News Forum - Police say no live ammunition was used against protesters in Bangkok yesterday

Thaiger

Another controversial topic.

If you look at it from the possibility that a police or government official shot the protestor somebody has a go at you.

If you look at the possibility that another party is involved somebody has a go at you.

If you remain open minded or try to look at different segments of the clip. Everybody has a go at you.

Very good thread for masochists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Please give one reason why it shouldn't be not the same as usual or before?!

Because "before" that's exactly what happened, just as @mickkotlarski described!

45 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Every picture tells a story.

Don't give too much on that all because he is famous for often defending the undefendable 😆

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Don't give too much on that all because he is famous for often defending the undefendable 😆

No sweat Stardust but sometimes the entertainment value in some discussions is truly en captivating.

So far I've heard some really good perspectives and seen logic from different points of view. But can't help but wonder at times. If we of Thaiger Talk were all summoned to decide a case as a jury the poor old magistrate would most likely end up on Valium listening to the bickering.  

Thanks for the message. I like both yourself and Stonker so with that in mind its off to the gym.

26 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Another controversial topic.

If you look at it from the possibility that a police or government official shot the protestor somebody has a go at you.

If you look at the possibility that another party is involved somebody has a go at you.

If you remain open minded or try to look at different segments of the clip. Everybody has a go at you.

Very good thread for masochists.

Yes I just wanted to write about that but you were faster. Anyway as I wrote just check the close history and then you will see the ones who were involved in former shootings in civilians are now in the government. And thats what the majority in Thailand is aware and not speculate like some do here and are sure who is behind such action. For them it is not a unknown power as such here are claiming. The speculators are not familiar with the Thai history , black may, 2010 and other actions and who were involved and who is in the government. After they inform themself maybe they got some light or learned something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stardust said:

Yes I just wanted to write about that but you were faster. Anyway as I wrote just check the close history and then you will see the ones who were involved in former shootings in civilians are now in the government. And thats what the majority in Thailand is aware and not speculate like some do here and are sure who is behind such action. For them it is not a unknown power as such here are claiming. The speculators are not familiar with the Thai history , black may, 2010 and other actions and who were involved and who is in the government. After they inform themself maybe they got some light or learned something.

For sure. This must also be kept in mind. Some actions have gone unanswered and many people have been left disappointed. Every shooting has a motive. 

Just now, mickkotlarski said:

No sweat Stardust but sometimes the entertainment value in some discussions is truly en captivating.

So far I've heard some really good perspectives and seen logic from different points of view. But can't help but wonder at times. If we of Thaiger Talk were all summoned to decide a case as a jury the poor old magistrate would most likely end up on Valium listening to the bickering.  

Thanks for the message. I like both yourself and Stonker so with that in mind its off to the gym.

I wasnt in this speculations because it wasnt something new in Thailand and always the same people. I was wondering about this speculation because as I mention there were never other people behind it and I not read one thing about why they think it is time different. It seamed more that again the ones are out who are famous for to defend the undefendable or why should it be another reason to make a never ending speculation round?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Because "before" that's exactly what happened, just as @mickkotlarski described!

You were writing civilians were shooting in past on the protester but it was the army and junta. Thats quite different and not the Thai history who is everyone aware who knows the history.

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

I wasnt in this speculations because it wasnt something new in Thailand and always the same people. I was wondering about this speculation because as I mention there were never other people behind it and I not read one thing about why they think it is time different. It seamed more that again the ones are out who are famous for to defend the undefendable or why should it be another reason to make a never ending speculation round?

Your previous comments are very pertinent to motive of the shooter. Both government and protestors have grounds for this but you are correct in saying that the same people are involved in a recurring list of nasty incidents.

Sometimes its easy to think that a person has changed their tone or alliance but there are a lot of grey areas here Stardust. Even though  I lean towards there being legitimate suspicion that authorities are directly/indirectly involved.   

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

You were writing civilians were shooting in past on the protester but it was the army and junta. Thats quite different and not the Thai history who is everyone aware who knows the history.

Your grasp of "history" isn't as good as you imagine.

All the occasions since this government took office, including all in the last 2 years of protests, have been by civilians opposing the demonstrators.

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

Your previous comments are very pertinent to motive of the shooter. Both government and protestors have grounds for this but you are correct in saying that the same people are involved in a recurring list of nasty incidents.

Sometimes its easy to think that a person has changed their tone or alliance but there are a lot of grey areas here Stardust. Even though  I lean towards there being legitimate suspicion that authorities are directly/indirectly involved.   

Sure i understand but see no reason why it should be this time different and explicit this time they are more aggressive, more careless and robbed the country . I see no reasonable reason who else wants to keep that status quo, greedy and even want all. This time it is even more clear.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

All the occasions since this government took office, including all in the last 2 years of protests, have been by civilians opposing the demonstrators.

