News Forum - Thailand Pass problems? Support beefed up with 24-hour hotlines

Thaiger

The Thai government has been touting the success of the Thailand Pass programme while quietly acknowledging a cornucopia of shortcomings and problems users have encountered and publicly complained about. But, due to the high volume of complaints about problems in attempting to register on the Thailand Pass website, the Department of Consular Affairs has beefed up their helplines with a number of 24-hour phone numbers travellers can call if they have difficulty submitting their applications online. The Phuket Info Centre official Facebook page that is run by the Ministry of Interior’s Phuket office announced the new call centre upgrade yesterday. […]

The story Thailand Pass problems? Support beefed up with 24-hour hotlines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I'm sure those four helpline numbers will be most welcome. 

I wounder how long before they become fully clogged with callers, and crash or go dead?

Four hot lines for the whole world, should have got TAT to announce the numbers for all the good they'll be!

• Haha 3

And to boot, you have to PAY to call Thailand.  Why don't they use an 800 type number that you can call for free since you are already spending a load of money to come to Thailand?  Oh, yes, I forgot.  Let's just keep milking the cow for every dime you can.  They can well afford to offer toll free numbers to help people with their botched Thailandpass software!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm wondering that by Xmas, and this TP system is STILL not working properly, if a new 'entry protocol' will be introduced to assure the masses of intended tourists that the 'new' system will now be swift & easy..?

It reminds me of when a company goes into liquidation, then instantly resumes trading just the same as before, just under another name.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Naja said:

And to boot, you have to PAY to call Thailand.  Why don't they use an 800 type number that you can call for free since you are already spending a load of money to come to Thailand?  Oh, yes, I forgot.  Let's just keep milking the cow for every dime you can.  They can well afford to offer toll free numbers to help people with their botched Thailandpass software!!

Use Skype or similar. Won't cost so much.
Don't need them as I got my TP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if I have asked this and missed the reply. How far in advance of your travel can you apply for a TP and it still be valid. With a visa, it’s normally valid for 3 months, is there a time limit on the TP? 

Thhank you 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Sorry if I have asked this and missed the reply. How far in advance of your travel can you apply for a TP and it still be valid. With a visa, it’s normally valid for 3 months, is there a time limit on the TP? 

Thhank you 

The QR code on my Thailand Pass when scanned shows the following information, looks like it is valid for 90 days.

Thai_Pass_Example.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

The QR code on my Thailand Pass when scanned shows the following information, looks like it is valid for 90 days.

Thai_Pass_Example.jpg

That’s great. Thank you 👍🏻

• Cool 1

Hmm what do they mean by microsoft based emails dont work? i filled in my email@hotmail.se and i got a email that my appplication was submitten and it would take up to 7 working days.

So what exactly isnt working with them?

Edited by Alexander

7 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Hmm what do they mean by microsoft based emails dont work? i filled in my email@hotmail.se and i got a email that my appplication was submitten and it would take up to 7 working days.

So what exactly isnt working with them?

They had a problem...they said they were going to fix it....and it appears you didn't have a problem.....so....what's the problem?

Unfortunately help came too late for me. 3 attempts at the Thailand Pass and three rejections for me and the wife despite sending all the right documents in the right format and the right size). I am very IT literate but there were too many hidden obstacles to overcome (email addresses, passport number length, multiple docs to send as a single jpeg etc). Thanks to all the Thaiger member postings with the workarounds over the last 10 days or so. We almost made it for our flight on the 10th. We had to cancel our ongoing CoE application and switch to the Thailand pass system
Trying to rearrange flights /hotel and, of course, there is further personal financial hit with this. Trying for Feb 2022, but if I get any more roadblocks we will go elsewhere. Thailand could learn from Mauritius which has a much simpler system and requires virtually the same documents as Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

They had a problem...they said they were going to fix it....and it appears you didn't have a problem.....so....what's the problem?

Well i am not sure what the problem was in the first place so i was just wondering if i shoudl re-apply instead with a Gmail.

23 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Well i am not sure what the problem was in the first place so i was just wondering if i shoudl re-apply instead with a Gmail.

Yes, keep reapplying with different email accounts. Then call the hotline each time to confirm it went through.

• Haha 3

I’m assuming most of the people posting questions, comments and accounts of their experience with the TP, are 90% people who have a real reason to go to Thailand other than a vacation? I’d be interested to hear why a genuine 2-3 week tourist would put themselves through all this and risk their vacation being ruined if tested positive ?   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m assuming most of the people posting questions, comments and accounts of their experience with the TP, are 90% people who have a real reason to go to Thailand other than a vacation? I’d be interested to hear why a genuine 2-3 week tourist would put themselves through all this and risk their vacation being ruined if tested positive ?   

