News Forum - National Park featuring Thailand’s highest peak reopens

Thaiger

Chiang Mai’s famous Doi Inthanon National Park is scheduled to reopen today after being closed for months due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Doi Inthanon is Thailand’s highest peak. Visitors arrived at the park gates as early as 5am, where they had to undergo a Covid screening before being allowed in.  The national park is the home of the Doi Inthanon mountain, also known as the “Roof of Thailand,” which at 2,565 metres is the tallest in the country. It’s located in the Chom Thong district, not too far from Chiang Mai’s city centre. The park is a popular tourist destination, […]

The story National Park featuring Thailand’s highest peak reopens as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Doi Inthanon is Thailand’s highest peak.

bet they don't get any visitor's called Abu .. is this mountain twinned with another anywhere .?

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Open again and still dual pricing even with virtually no foreign tourists...Screenshot_20211110-173012_Google.thumb.jpg.8cd5b72e2188bb20c036854a0aeda6c1.jpg

Surprised they haven't doubled it 🤭

(but no extra charge for foreign cars like BMW and Mercs?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Open again and still dual pricing even with virtually no foreign tourists.

You are correct but I would add that it is an absolute bargain currently because normally when there are next to no customers Thai economic logic would be to double the price. 😉

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Open again and still dual pricing even with virtually no foreign tourists...Screenshot_20211110-173012_Google.thumb.jpg.8cd5b72e2188bb20c036854a0aeda6c1.jpg

Normal for Thailand. Now if it was one price for all...now that should be front page news.

• Like 2

Just now, gummy said:

You are correct but I would add that it is an absolute bargain currently because normally when there are next to no customers Thai economic logic would be to double the price. 😉

50 Baht for Thais 

300 for foreigners 

Little over double already pal...🤪

4 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

50 Baht for Thais 

300 for foreigners 

Little over double already pal...🤪

I think you missed my sarcasm. That's the normal price !

6 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Normal for Thailand. Now if it was one price for all...now that should be front page news.

Would be if they announced mannequins could get in free maybe 😂

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I think you missed my sarcasm. That's the normal price !

Never miss your sarcasm gummy its always clear. It just rattles me how the idiots come up with these prices. Double the price would be more than a sufficient rip off but six times. 

I know there is worse I've seen 20 baht for Thais 500 for foreigners, never did see inside though...😉

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

last time i was told it's there, but i cannot see it because of pollution

Go now, it's clear and peaceful without droves of tourists.

If you have a squint at google maps you will find there are a few minor roads that approach doi inthanon from the manyanmar border side.

I have ridden a motorcycle from this approach and it is a very spectacular ride along the border then up the mountain.

Last time I did it there were no national park check points using this route.

If you approach from a different direction to the main entrance it is probably best you leave by the main entrance and stop and pay on your departure.

• Like 1