The Toon Task

King Cotton

3 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, wouldn't that be good for the Toon Army . . . and Eddie, too 🤗!

Seems Eddie has been cleared to attend this week after testing negative for COVID… Early kick-off too, so I should be awake for the whole match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I was hoping Newcastle could have got some kind of result, right now it's not looking good tough games coming up

Norwich at home next week. “Manager bump” aside, if we can’t beat them, then it’s looking very grim.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

28 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Norwich at home next week. “Manager bump” aside, if we can’t beat them, then it’s looking very grim.

You have to get 3 points from that game,

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

You have to get 3 points from that game,

And at home to Burnley the week after. Need a good return from those two games, for sure.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, King Cotton said:
On 11/10/2021 at 3:10 PM, King Cotton said:
On 11/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, King Cotton said:

Now the dust is settling, let’s play The Toon Task game.

We now know who has the challenging task of keeping Newcastle United in English football’s top flight and that the eyes of the footie world will be watching how Eddie Howe + players progress as each match-week passes.

To add some extra spice to proceedings, here’s a little challenge that we can all tackle (clever little pun intended). Listed below are The Toon’s next 10 games, taking us up to the January transfer window and to play The Toon Task game, all you have to do is quote this OP into your own post and then – and here’s the tricky bit! – enter ALL your predicted results in place of the ?s.

Yes that’s all there is to it, apart from the seven-week wait until 2 Jan to see how close to reality we have been.

Date    Time*    Opponent (Home or Away)

1        20 Nov 22:00       BRE (H)   1 - 2  loss    result  3 - 3  draw  1 point

2        27 Nov 19:30       ARS (A)    3 - 1  loss   result   2 - 0  loss    0 points

3          1 Dec  2:30         NOR (H)      2  -  0          win

4          4 Dec 22:00        BUR (H)      1  -  1          draw

5        12 Dec 21:00        LEI (A)         3  -  1          loss

6        17 Dec   3:00        LIV (A)         4  -  1          loss

7        19 Dec 21:15        MCI (H)       0  -  5          loss

8        28 Dec   3:00        MNU (H)     2  -  2          draw

9        31 Dec   2:30        EVE (A)        2  -  1          loss

10         2 Jan 21:00        SOU (A)       1  -  2          win

*Thai date and time

Let’s see how it goes . . . no prizes, but perhaps just a little bragging rites, come January 2nd.

KC will post his predictions once the game gets under way.

No, the excitement's just too much . . . Here (above) are my predicted scores, which, between them and very ominously, award The Toon the very low aggregate points score of 8. Unless they can do far better than this, they are doomed!

Not the cleverest forecast for the quarantined EH's first game in charge, but I guess this hectic 3 - 3 draw against the unpredictable Bees will help him get over his Covid.

Away at The Emirates next Saturday, against an ARS side that may well still be smarting from the spanking that LIV gave them, yesterday. Wouldn't a win there be a result!

That's KC, after 2 games; predicted points = 0; actual points = 1

OK, @BigHewer, with your predicted win and a draw (amounting to 4 points), and @Lowseasonlover's predicted draw and a loss (for 1 point), we can see how the land lies and that, besides Mr L's points being spot-on, it's looking like The Toon are doomed, unless EH and his boys can find some Superman elixir to drink with their cornflakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Sure is . . . nothing more than beginner's luck, I reckon 🤨!

Im pretty good at predicting the results as you can see, there is a bar near me and they used to do a pools thingy every week the most I won was 3800 baht, it was 100 baht to enter and winner takes all people stopped playing coz I kept winning 555 what they didnt know was I used to have 2 or 3 goes, 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 11/21/2021 at 3:27 AM, BigHewer said:

So who’s in this comp, KC? Just you and me? 

Two hapless teams facing each other next week, bound to be some goals in it. 

On the Scilly Isles, there is a league consisting of two teams who play each other every week. Apparently it's bit like the SPL where the champions are always either Celtic or Rangers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isles_of_Scilly_Football_League

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Priceless!

Just for you, that, @JohninDubin😅! And it's not too late for you to throw your hat in the ring, with still 8 of the 10 pre 2nd Jan matches to be played. Just quote my OP, whack-in your predicted scores in place if the ? marks and, who knows, you may be able to match our pro-predicter, @Lowseasonlover😏!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

And it's not too late for you to throw your hat in the ring, @JohninDubin, with still 8 of the 10 pre 2nd Jan matches to be played. Just quote my OP, whack-in your predicted scores in place if the ? marks and, who knows, you may be able to match our pro-predicter, @Lowseasonlover😏!

I’m still bullish on this KC, I realise my forecast is far and away the most optimistic of the three of us, but a lot of games still to be played. FPL, LPS and TTT… of the three, this is the one I most dearly want to win!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Just for you, that, @JohninDubin😅! And it's not too late for you to throw your hat in the ring, with still 8 of the 10 pre 2nd Jan matches to be played. Just quote my OP, whack-in your predicted scores in place if the ? marks and, who knows, you may be able to match our pro-predicter, @Lowseasonlover😏!

Apologies, but when it comes to football, I am very narrow minded, beyond Spurs and England, I am hardly aware of the existence of other clubs, though suddenly I appear to be the Forum's expert on the Scilly Isles Premier League (hahaha).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Apologies, but when it comes to football, I am very narrow minded, beyond Spurs and England, I am hardly aware of the existence of other clubs, though suddenly I appear to be the Forum's expert on the Scilly Isles Premier League (hahaha).

Have an each way bet

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Have an each way bet

Would you be interested in joining the comp Last Person Standing comp when the next cycle begins? If so, I'll send you a reminder.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Would you be interested in joining the comp Last Person Standing comp when the next cycle begins? If so, I'll send you a reminder.