Good question. Personally, I will not be going until the test on arrival is removed. I have no qualms about PCR test prior to flight and travel insurance. I would also like to know why all these people that are "desperate" to return did not do ASQ or sandbox. I suppose my definition of "desperate" would squash inconveniences.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Good question. Personally, I will not be going until the test on arrival is removed. I have no qualms about PCR test prior to flight and travel insurance. I would also like to know why all these people that are "desperate" to return did not do ASQ or sandbox. I suppose my definition of "desperate" would squash inconveniences.

That’s an interesting question. I guess I fall in to the category where I would like to return to Thailand though it’s not essential. I’ve been spending winter in Thailand for many years. I have many friends there and many happy memories of spending Christmas and New Year there. I also have some small business reasons to return though none are pressing.

When the situation was ASQ only, I wasn’t prepared to spend 14 days locked in my hotel room. There was also an issue if I needed to return home quickly as Thailand was on a “Red List” meaning more quarantine if I had to return . As we headed towards July and the sandbox was opened, I was unable to travel due to work commitments. They are due to end shortly and so I started to look at options   

On the face of things, this “no quarantine” option looks very appealing. It’s only as you get in to the process and start to understand the potential issues, risks and costs you could face, you start to ask questions if this is the right thing to be doing?

Everyone will have their own thresholds of hassle and risk. I’m just intrigued to understand why anyone would risk this for a “holiday”. I understand there will be plenty of people with holiday homes they haven’t seen for 20 months, girlfriends they miss and even one night girlfriends they miss! But I certainly would not be going just for sun, sea and sand. There’s plenty of other options. I’m certainly reconsidering things and hope the situation eases further in the next 4 weeks. If they get harder then I will postpone my trip to at least March or April. I’m not being critical of anyone who for what ever reason decides to go, I’m simply trying to ascertain if people really understand the potential risks they are taking. The situation in many European countries is also deteriorating as winter sets in and hence Thailand and other places could be put back on a red list with little notice.

Good luck to everyone. I’m sure it won’t be much longer 3-6 months before Thailand is truly “open” and we can all ditch ASQ, Sandboxes, Thailand Passes and PCR tests etc etc. 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

No real reason. My plan was to go to Bkk from 12/7-12/18, got AQ hotel and AXA insurance all paid. No relatives. I regularly take vacay to go to Bangkok for all the Michelin one/two star restaurants, two per day, dine and come home to the US. Breakfast would be street vendors or hotel buffet. Rest of the time would be luxury goods shopping mostly jewelry and watches. I don’t really care about anything else. I did this prior to COVID in Thailand, Japan, and other countries as well. I applied for Thailand Pass 6 times but have not heard a word. So I just cancelled everything last night. Tired of dealing with the pathetic joke. Will go to Costa Rica for Dec instead. If Prayut wants revenue, better roll the red carpet for me. Will try again in Feb though.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

No real reason. My plan was to go to Bkk from 12/7-12/18, got AQ hotel and AXA insurance all paid. No relatives. I regularly take vacay to go to Bangkok for all the Michelin one/two star restaurants, two per day, dine and come home to the US. Breakfast would be street vendors or hotel buffet. Rest of the time would be luxury goods shopping mostly jewelry and watches. I don’t really care about anything else. I did this prior to COVID in Thailand, Japan, and other countries as well. I applied for Thailand Pass 6 times but have not heard a word. So I just cancelled everything last night. Tired of dealing with the pathetic joke. Will go to Costa Rica for Dec instead. If Prayut wants revenue, better roll the red carpet for me. Will try again in Feb though.

Never been to Costa Rica so just asking how many Michelin one/two star restaurants there are there and luxury goods outlets just in case my friends ask me ?

8 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Sorry to hear you have had to cancel and enjoy Costs Rica 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Just now, gummy said:

Never been to Costa Rica so just asking how many Michelin one/two star restaurants there are there and luxury goods outlets just in case my friends ask me ?

Best not try to bother with fine dining in Costa Rica lol. As far as luxury goods goes I am in the US, somewhat getting by OK in nyc 😆

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

I know also only returnees and didn't meet any tourists yet. And when I talked with a returnee all of them said they would that hoops or risks for just a holiday. So I am also interested who take that risk for a holiday because there are so many nice destinations without that trouble and terrible situation than Thailand. Also I am wondering who goes into a country for holidays with all this restriction like closed bars,clubs and a curfew and is in risk to come into the jail if he drink a beer in a restaurant. 

• Like 1

TP: Sawatdee Ka, thank you for calling Thailand Pass. How may I help you?

Farang: Oy! I've been trying to put my bleedin' information on the computer and it's all wobbly and now my knickers are all in a twist.

TP: Ok...no problem....did you go to the website to upload the information?

• Haha 1