I or anyone else has suggested, but you seem so obsessed with other things instead that you seem either unaware of that or unable to accept the reality that it happened.

Edit:

Maybe we can get back on topic, which is this protest and this shooting, rather than any others and nida polls ... just a thought ... 

For the people who want to see the shooters more clearly and from different angles

Who wants see more has to watch the thai media it is a lot shown

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stardust said:

For the people who want to see the shooters more clearly and from different angles

Dont know how Stonker is going to explain that away.

His theory about a mysterious third party firing from a grassy knoll somewhere is looking kinda shaky. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

His theory about a mysterious third party firing from a grassy knoll somewhere is looking kinda shaky. 

Exactly, I watched it already before on the tv and was wondering about such theories 

35 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Well, that's 15 minutes of watching no "shooters" any "more clearly and from different angles" than before.

Apart from a few seconds of exactly the same police as before with exactly the same riot guns as before at the beginning, repeated near the end, there's no film of any shooting at all.

Just the normal crowds of protesters, and a surprisingly restrained and very low profile police presence ... along with surpisingly little reporting and follow up on the casualties in the media (including the Thai media).

21 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What "theory"?

... and what's to "explain away"? Again, the only video of anyone doing any shooting is of the same police firing the same riot guns in the same place.

Why does that need to be "explained away" since all they're doing is their job, reasonably quietly, and with a reasonable amount of restraint, with no sign of any police firing any live rounds.

That may not suit some people but ... well ... that's all there's any video of - no 'smoking gun', literally or metaphorically.

Just now, Stonker said:

What "theory"?

... and what's to "explain away"? Again, the only video of anyone doing any shooting is of the same police firing the same riot guns in the same place.

Why does that need to be "explained away" since all they're doing is their job, reasonably quietly, and with a reasonable amount of restraint, with no sign of any police firing any live rounds.

That may not suit some people but ... well ... that's all there's any video of - no 'smoking gun', literally or metaphorically.

Where is the mysterious third party firing from then?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, that's 15 minutes of watching no "shooters" any "more clearly and from different angles" than before.

Apart from a few seconds of exactly the same police as before with exactly the same riot guns as before at the beginning, repeated near the end, there's no film of any shooting at all.

Just the normal crowds of protesters, and a surprisingly restrained and very low profile police presence ... along with surpisingly little reporting and follow up on the casualties in the media (including the Thai media).

Thats why I choose that because it is without moderation that i can post it here because of the rules. And about riot guns watch thai tv and you get it with moderation! Because not all who were filmed were with riot guns as you are claiming! Learn some thai then you can watch all the thai media and videos! 

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Where is the mysterious third party firing from then?

What "mysterious third party"?

All that's been reliably reported anywhere so far is that one protester, possibly two, was shot in the chest in front of the Police Forensic Medicine Institute  and taken to hospital by ambulance, with no details of the injury or whether it was a live round or a rubber bullet, and another injured by fragments from a home-made ping-pong bomb.

In the absence of any other reports I've simply suggested that a civilian "third party" could have fired the shot, since that's what happened at previous protests recently despite the hype about police snipers who photos clearly showed were armed only with shotguns.

Throw in the normal red herring rants about the government and the idea that rubber bullets should be banned, with no consideration that there's no alternative so they're by far the least bad option, and the normal comments based on wild speculation, claims and manic  rumours on social media, and that's about it.

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

What "mysterious third party"?

All that's been reliably reported anywhere so far is that one protester, possibly two, was shot in the chest in front of the Police Forensic Medicine Institute  and taken to hospital by ambulance, with no details of the injury or whether it was a live round or a rubber bullet, and another injured by fragments from a home-made ping-pong bomb.

In the absence of any other reports I've simply suggested that a civilian "third party" could have fired the shot, since that's what happened at previous protests recently despite the hype about police snipers who photos clearly showed were armed only with shotguns.

Throw in the normal red herring rants about the government and the idea that rubber bullets should be banned, with no consideration that there's no alternative so they're by far the least bad option, and the normal comments based on wild speculation, claims and manic  rumours on social media, and that's about it.

You are a rumour spreader even spreading false history and spreading  speculations thats the problem here. And we talking not about social media we are talking about press fom the tv who was present and the first responders and doctor who gave an statement! You still not realised how many press and photographer were there! You selling here again your rumours and speculations as facts even when since 2 days the filmed footages were in the tv channels and news. And even claimed as a fact they got the former shooters . Learn Thai! I read often false infos from you that you presented as facts and in the Thai tv people realized it was just propaganda and rumours from a group just to advocat their agendas but you presented it here as facts. 

