News Forum - Court: activists’ speeches illegally advocated government overthrow

Thaiger

Today the Constitutional Court ruled that activists and the speeches of 3 activist leaders are advocating for the overthrow of the government and the monarchy. They ordered Arnon Nampa, Panupong “Mike” Jadnok, and Panusaya “Rung” Sithijirawattanakul and all their followers to cease all action against the kingdom and state. According to the court, the demands in speeches by the 3 leaders at an event on August 10 of 2020, and in subsequent speeches, were calling to oust the King as head of state and the democratic government. The speeches advocated for the abolishment of the lèse majesté law, Section 112 […]

The story Court: activists’ speeches illegally advocated government overthrow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's Ok to use military weapons to overthrow an ELECTED government, arrest the ELECTED government officials and threaten them through attitude re-education detentions but it's not OK to use speech to let citizens decide if they want to demand a government change. Ok, got it.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, ThaiEyes said:

But of course there was nothing “illegal” about the 2014 Thai military coup d'état…

Whats even more disturbing, is that Govt’s around the world for the most part tolerates it,”it seems “ !

To the best of my knowledge there hasn’t been any  serious investigations or thorough inquiries  condemning  the control of the present body other then domestically !

There use to be a time when the west wouldn’t recognize or publicly acknowledge military takeover 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Whats even more disturbing, is that Govt’s around the world for the most part tolerates it,”it seems “ !

To the best of my knowledge there hasn’t been any  serious investigations or thorough inquiries  condemning  the control of the present body other then domestically !

There use to be a time when the west wouldn’t recognize or publicly acknowledge military takeover 

Spot on comments. I’m sickened to see my government and Prince Charles rubbing shoulders with the PM. The Western populations are up in arms over so many minor things and seems we won’t tolerate the slightest abuse of freedom of speech and freedoms of people. Soon as it happens to another groups of people they couldn’t give a a SH1T.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blogosopher said:

It's Ok to use military weapons to overthrow an ELECTED government, arrest the ELECTED government officials and threaten them through attitude re-education detentions but it's not OK to use speech to let citizens decide if they want to demand a government change. Ok, got it.

That's a twisted form of demcracy.

• Like 2

Joelg69, first of all I like to say, I am certainly not a fan of Chayut (nor of his criminal friends in this so called government). I think Prayut is proof, there is a life form without a brain. But I advise you to get better informed, before you comment on something.

The uniform Prayut was wearing during his meet with the American representative, was not a military uniform. It was a uniform Thai  civilian officials can and are allowed to wear. It is not the same, as an official military uniform. It is a different kind of uniform.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

But of course there was nothing “illegal” about the 2014 Thai military coup d'état…

Or the PM as boss of the army at that time allowing his teams to murder nurses in Wats. However like everything controlled by this corrupt regime even the Constitutional Court members need to get their kick-backs some how I guess, so stating parrot fashion what they are told to state by the big controller I guess ensures that aim is achieved to the detriment of 99% of the country..

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Spot on comments. I’m sickened to see my government and Prince Charles rubbing shoulders with the PM. The Western populations are up in arms over so many minor things and seems we won’t tolerate the slightest abuse of freedom of speech and freedoms of people. Soon as it happens to another groups of people they couldn’t give a a SH1T.

I think the principles of European Nations having any form of moral conscience was adequately displayed to the entire world during the Yugoslavian wars by allowing the massacres to continue. Hence since then any murdering despots, Prayut included, will be accorded the same level of diplomatic niceties as befits the occasion.

8 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

that's the good type of overthrowing, apparently

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I think the principles of European Nations having any form of moral conscience was adequately displayed to the entire world during the Yugoslavian wars by allowing the massacres to continue. Hence since then any murdering despots, Prayut included, will be accorded the same level of diplomatic niceties as befits the occasion.

I agree that the International Community (UN and all the rest of them) are a complete joke for how they allow Military Juntas to just take over (Thailand and Myanmar are just 2 of the many).  Meanwhile they will hold many investigations and take to Court the President of a country that got elected on a platform of killing drug dealers, and also investigate and threaten Australia because the Govt is detaining illegal migrants off-shore after being re-elected on exactly that platform, and organise a Global 'climate commitment' that allows the world's biggest polluter (China) to increase their pollution levels until 2030, while imposing impositions on the first world that will cost our economies and people's jobs.  There are many reasons why most people distrust and despise the 'International Community' - those hypocritical actions above are just 3 of them.  When they also do Sweet Fanny Adams about military takeovers, then we distrust and despise them even more.  If I were 'King of the World' Thailand and Myanmar (and all the others) would be banned - trade, travel, ships, planes, financials, everything.  There should be a minimum level of 'human rights' in all countries that are 'permitted' on the world stage, and if that ends up with the World being divided, then so be it.  Appeasement of despots/dictators does not and never will work. Let the country economically crash and perish - the People there will suffer - but I say screw them - rise up and march like we did many generations ago - the UN supporting the People in those countries is supporting the despots/dictators - both the problem and the solution is the People.  

This is basically a legal judgement of a cease and desist court gag order with an or else threat to anyone in connection of the 3 finger movement. Guilty by a smidgen of association or action. 

Always remember the Golden Rule:
Whoever has all the most gold and the most guns makes the rules.
And that would the M------y and the A--y.

Edited by Bangkok_Gary