You understand history? And when I mentioned black may or 2010! And when I said who was involved and is now the government?! What is there misunderstanable and sure they were not civilians!

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Sure i understand but see no reason why it should be this time different and explicit this time they are more aggressive, more careless and robbed the country . I see no reasonable reason who else wants to keep that status quo, greedy and even want all. This time it is even more clear.

Hence why the delayed election. The Junta are as popular as a pork chop in a mosque. Many are genuinely fed up. The government seniors are not the brightest bulb on the tree and the PM himself still has not accounted for many dodgy things from his past including the cover up of the soldiers/cadets killed on his watch as chief if the Armed Forces. 

Honestly I'm not in disagreement. You're preaching to the converted in this.

But I will listen to all. Stonker raised a good aspect of this.

Some of the non aligned locals and even anti government folk that live in the DIn Daeng area are sick of the rioting. They didn't call out and push back protestors because of love for Prayut. They did it to show their vex about the violence on their doorstep. Their voices should also be heard. After all if a brick flies through the window of your house or a loved one is injured by a ping pong explosion there is a right to be pissed off.

I'm on your side Stardust. I hope you don't think I'm debating for the sake of it. Your feedback is well respected and appreciated.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Maybe you can play such games with people who doesnt know what was going on or werent here and who was army chief in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Thai_military_crackdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Who want everything more detailed can find reports on the human wrights watch page

Stop your games!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Maybe you can play such games with people who doesnt know what was going on or werent here and who was army chief in 2010

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Thai_military_crackdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayut_Chan-o-cha

Who want everything more detailed can find reports on the human wrights watch page

Stop your games!

For general information the link is informative.

https://www.hrw.org/report/2011/05/03/descent-chaos/thailands-2010-red-shirt-protests-and-government-crackdown#

8 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Hence why the delayed election. The Junta are as popular as a pork chop in a mosque. Many are genuinely fed up. The government seniors are not the brightest bulb on the tree and the PM himself still has not accounted for many dodgy things from his past including the cover up of the soldiers/cadets killed on his watch as chief if the Armed Forces. 

Honestly I'm not in disagreement. You're preaching to the converted in this.

But I will listen to all. Stonker raised a good aspect of this.

Some of the non aligned locals and even anti government folk that live in the DIn Daeng area are sick of the rioting. They didn't call out and push back protestors because of love for Prayut. They did it to show their vex about the violence on their doorstep. Their voices should also be heard. After all if a brick flies through the window of your house or a loved one is injured by a ping pong explosion there is a right to be pissed off.

I'm on your side Stardust. I hope you don't think I'm debating for the sake of it. Your feedback is well respected and appreciated.

Last vida poll for Bangkok just 2 % would vote for someone from the ruling government party. That says all and means 98% do not support him in Bangkok. This was 2 weeks ago

• Like 1

Just now, Stardust said:

Yes thats the one I mentioned

Which people conveniently forget. However as my ex-wife knew some of the family members of the nurse murdered in the Wat it is very difficult to forget exactly what this PM has stood for in the past.

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes and still some want to rewrite the history or write a fantasy one to defend the undefendable or to advocat even killing of unarmed people and even claim they were civilians who did it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Last vida poll for Bangkok just 2 % would vote for someone from the ruling government party. That says all and means 98% do not support him in Bangkok. This was 2 weeks ago

Somehow I'm nae too surprised. Even if (lets say 10%) were undecided you can see why the PM delayed the election. He knows he's in deep water. But I think delaying the inevitable won't save the current government.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Which people conveniently forget. However as my ex-wife knew some of the family members of the nurse murdered in the Wat it is very difficult to forget exactly what this PM has stood for in the past.

Theres one femal doctor on the bkk forum, herbrother was executed there because he made first aid as a doctor. Executed by shooting him in the head 

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes and still some want to rewrite the history or write a fantasy one to defend the undefendable or to advocat even killing of unarmed people and even claim they were civilians who did it.

And worryingly there are many people still willing to vote for him and what he stands for.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

And worryingly there are many people still willing to vote for him and what he stands for.

Or maybe profit from it?

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Theres one femal doctor on the bkk forum, herbrother was executed there because he made first aid as a doctor. Executed by shooting him in the head 

Woow. This is one I've not heard about. When did it happen Stardust? Summary is good enough.

7 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Woow. This is one I've not heard about. When did it happen Stardust? Summary is good enough.

She is always in bkk post forum and mentioned it there in a topic about a memory day. But she is very active there. I have no details but what I know is that he got executed for giving first aid but as I remember on the place where he gave the first aid not even brought him in another hidden place. She is a very brave doctor and you will find here there on the forum.

• Thanks 1