Jump to content

News Forum - Unlicensed construction may be cause of Koh Larn resort death


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

A simple and tragic case of a girl who was found dead in her resort bathroom on the popular holiday island of Koh Larn has taken a twist as officials say the property had no construction license. Though the first information released about her death last week implied a night of heavy drinking led to a fatal accident, poor building techniques at the resort could possibly be to blame for her mysterious death. Last week a young woman was holidaying with a few friends and they had all reportedly been drinking heavily. In their room at the unnamed resort near […]

The story Unlicensed construction may be cause of Koh Larn resort death as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear if that is determined to be the cause of death how tragic. On the other hand if this resort had been operating for one year, and it appears to be in a prominent location, why hadn't local officials noticed it and reported it to higher authority ? or perhaps back-handers were given to say nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone see the video of the bathroom on the thai news here,  the gas heater for the hot water didn't have a flue attached!  The exhaust just went straight into the small batthroom next to the bath

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

officials say the property had no construction license.

Not that they're worth the paper they're written on.

A friend in Bangsaray bought a new house. He had some problems with the electrical installation.
Further investigation revealed there was an earth rod, but the earth wiring to the power outlets was missing all the way through the house.
He found out from a neighbour the standard was for the contractor to not bother installing the earth wiring. When it came for the local authority to inspect the house, the builder paid 500 Baht for the missing earth to be 'overlooked', as it was cheaper for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised more people haven't died or experienced harm. Some of the buildings I have seen beggar belief. Some of the electrical systems I have seen are accidents waiting to happen. I know each of us tend to think that our countries are pretty good at the basis, but we're not....nor is Thailand. It's what happens when we think we can't learn anything from other cultures, other countries. It's what happens when knowledge and experience are shunned, by nationa pride.

 i know I'll be ridiculed for saying so, but, if we shared the best of our thought and effort with other nations openly, we could all benefit. We could all be applying the best to the difficulties and challenges of each nation.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Not that they're worth the paper they're written on.

A friend in Bangsaray bought a new house. He had some problems with the electrical installation.
Further investigation revealed there was an earth rod, but the earth wiring to the power outlets was missing all the way through the house.
He found out from a neighbour the standard was for the contractor to not bother installing the earth wiring. When it came for the local authority to inspect the house, the builder paid 500 Baht for the missing earth to be 'overlooked', as it was cheaper for him.

Yes mate, and this is the problem with endemic corruption. It literally affects every single aspect of life. Anything which requires an approval or licence is open to abuse due to corruption. This then filters down to transport, health care, food, education, construction …..

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

is just sad that people have to die first before they find things out, this could have been prevented

That certainly is not the case with road fatalities.  It simply repeats itself after some lip service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All possibilities should be considered. It's possible her death had nothing to do with the buidling. It could have been due to an aneurysm, heart attack, poisoning, etc, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 0

      News Forum - Eye-watering onion prices drive Filipino black market

    2. 1

      News Forum - Come home soon, Thaksin, and go to jail – ex-minister

    3. 1

      News Forum - Thai activists warn that new hair guidelines will allow schools to be more strict

    4. 2

      News Forum - What changes did Google notice in Thailand’s web searches last year?

    5. 0

      News Forum - Thai woman alleges ex-husband kidnapped her daughter

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use