News Forum - Thailand focuses tourism on first-time visitors and India

Thaiger

57 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I get it, high quality, high quality, high quality. They are only needed for their money.

But why first time visitors? 😏 Is it because they have no clue of the currency and are easy to scam? 😏

That is exactly why they want them,same reason a bargirl wants a newbie fresh off the plane.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cathat said:

That is exactly why they want them,same reason a bargirl wants a newbie fresh off the plane.

Oh dear, there always has to somebody who feels the need to bring bar girls into a thread for no sensible reason. 

34 minutes ago, Manu said:

More like ... "Songkran Masks Thailand open to all masks"

more like.... "Let's make same mistakes next year" - As for those living in Thailand like myself we do know that Songkran was the culprit for the Delta wave throughout the country that's still on-going. Easy guinea pig to blame.

"Oh it's that time a year again, yeah people were stupid not wearing masks and drinking water"  - Sounds like a good slogan for next years Songkran.

10 hours ago, vlad said:

No HolyCow TAT are attempting to refloat a rubber dingy that has just to many holes to repair. As they repair one another appears. Most would bin it and buy a new one but these clowns will battle on regardless.

It's not TAT pulling the strings. These top bozos want to be seen and remembered as white as the driven snow clowns saying we cleaned up the image of Thailand. I see it is sort of like devil(s) trying to get Saint hood changing their stripes on the outside but still the same on the inside.

TAT is forever clutching at straws! 

Yes some Indians will come but they are generally not your big spenders, mostly quite the opposite. And whilst most asian visitors are not you will get better value from Singaporeans, Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong & Malaysians. Whether Thailand likes it or not they need Farangs who are generally the biggest spenders so why don't they stop dreaming and just get on with promoting Thailand to the world irrespective of where they are from. 

3 hours ago, Thommo said:

To visit here as a tourist now and enjoy the real thailand maybe be dissapointing.

Agreed!

If I was a first time tourist in Thailand right now, I would be very disappointed with all the business closures and most likely never return.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

elect clowns--expect a circus...i have tixs for the circus next week--im going in to see the freak show

Off to see the Thai parliament in action then.

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Thommo said:

To visit here as a tourist now and enjoy the real thailand maybe be dissapointing

The "real Thailand" is the Ekamai beer bar ?

Hmmm ..... 😂

1 minute ago, vlad said:

Don't be shy Stonker give us some reasons ?

Ummm ...

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Maybe there's a reason for that ... just a thought 😂!

😂 😂 😂

8 hours ago, Paulw said:

TAT is forever clutching at straws! 

Yes some Indians will come but they are generally not your big spenders, mostly quite the opposite. And whilst most asian visitors are not you will get better value from Singaporeans, Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kong & Malaysians. Whether Thailand likes it or not they need Farangs who are generally the biggest spenders so why don't they stop dreaming and just get on with promoting Thailand to the world irrespective of where they are from. 

Farangs are not the biggest spenders. Thats just a fact. Inescapable.

41 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I believe you are wrong here, but I would like to know what your definition of a Farang is? 

Second question, do you actually live here, or are you just a keyboard warrior?

Edited by Wasminbe
spell check

There was a family that had a sudden downturn in luck in business.  The family had a husband, his wife, and their 10 children, plus the man's uncle.  The man lost his job and could not get another for his type of expertise. Sometimes there was not enough money for their house payments and sometimes they had less than usual to eat.  The uncle had a hidden stash of food that he would secretly eat from at times when the rest of the house had little to eat, but he did not share it with the others.  After some time passed, the supply of money for the family was low and their debts were piling up, so the husband/father was more desperate, so he went to the side of a street and began to beg for money.  The uncle went with him.  Someone tried to give him 30 baht, but the uncle stepped in and said, "no, we want 300 baht, not 30!", he demanded.  So the donor gave nothing instead, pondering their attitude.  Another person walked by and tried to give them 50 baht, but again, the uncle stepped in and said "No, we won't take 50 baht, give us 200 baht", he again demanded.  Again, this donor also left without giving anything at all, and pondering why they were being so particular.  A third person came by and offered them 70 baht, but a third time the uncle said no, we want 150 baht, we won't accept 70!". The third donor left without giving anything.  By thus time, the husband/father was frustrated and perplexed with the uncle and said, " why are we being so particular, when we could have had 30+50+70 baht= 150 baht that we could have bought food with.  But the uncle is not as desperate as the rest of the household, he has plenty to eat and is able to be more particular than the rest of the household.

This is how Thailand is concerning tourism, saying "We want premium tourists, not just regular ones".  

17 minutes ago, Wasminbe said:

I believe you are wrong here, but I would like to know what your definition of a Farang is? 

Second question, do you actually live here, or are you just a keyboard warrior?

I'd love to answer your questions but I dont engage with people who's opening gambit is an insult.

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

I'd love to answer your questions but I dont engage with people who's opening gambit is an insult.

Good. If you think that someone simply saying they believe you are wrong is an insult, you are clearly not mentally strong enough to answer. Have a lie down….

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

I am generalising and I again state Farangs are Thailand biggest tourist spender, I have first hand evidence of this. I have first hand evidence that Chinese nationals & Indians are generally not big spenders while vacationing in Thailand.