News Forum - Thailand Pass problems? Support beefed up with 24-hour hotlines

Thaiger

The TP system does have its quirks. I made applications for my wife and I and mine was approved in 5 working days while hers was rejected because the insurance document did not specify USD 50,000 Covid cover. Yet in each case I uploaded a jpg of our joint insurance certificate and mine was OK. I emailed support@tp.consular.go.th with the documents and that might have done the trick because hers was approved in 2 days, but I can't be sure because I made a new application to be on the safe side, uploading a jpg that showed the certificate plus the relevant text from the insurance policy.

So far so good. Not the greatest system but the main thing is to start well in advance. Simpler than the COE, but with the real disadvantage that you can't edit what you've already started if they tell you to upload something else.

Can't wait to get back. It was pretty quiet in July-August but I expect it to be busier in December-Jan, although not back to normal high season levels. Give the Thais some credit though - they are much further ahead than other SE Asian countries and they learned a lot from the Phuket Sandbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cornelius said:

The TP system does have its quirks.

I vote that the understatement of the day, though is only 10:15 where I am😉

2 hours ago, Cornelius said:

Give the Thais some credit though - they are much further ahead than other SE Asian countries and they learned a lot from the Phuket Sandbox.

Well yes and no. Yes in that they are at least trying to open. No in that to me they have learned little from the sandbox. The TP is worse in my view than the COE. At least you got a stage 1 approval before you started booking things. You could also modify and update the application. They also needed to test the system properly before launching it. They clearly didn’t. So no, I don’t think that having had 4 months of operating the sandbox they learned a lot. Simply because they never asked foreigners what the problems were with it or the COE process. So they went off fixing other things. However, to end on a positive, they are trying to open. Whether they should be opening is of course another question ….

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mrengthai said:

The QR code on my Thailand Pass when scanned shows the following information, looks like it is valid for 90 days.

Thai_Pass_Example.jpg

What software did you use to read the QR?

2 minutes ago, Alavan said:

What software did you use to read the QR?

Just used the camera app on my android phone and clicked on the Google Lens option which can read all sorts of data, including QR codes. When you focus on the QR code a blue dot appears with a hyperlink.

I'm sure you could quite easily download a QR scanning app from Apple Store or Google Play Store if you don' have this option.

i applied for thai pass last Saturday. I did not receive a number or anything other than form submitted. After reading advice on here on Tuesday, I submitted a new application using a different email address. (not hotmail). This time I got a number to use to verify. When I looked today to see the status (Friday) it says the information is not registered. Is this normal? Does it mean they just haven't gotten to the application. Any info would be most welcome.

5 hours ago, mrengthai said:

Just used the camera app on my android phone and clicked on the Google Lens option which can read all sorts of data, including QR codes. When you focus on the QR code a blue dot appears with a hyperlink.

I'm sure you could quite easily download a QR scanning app from Apple Store or Google Play Store if you don' have this option.

I just doesn't get all that info on my iPhone

• 3 weeks later...

The Thai pass online form is asking me for departure country, I'm flying from UK and changing at Singapore, does anyone know if I should put UK or Singapore as my Departure country?

Applied 9 days ago. I am an expat and am already living here. I want the Thailand Pass to be ready so that I can enjoy my time at home.  Still waiting but worried that my Insurance validity of THB 450,000,000 won't be accepted because it does not say THB 1.8 Million as required and someone might have to do some thinking on that one.

Ill stay put here in Thailand till they fix everything good and proper!

My 4-year-old daughter and my 31-year-old wife both have confirmed tickets to enter Thailand.

My daughter's passport was cancelled because I applied for a passport renewal, but I still do not have a new passport. She has a valid visa in her old passport. However, the new passport is expected to arrive before the travel date. To avoid any delay in applying for a Thai pass with the new passport. Can I apply for a thai pass with the old passport and the details of the old passport in the insurance documents and hotel booking documents?

We will take both passports with us when we travel to Thailand.

Please advise.

On 11/11/2021 at 3:28 AM, Naja said:

And to boot, you have to PAY to call Thailand.  Why don't they use an 800 type number that you can call for free since you are already spending a load of money to come to Thailand?  Oh, yes, I forgot.  Let's just keep milking the cow for every dime you can.  They can well afford to offer toll free numbers to help people with their botched Thailandpass software!!

Yep.

Business is business, regardless. 

