News Forum - BREAKING: Reopening of bars and nightclubs pushed to mid-January 2022

Thaiger

The long-awaited reopening of bars and nightlife venues has been pushed to January 15, 2022.  The CCSA held a general meeting chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha today and decided to push back the reopening date for entertainment venues. Alcohol sales at restaurants is now only allowed in areas classified as “blue zones” including Bangkok, and Phuket. This is a developing story and will be updated.

The story BREAKING: Reopening of bars and nightclubs pushed to mid-January 2022 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Alcohol sales at restaurants is now only allowed in areas classified as “blue zones” including Bangkok, and Phuket

And there it is Pattaya; you are totally screwed.

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that the only competition to Bangkok's tourism business/night life isn't allowed to open the very things that it is famous for? Isn't it an amazing coincidence that the only places allowed to sell alcohol in Thai restaurants, outside of Bangkok, are far, far outside of Bangkok?

The "Kingdom of Bangkok and Surroundings" is truly official policy now.

Pack up your bags, Patts; you ain't wanted here no more/

• Like 4

Well I guess that means the few people who had or had proposed to jump thro' all the hoops  to get here in December for Xmas and New Year will be deeply disappointed that nothing will be  open as stated previously  from Dec 1st. Shambolic and another devastating blow to the Thai economy and the poor Thais desperately hoping that things in Pattaya were looking optimistic. 

Just now, Shade_Wilder said:

And there it is Pattaya; you are totally screwed.

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that the only competition to Bangkok's tourism business/night life isn't allowed to open the very things that it is famous for? Isn't it an amazing coincidence that the only places allowed to sell alcohol in Thai restaurants, outside of Bangkok, are far, far outside of Bangkok?

The "Kingdom of Bangkok and Surroundings" is truly official policy now.

Pack up your bags, Patts; you ain't wanted here no more/

Well at least the Germans will won't need to come after all, they can have more amusement in Bavaria.

Provinces that are barely double digit new cases are still classified as red and not allowed to serve alcohol in restaurants but as long as the hiso's and politicians in Bangkok can have their drinks it's ok. When are the bar and club owners going to grow a set of balls and rebell 

• Like 10

And by the new ruling this cannot be criticized as is an action by the regime who is headed by? So suck it up and in and keep your mouths closed Thai people. You are not allowed to show dissatisfaction. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Provinces that are barely double digit new cases are still classified as red and not allowed to serve alcohol in restaurants but as long as the hiso's and politicians in Bangkok can have their drinks it's ok. When are the bar and club owners going to grow a set of balls and rebell 

Selective trough drinking. 

• Haha 2

Well there you have it, just killed your tourism push stone dead unless your a monk. Who in Thier right mind would contemplate no drink on holiday only Thai government dreamers.......yeah dream on

• Like 4

Someone please explain to me how a snooker hall that is OPEN AIR with 3 tables near my condo can have many people playing is any different from the many of the Open air bars that remain closed !!? 

• Like 2

Imagine the people who bought a guest house or bar in Pattaya just before the scamdemic.  It's probably a bad idea to buy a bar in the city of bars, but gotta feel bad for such people.

• Like 8

Well Bryon Flowers who claimed at the beginning of the week he is going on hunger strike will now have a further opportunity to loose weight, well assuming he actually started in the first place, if it is into Jan 2022 before the bars can open.

49 minutes ago, Geo said:

Well there you have it, just killed your tourism push stone dead unless your a monk. Who in Thier right mind would contemplate no drink on holiday only Thai government dreamers.......yeah dream on

Not really! Plenty of unsuspecting  young adults will come   Imop

Some will be in for a rude awakening when they arrive to find many venues closed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Not really! Plenty of unsuspecting  young adults will come   Imop

Some will be in for a rude awakening when they arrive to find many venues closed 

The last round of no booze and bars closed I met 2 English couples here in Phuket who felt they had been conned into coming as it was advertised apart from sandbox the bars could open could have a few beers legally, in between time every thing got closed down again almost overnight, 

They changed their flights and go back to the UK early and went to Malta, apart from being stupid it is also boring they said,

• Like 13

A lot of us loathe alcohol and the massive negative impact it has on society. Who wants to holiday in a place where the overwhelming majority of tourists are fat, shirtless, smelly drunks. 

I live in Pattaya and welcome the move to banish the barflys.

Better to shed its reputation as a place for drunks and hookers and instead target foreigners that have money to spend on less deviant pastimes like sightseeing, shopping and fine dining.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

A lot of us loathe alcohol and the massive negative impact it has on society. Who wants to holiday in a place where the overwhelming majority of tourists are fat, shirtless, smelly drunks. 

Better to shed its reputation as a place for drunks and hookers and instead target foreigners that have money to spend on less deviant pastimes like sightseeing, shopping and fine dining.  

Here we go again...

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Wouaw, if they push it for 2 months more without even mentioning they might revise it next month, it means there is a serious problem behind this decision.

5th wave on the way ?

• Like 4

What more can be said about this bunch of so called politicians?

Feel for the people employed in these places and the owners.

If they think the Chinese and Indians will fill the void they will be sadly disappointed.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

Sightseeing, shopping and fine dining...? In Pattaya? Why? What IS fine dining? What is the purpose of it? What am I supposed to buy in Pattaya that warrants me to travel there? What are these sights that I'm supposed to see? 

I can think of few things more deviant than spending your time and money shopping for things you don't need and overpaying for food in establishments that think I should be grateful to overpay for their food, since it's apparently supposed to be "fine dining". 

What makes any place interesting is the mix of people and experiences you can find there. Pattaya has always had a lot of both good and bad of both - but most of them are at least interesting to some degree. Maybe it's the deviant nature of them. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Rip255 said:

And just to answer your question about who wants to holiday in a place where the overwhelming majority of tourists are fat, shirtless, smelly drunks.

Me. I want to. I am not fat, am rarely shirtless, smell OK and drink very little. I will be extremely attractive compared to the other men there. And if you mean that the female tourists are fat, shirtless and smelly drunks... I'm OK with that too, even if it's not my favourite. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Cool 1