News Forum - ‘Joe Ferrari’ and 6 other police, face death penalty

Thaiger

Thitisan Utthanaphon, aka. Joe Ferrari, along with 6 other police, will be indicted this week over 4 charges relating to the alleged torture and subsequent murder of a 24 year old drug suspect. The 7 police now facing official charges are… Pol Col Thitisan Utthanaphon (head of the station) Pol Maj Rawirot Ditthong Pol Capt Songyot Khlainak Pol Lt Thoranin Matwanna Pol Snr Sgt Maj Suphakon Nimchuen Pol Snr Sgt Maj Wisut Bunkhiew Pol L/C Pawikon Khammarew The Central Investigation Bureau made the announcement yesterday and says the Office of the Attorney-General will officially prosecute the 8 individuals early next […]

The story ‘Joe Ferrari’ and 6 other police, face death penalty as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

28 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

... despite his relatively young age of 30.

He's "relatively young" but he's 39.

He graduated from the Police Cadet Academy into the police in 2003 - I doubt he joined the police aged 12.

(to be fair, though, a BP mistake just copied here).

33 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

... prosecute the 8 individuals

7 individuals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

The article title say, “face death penalty”, but I’ll only believe it when I see it 👀

Facing vs actually receiving. hmmm. I agree, lets see it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paulw said:

He claims he is innocent and will fight it in court!! What F---- planet is he from!

Must be from the Planet Zanussi.

I'm sure he's just playing for time, in the hope his evil henchmen will work out how and who to pay for his aquittal.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

so he is a cop with the nickname Joe Ferrari because of his huge supercar collection and no one asks any questions?

did anyone see his house when this story broke? the grounds alone looked like a five star hotel. 

i am surprised his higher ups allowed him to do this because the first rule in the Mafia is don't attract unwanted attention.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Must be from the Planet Zanussi.

I have been to Zanussi. I had a girlfriend there. She was green. Everyone said it would not last. 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

The article title say, “face death penalty”, but I’ll only believe it when I see it 👀

Exactly this sounds as they even been at the courts. And courts in Thailand is another chapter as we experienced and cannot seen as real courts with international standards . 

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I wonder if Joe Ferrari will accidently topple over a balcony. Accused senior officers have been known to become unsteady on their feet in the past.

You mean he would come out on bail for a weekend holiday in Pattaya?

1 hour ago, Paulw said:

He claims he is innocent and will fight it in court!! What F---- planet is he from!

Planet Earth and a country called Thailand where a big enough bribe to the judge will get you off. Remember they don't have Jury trials here for the simple reason it is easier and more rewarding to bribe judges.

Pleading Not Guilty? That’s a ballsy move! Especially considering the video evidence and the as yet unnamed whistleblower cop/s that will have to be called to testify. His codefendants will have to plead Not Guilty also or his ship is as good as sunk upon launch. If Isuzu Joe doesn’t change his plea to guilty at the last moment there goes any sentence reduction in exchange for pleading guilty. I think he’ll get a life sentence because he was a “good” cop, unblemished record, handed himself in, because because because … and the whole affair will fade away. Then his appeal against severity of sentence will be lodged. Don’t forget he’ll be eligible for parole, not entitled to it, after 33% served unlike those evil drug people who are eligible at 66% served and are rarely granted parole. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Ok, these police could have stopped Joe Ferrari from killing the guy, yes. But shouldn't only Joe Ferrari get the death penalty?

In Thailand, hierarchies are the most important thing that exists. 

Why do they still think it's a good idea to make your boss look equal to a god? Nothing may be done to a boss here, and if you do, your life will become shit. 

Don't get me wrong. They should be punished, but shouldn't people take a look what all these hierarchies here are responsible for? Things like this are definitely going to happen when people are made afraid to speak out against a leader. But no one seems to learn from it, and the same mistakes will be made. 

Edited by DiJoDavO
  • Like 2

I’m all for the death penalty 90% of the time but in this case ,they are cops and we know what happens to sex offenders and jailed cops in prison.

Black bag Joe  what do you know 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so he is a cop with the nickname Joe Ferrari because of his huge supercar collection and no one asks any questions?

did anyone see his house when this story broke? the grounds alone looked like a five star hotel. 

i am surprised his higher ups allowed him to do this because the first rule in the Mafia is don't attract unwanted attention.  

555 Yes that is a rule of thumb but inevitably not everybody ,thugs,criminals and alike ,adhere 

Good Example ,the movie Goodfellas

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Ok, these police could have stopped Joe Ferrari from killing the guy, yes. But shouldn't only Joe Ferrari get the death penalty?

In Thailand, hierarchies are the most important thing that exists. 

Why do they still think it's a good idea to make your boss look equal to a god? Nothing may be done to a boss here, and if you do, your life will become shit. 

Don't get me wrong. They should be punished, but shouldn't people take a look what all these hierarchies here are responsible for? Things like this are definitely going to happen when people are made afraid to speak out against a leader. But no one seems to learn from it, and the same mistakes will be made. 

I think the courts will take that into consideration as far as the activities of each individual involved 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

555 Yes that is a rule of thumb but inevitably not everybody ,thugs,criminals and alike ,adhere 

Good Example ,the movie Goodfellas

Real life vs Hollywood.

Hmm....

Won't happen a top Police officer cannot and will not be prosecuted once it gets to the court case reporting restrictions will be in place and all information will be censored and only media reports that look favorable to top cop will be allowed. The whistle blower will be pressurized to withdraw his statement through threats and bribes for starters. He is still employed as far as i know so will still be receiving his pay and pension because his boss's have not yet sacked him.

• Like 1

I think the victim put plastic bags over his head himself. Joe F. wanted to help him and take the bags off, but the stubborn victim wouldn't let anyone get the bags off and died without permission. And Joe got all cars through his hard and ungrateful work in the police, because cars are his hobby. The trial will clear the policemen. 🤑

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I’m all for the death penalty 90% of the time but in this case ,they are cops and we know what happens to sex offenders and jailed cops in prison.

Black bag Joe  what do you know 

You mean he will be responsible to pick up the soap in the shower?

"All 7 police have been discharged from duty but retain their ranks in the police force, pending the outcome of the trial, although they’ve been held in Bangkok’s Klong Prem prison during the investigations".

Does that mean that they can arrest criminals they are locked up with? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Pleading Not Guilty? That’s a ballsy move! Especially considering the video evidence and the as yet unnamed whistleblower cop/s that will have to be called to testify. His codefendants will have to plead Not Guilty also or his ship is as good as sunk upon launch. If Isuzu Joe doesn’t change his plea to guilty at the last moment there goes any sentence reduction in exchange for pleading guilty. I think he’ll get a life sentence because he was a “good” cop, unblemished record, handed himself in, because because because … and the whole affair will fade away. Then his appeal against severity of sentence will be lodged. Don’t forget he’ll be eligible for parole, not entitled to it, after 33% served unlike those evil drug people who are eligible at 66% served and are rarely granted parole. 

Had he been charged under  Section 288, which he was to be previously, then a jail sentence would have been an option for the judge and pleading guilty would have meant any jail term was halved.

Under Section 289 there's no such option as the only sentence possible if found guilty is the death penalty, so it makes no difference to the sentence if he pleads guilty or not.

• Like 1