On 11/12/2021 at 3:03 PM, Cornelius said:

Can't wait to get back. It was pretty quiet in July-August but I expect it to be busier in December-Jan, although not back to normal high season levels. Give the Thais some credit though - they are much further ahead than other SE Asian countries and they learned a lot from the Phuket Sandbox.

I just arrived in Bangkok late last night.  Everything went remarkably well.  They have a small army of people waiting at the airport to ensure that all of your documents are in order.  There were only a few dozen people on my flight. This doesn't bode well for tourism,  but it allowed for a a very speedy entry.  I was whisked away in a private limo and had a drive through PCR test on the way to to my hotel.   I was checked into my hotel less than one hour after my plane landed.

I hope the current and any future Covid variants don't mess things up for Thailand.  

10 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

I just arrived in Bangkok late last night.  Everything went remarkably well.  They have a small army of people waiting at the airport to ensure that all of your documents are in order.  There were only a few dozen people on my flight. This doesn't bode well for tourism,  but it allowed for a a very speedy entry.  I was whisked away in a private limo and had a drive through PCR test on the way to to my hotel.   I was checked into my hotel less than one hour after my plane landed.

I hope the current and any future Covid variants don't mess things up for Thailand.  

Welcome back, missed you comments on the forum of late. Your experience entering Thailand echos that of some colleagues of mine.

16 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

My experinces was very similiar  I also arrived back last night from Seoul  easyt the quickest i have have been though  no line at immigartion at all,  For  the 1st ever I think I had to wait for my bag

58 minutes ago, gummy said:

Welcome back, missed you comments on the forum of late. Your experience entering Thailand echos that of some colleagues of mine.

Thanks.  The entire process of entering Thailand really was very easy for me.   Just got negative PCR test results!  My bubble would have been burst if it was positive.  

7 hours ago, Amol said:
My 4-year-old daughter and my 31-year-old wife both have confirmed tickets to enter Thailand.

My daughter's passport was cancelled because I applied for a passport renewal, but I still do not have a new passport. She has a valid visa in her old passport. However, the new passport is expected to arrive before the travel date. To avoid any delay in applying for a Thai pass with the new passport. Can I apply for a thai pass with the old passport and the details of the old passport in the insurance documents and hotel booking documents?

We will take both passports with us when we travel to Thailand.

Please advise.

"My daughter's passport was cancelled" - This makes it a invalid travel document. So you would apply on her new passport - I would do the booking on the new one and show the old one. My wife once returning to Thailand will also take her old one with her since this contains her visa.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, Soidog said:

That’s an interesting question. I guess I fall in to the category where I would like to return to Thailand though it’s not essential. I’ve been spending winter in Thailand for many years. I have many friends there and many happy memories of spending Christmas and New Year there. I also have some small business reasons to return though none are pressing.

When the situation was ASQ only, I wasn’t prepared to spend 14 days locked in my hotel room. There was also an issue if I needed to return home quickly as Thailand was on a “Red List” meaning more quarantine if I had to return . As we headed towards July and the sandbox was opened, I was unable to travel due to work commitments. They are due to end shortly and so I started to look at options   

On the face of things, this “no quarantine” option looks very appealing. It’s only as you get in to the process and start to understand the potential issues, risks and costs you could face, you start to ask questions if this is the right thing to be doing?

Everyone will have their own thresholds of hassle and risk. I’m just intrigued to understand why anyone would risk this for a “holiday”. I understand there will be plenty of people with holiday homes they haven’t seen for 20 months, girlfriends they miss and even one night girlfriends they miss! But I certainly would not be going just for sun, sea and sand. There’s plenty of other options. I’m certainly reconsidering things and hope the situation eases further in the next 4 weeks. If they get harder then I will postpone my trip to at least March or April. I’m not being critical of anyone who for what ever reason decides to go, I’m simply trying to ascertain if people really understand the potential risks they are taking. The situation in many European countries is also deteriorating as winter sets in and hence Thailand and other places could be put back on a red list with little notice.

Good luck to everyone. I’m sure it won’t be much longer 3-6 months before Thailand is truly “open” and we can all ditch ASQ, Sandboxes, Thailand Passes and PCR tests etc etc. 🤔

After spending the past 18 months in some of the strictest lockdown conditions in the world (Melbourne, Australia) and having met someone just after COVID struck, we're actually meeting in Thailand to get married (she's from the Philippines), so that's our reason for risking it!