Count me in

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Serious shit going on at Newcastle what is it 92 teams in the football league and Newcastle are the only team without a "W" 

Lascelles and Ritchie are suspended

Norwich next

The only way there going to survive and avoid the drop is to buy themselves out of it in January when the Transfer window opens. Do the new owners think Eddie Howe is some kind of world class mgr like Mourinho or Guardiola or Potchitino  Eddie Howe's first job at a  Premier Club ended relegated under him. The players they have now are not good enough so they will have to bring in decent players to save them.

8 minutes ago, vlad said:

The only way there going to survive and avoid the drop is to buy themselves out of it in January when the Transfer window opens. Do the new owners think Eddie Howe is some kind of world class mgr like Mourinho or Guardiola or Potchitino  Eddie Howe's first job at a  Premier Club ended relegated under him. The players they have now are not good enough so they will have to bring in decent players to save them.

I think they can only spend 200 million in January because of the FFP rules, to be honest with you who wants to go there knowing they could get relegated, did you know when any team gets relegated their wages are reduced by 50%, 

18 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Serious shit going on at Newcastle what is it 92 teams in the football league and Newcastle are the only team without a "W" 

Lascelles and Ritchie are suspended

Norwich next

And, not wanting to rub salt, etc, @Lowseasonlover, . . . , I see you've got them to draw 2-2 against NOR, whilst @BigHewer and I go for 1-0 and 2-0 wins, respectively . . . roll-on, tomorrow!

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 10:07 AM, King Cotton said:

Now the dust is settling, let’s play The Toon Task game.

We now know who has the challenging task of keeping Newcastle United in English football’s top flight and that the eyes of the footie world will be watching how Eddie Howe + players progress as each match-week passes.

To add some extra spice to proceedings, here’s a little challenge that we can all tackle (clever little pun intended). Listed below are The Toon’s next 10 games, taking us up to the January transfer window and to play The Toon Task game, all you have to do is quote this OP into your own post and then – and here’s the tricky bit! – enter ALL your predicted results in place of the ?s.

Yes that’s all there is to it, apart from the seven-week wait until 2 Jan to see how close to reality we have been.

Date    Time*    Opponent (Home or Away)

1     20 Nov 22:00    BRE (H)   1 - 2  loss (0 pts)     result  3 - 3  draw  1 point

2     27 Nov 19:30    ARS (A)    3 - 1  loss (0 pts)    result   2 - 0  loss    0 point

3       1 Dec  2:30     NOR (H)   2 - 0   win (3 pts)    result   1 - 1  draw  1 point

4          4 Dec 22:00        BUR (H)      1  -  1          draw

5        12 Dec 21:00        LEI (A)         3  -  1          loss

6        17 Dec   3:00        LIV (A)         4  -  1          loss

7        19 Dec 21:15        MCI (H)       0  -  5          loss

8        28 Dec   3:00        MNU (H)     2  -  2          draw

9        31 Dec   2:30        EVE (A)        2  -  1          loss

10         2 Jan 21:00        SOU (A)       1  -  2          win

3 games gone and a predictable Nil correct forecasts, amounting to a 3:2 ratio of forecast to actual points. Let's see how @BigHewer and @Lowseasonloverhave progressed . . .

BH first . . . 

1    20 Nov 22:00   BRE (H)    1  -  0      win (3 pts)      result  3 - 3  draw  1 point    

2    27 Nov 19:30   ARS (A)    1  -  1     draw (1 pt)      result   2 - 0  loss    0 points

3      1 Dec  2:30     NOR (H)  1  -  0      win (3 pts)      result   1 - 1  draw  1 point

4      4 Dec 22:00    BUR (H)   1 -  0      win

5    12 Dec 21:00    LEI (A)     1  -  2      loss

6    17 Dec   3:00    LIV (A)     0  -  3      loss          

7    19 Dec 21:15    MCI (H)   0  -  3      loss

8    28 Dec   3:00    MNU (H) 1  -  1      draw

9    31 Dec   2:30    EVE (A)    2  -  1      win

10     2 Jan 21:00    SOU (A)   1 -  1      draw

Newcastle first in each projected score. That’s 15 points I have them down for. I’m destined to fare badly in this game because of my rosy outlook KC!

Yep . . . still looking rosy, with a 7:2 forecast to actual points ratio which, for those who love percentiles stats, is a 350% over-estimate . . . That has to deserve a big smile! 😁

And here are Mr L's . . .  

1    20 Nov 22:00    BRE (H)  3  -  3 See I got that right (1 pt) result  3 - 3  draw  1 point

2    27 Nov 19:30    ARS (A)   3 -  1 ARS win       (0 pts) result  2 - 0  loss    0 points

3      1 Dec  2:30     NOR (H)  2  -  2 Draw           (1 pt)   result   1 - 1  draw  1 point

4          4 Dec 22:00        BUR (H)      2  -  1 Burnley win

5        12 Dec 21:00        LEI (A)         3  -  1 Leicester win

6        17 Dec   3:00        LIV (A)         5  -  0 Liverpool win

7        19 Dec 21:15        MCI (H)       4  -  0 City win

8        28 Dec   3:00        MNU (H)     3  -  3 Draw

9        31 Dec   2:30        EVE (A)        1  -  1Draw

10         2 Jan 21:00        SOU (A)       0  -  2 Newcastle win

. . . giving a 2:2 forecast to actual points ratio for @Lowseasonlover which, let's face it, is a pretty decent 100% correct (Any chance of you helping me on my FPL picks?)

At home to Burnley on Saturday, when I predict bent shin-guards will out-number goals 🙀!

• Like 1

All doom and gloom on the Tyne this morning, I listened to a few fan channels and they are all going in on Clark for getting a red card so early in the game, 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1