Just now, Stardust said:

You are a rumour spreader even spreading false history and spreading  speculations thats the problem here. And we talking not about social media we are talking about press fom the tv who was present and the first responders and doctor who gave an statement! You still not realised how many press and photographer were there! You selling here again your rumours and speculations as facts even when since 2 days the filmed footages were in the tv channels and news. And even claimed as a fact they got the former shooters . Learn Thai! I read often false infos from you that you presented as facts and in the Thai tv people realized it was just propaganda and rumours from a group just to advocat their agendas but you presented it here as facts. 

By the way if you would watch Thai tv you would know he is in chula hospital !

10 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Thats why I choose that because it is without moderation that i can post it here because of the rules. And about riot guns watch thai tv and you get it with moderation! Because not all who were filmed were with riot guns as you are claiming! Learn some thai then you can watch all the thai media and videos! 

You really are full of wild assumptions that you throw around based on absolutely zero knowledge - you obviously have no idea how much Thai I need to "learn".

I realise your English is limited, but I've never suggested let alone claimed that the RTP were only armed with riot guns. Very obviously they weren't and neither should they have been.

What I said was that those were the only weapons shown being fired since ... well ... those are the only weapons shown being fired.

Everything else you're saying is just based on wild speculation and unsupported claims in social media, which I'm not really interested in commenting on as it's completely unsubstantiated.

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sorry, but you're the only one here spreading any "rumours" or talking about "history" - I've avoided both, and so I can't even guess what "propaganda and rumours" you're talking about.

It may come as a shock to you, but it's not that unusual for expats here to speak Thai - some considerably more proficiently than others do English.

20 minutes ago, Stardust said:

By the way if you would watch Thai tv you would know he is in chula hospital !

Yet another of your wild assumptions of what I do or don't know or do.

Sorry, no offence, but your comments are now just centred on nothing more than personal abuse without adding anything constructive to the topic.   

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

At 0:51 why are protestors charging into riot police? one person even tried to hit the police right before they shot. What did they think was going to happen...

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, dj230 said:

At 0:51 why are protestors charging into riot police? one person even tried to hit the police right before they shot. What did they think was going to happen...

Also worth wondering what the small explosion was immediaitely after that at 0:54, similar to that at 0:27 - nothing like the sound of riot guns being being fired which you can see and hear a few seconds later and again at 01:25-01:30, and before at 0:30 - 0:40.  Beyond too much doubt, small ping-pong bombs being thrown at the police.

What they probably thought was going to happen was what they hoped would happen - that the police would over-react and it would be filmed then put out on national and international media.

That's what protesters like this (and fortunately only a small minority of protesters are like this) always hope for.

Even if the police react with the mimimum force, there'll still be those who'll blame them for firing rubber bullets at less than the minimum range, athough the police had no alternative - and, as here, they'll bleat about police brutality but remain sadly silent when asked to suggest any alternative.

In this case they failed to get what they wanted as despite the tens of thousands of hours of video taken and the deliberate provocation, in this instance the police reacted with minimum force and measured tolerance.  Regardless of what happened ten years ago, or even ten months ago, which are of no relevance to this thread, in this case the police simply did their job protecting people and property.

I haven't looked at all of the tens of thousands of hours of video posted on social media or even on Thai news as there's no need to - anything incriminating and genuine would have been snapped up by the Thai and international press and been headlines, but all too evidently there was nothing.

No videos of the police "shooters" firing anything but riot guns, no videos of them shooting live rounds, and not even any videos of them threatening anyone with any weapons that can fire live rounds (not rubber bullets).

It's perfectly possible that someone was badly shot with a live round, but it's more than a bit odd that there's been nothing, absolutely nothing, about it in the mainstream news in either Thai or English or in the international media such as the BBC who've been only too keen to give these sort of reports publicity.  Despite the crowds jumping on the outrage bus, all the evidence so far is that this is nothing more than hyped and manufactured hot air.

You get another view of the same incident in the video shown earlier, which shows the exact same thing (unsurprisingly) with the sound and smoke of a small explosion at the 10 second point, which you can compare with the very different sound of the riot guns being fired a few seconds later which you can also see at 0:20 - 0:25 / 0:50.

No sign at all of any police firing or aiming anything but riot guns, and only firing after the ping-pong bomb went off at their feet, despite the dozens if not hundreds of people filming their every move.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:26 PM, Stardust said:

You can also see the protest medics who attended to the casualty at the 04:20 - 04:30 point, without a spot of blood on their gloves before they rinse them off, and a spotless road.  The sequence of events and who did what is starting to become a lot clearer and the only people it's incriminating are the protesters.

A week later, still no reports of anyone shot with live rounds at the protests in national or international news media, or anyone hospitalised after being shot with live rounds.  Clearly, despite the wild allegations on social media, it simply never happened.