Yes, it may be considered "non-essential" travel, though with that said, how long do you put your life on hold before you may as well have no life anyway... I already lost my first partner to cancer almost three years ago, so I'm likely far more aware than most of how precious time is.

To be honest I don't see any ditching of quarantine of some kind for a long time. e.g. the last time there was a plague outbreak that came from Europe via Hong Kong to Australia (back in the late 1800's), it took 13 years to finally stamp out completely, with resident rat catchers employed in every town in Australia.

Considering that the R-level of COVID is high enough to mean it will continue to spread rather than die out of it's own accord, particularly when you factor in additional variants and metastases, the incubation time of COVID and the fact that it's already spread around the world, means that nothing major is going to change in the forseeable future.

Vaccination is good, though with each variant comes the likely requirement of a new jab each time... a new jab every few months until contraindications from numerous different vaccines eventually get you anyway (sorry, all of those vaccines cannot coexist peacefully within the human body, to the point where they'll likely start doing the job of the virus on ourselves anyway, kind of like antivirus on a computer slowing it down to the point of making the computer useless).

I think Thailand have a sensible quarantine of one night, providing people test negative before departure. One thing the governments really need to invest in from a future technology perspective is the development of something like a "breathalyzer" that can instantly check rather than waiting overnight or for lab results. I think that's the only way things will ever return to normal.

Anyway, wish us luck getting married! After a while you'll get to the point of "enjoying it while it lasts" and better to spend it with friends and loved ones, risk inclusive, than locked up in isolation, when the reality is that it only takes one person sneezing to get it...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CBannard said:

Anyway, wish us luck getting married! After a while you'll get to the point of "enjoying it while it lasts" and better to spend it with friends and loved ones, risk inclusive, than locked up in isolation, when the reality is that it only takes one person sneezing to get it...

Good luck to you and your partner with the marriage and future life together 👍🏻🎉

I applied for MyThaipass last week and after the 1st rejection because I didn't first book my PCR test then apply, I reapplied and it was approved. However my airline (MAS) cancelled my flight without giving us any reason and I have to rebook for the next day flight. The problem is that the MyThaipass approval is valid only for the specific day you originally applied, so I had to pay again for another PCR test and reapply for the pass. This time they rejected it after 4 days saying that my insurance was insufficient (should be USD50k) but my insurance in Malaysian ringgit when converted is around 70K USD so I am confused. They said I had to reapply with additional documents  which I did attaching their  original MyThaipass approval. My concern now is that I fly in 2 days and I dont know if I will get my approval on time?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, diegog56 said:

i applied for thai pass last Saturday. I did not receive a number or anything other than form submitted. After reading advice on here on Tuesday, I submitted a new application using a different email address. (not hotmail). This time I got a number to use to verify. When I looked today to see the status (Friday) it says the information is not registered. Is this normal? Does it mean they just haven't gotten to the application. Any info would be most welcome.

The same happened to us. What did you do? Did you reapply? We are grateful for any help as our flight leaves in 2 days.

For the life of me, don't understand why so many deliberately book a flight only 10 days-3 weeks before they initiate the online entry process - knowing [or maybe not] full well the snags that the current systems are experiencing......compounded by the current suspensions, change overs and technical glitches. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, diegog56 said:

Iban you solved the Probleme? I have the same shit here):

12 hours ago, Ardnassels said:

Iban you solved the Probleme? I have the same shit here):

I have the same shit too. No confirmation email upon submission. But was able to login status check briefly the same day of submission and failed on next day. Always gives me the "the information is not registered" shit... and their so called 24/7 phone support, took them forever to answer... 

I have been applying for the thai pass for about 3 weeks now. I started doing my own application then took on my friends. I thought we finally had everything required (there were issues with the hotel that caused a couple of rejections) ... and when I went to the site this morning to check status, the message for both is  'The information is not registered'.

Has anyone else encountered this? I don't understand how both could have disappeared.  I can only assume a glitch on the website, that will hopefully resolve. But how long do I wait to find that out? We're due to fly from the UK to Phuket on 17 March ... I feel slightly sick that we have done everything we possibly can, and still may not get in because of a system error!!

Thanks,

Lorraine

Same situation with my registration for Phuket Sandbox made January 30

yesterday checking the status it has been saying 'Reviewing'

today it says 'The information is not registered'

very worrying as my flight goes next week