News Forum - Thailand reopening: 20,000 total entered, 50,000 Passes approved

Thaiger

Following reports that 16,595 foreigners total have entered Thailand during the first 5 days of the grand reopening that began on November 1, here are the latest arrival stats for people coming to the Kingdom or at least attempting to come to the country: THAILAND PASS Many people have struggled to obtain their Thailand Pass to enter the country, but over 50,000 total have now been approved. Apply for yours here: tp.consular.go.th THAILAND PASS APPLICATIONS Applications registered for the Thailand Pass Applications approved for the Thailand Pass Applications auto-approved for the Thailand Pass 92,240 50,231 16,798 (included in the 50,231 […]

The story Thailand reopening: 20,000 total entered, 50,000 Passes approved as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

In 2019 it was 110 000 PER DAY so that 20 000 is not even 4 percent of pre-COVID per five days.

And only 40% of their own self set target. It’s a start and things could well improve. But until they remove this Thailand Pass and the one day quarantine then it’s not going to offer much help. Even if they hit their target of 300,000 a month, that’s still only 10% of their pre-Covid levels. It’s simply not enough to make it worthwhile opening a mothballed business. 

The government know this of course. It’s just a way to buy time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am trying to understand how these are processed. Are they taken from a pile of papers and dealt with in that order, or is priority given to those whose arrivals appear most imminent?

I'd guess it's the former.

49 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I am trying to understand how these are processed. Are they taken from a pile of papers and dealt with in that order, or is priority given to those whose arrivals appear most imminent?

Apparently there is an automated system that verifies passport, vaccination card etc from countries on an approved list. After that it is human interaction and probably done on a "who arrives next basis"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

Apparently there is an automated system that verifies passport, vaccination card etc from countries on an approved list. After that it is human interaction and probably done on a "who arrives next basis"

TYVM.

The problem with Thailand Pass is pay, pay and pay some more....wait a week for someone to say "No", "Yes"

Are you going to take that risk if you are a 100% tourist? No, most arrivals will be folk that have long term interests in Thailand and didn't want to quarantine at all and think 1 night is acceptable.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

If the system is truly automated then surely it would help if it also sent an automated email to applicants to inform them when their application requires manual approval, preferably listing a  reason why.

The complete lack of a progress checking facility is baffling.

30 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

The problem with Thailand Pass is pay, pay and pay some more....wait a week for someone to say "No", "Yes"

Are you going to take that risk if you are a 100% tourist? No, most arrivals will be folk that have long term interests in Thailand and didn't want to quarantine at all and think 1 night is acceptable.

A blanket description for new  arrivals 

“ Travelers “

34 minutes ago, Pete424 said:

Pay, pay, pay .. wait, wait, wait...

Then everything closed, closed, closed

I hope most won't visit for the holiday spirit, because except for in very few places they're not going to find it and will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 6

So what part of that process decides that because a middle name is on a passport and not on the Covid Certificate. That despite being born on the very same day. It can’t possibly be the same person. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BBY said:

So what part of that process decides that because a middle name is on a passport and not on the Covid Certificate. That despite being born on the very same day. It can’t possibly be the same person. 

script GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I’m told many of them use automated approval systems and only those that have a problem or fail the automatic system are then passed on to a person to look in to further. This may explain why some people are getting approvals almost instantly while others are taking days?  I don’t know, and simply passing on what others have said. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mrengthai said:

If the system is truly automated then surely it would help if it also sent an automated email to applicants to inform them when their application requires manual approval, preferably listing a  reason why.

The complete lack of a progress checking facility is baffling.

Of course it would. But you are thinking in a logical fashion. Invert the whole thing and now you are getting close to how a Thai person thinks…

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m told many of them use automated approval systems and only those that have a problem or fail the automatic system are then passed on to a person to look in to further. This may explain why some people are getting approvals almost instantly while others are taking days?  I don’t know, and simply passing on what others have said. 

TYVM. 

So it's not being dealt with by an "infinite number of monkeys, using an infinite number of typewriters". There's a surprise.

8 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

TYVM. 

So it's not being dealt with by an "infinite number of monkeys, using an infinite number of typewriters". There's a surprise.

Well,  no guarantees. 😉

• Haha 1

If anyone has applied and waited longer than 48 hrs. get onto your embassy/consulate with a copy of your passport. I done that via email, 20 minutes later I had my QR code.

That being said my consulate is in the ME and probably isn't dealing with a lot of people.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

Of course it would. But you are thinking in a logical fashion. Invert the whole thing and now you are getting close to how a Thai person thinks…

You seem to have issues with Thai people. I don't always agree with the way things are done, but that's the Thai way. I love the Country and the People and for both is why I made Thailand my home. Logic is something I care nothing about, I came to Thailand to live over a decade ago and welcome the care free lifestyle. Live one day at a time, worry only about tomorrow when it arrives. Till then smile be happy.

3 minutes ago, nobusinessofurs said:

You seem to have issues with Thai people. I don't always agree with the way things are done, but that's the Thai way. I love the Country and the People and for both is why I made Thailand my home. Logic is something I care nothing about, I came to Thailand to live over a decade ago and welcome the care free lifestyle. Live one day at a time, worry only about tomorrow when it arrives. Till then smile be happy.

No I have no problem with the Thai people whatsoever. As you have said, you don’t always agree with how things are done and neither do I. I just posted it and you somehow you translated that to me having a problem with Thai people? 

Should we all stop discussing things that are wrong or need improvement on this forum and just post all the things that are amazing about the country? 

I’ll start if you wish? 
The country has some amazing natural beauty. 

The people are very laid back and happy considering many have few material possessions. Much happier than people in the U.K.  

The weather this time of the year through to February is just perfect. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pete424 said:

If anyone has applied and waited longer than 48 hrs. get onto your embassy/consulate with a copy of your passport. I done that via email, 20 minutes later I had my QR code.

That being said my consulate is in the ME and probably isn't dealing with a lot of people.

I tried applying multiple times with no success so far. Once my application was rejected because of Jansen vaccination bug in form. My wife has exactly the same data and she received TP multiple times (which is also a problem), only difference is in vaccination.

I tried to contact my embassy in Poland but they claim that they can't do anything.

If someone have number in Thailand to the place which can help please let me know, as i'm getting desperate cause my flight is on Wednesday 10.11.

EDIT: Nvm as soon as i posted, it arrived to my email box ^^

Edited by StormNova

4 minutes ago, StormNova said:

I tried applying multiple times with no success so far. Once my application was rejected because of Jansen vaccination bug in form. My wife has exactly the same data and she received TP multiple times (which is also a problem), only difference is in vaccination.

I tried to contact my embassy in Poland but they claim that they can't do anything.

If someone have number in Thailand to the place which can help please let me know, as i'm getting desperate cause my flight is on Wednesday 10.11.

EDIT: Nvm as soon as i posted, it arrived to my email box ^^

Congratulations buddy. Have a safe trip. Perhaps you could do all of us who are yet to apply a favour. Find where these are processed and send a rocket up their ass! 

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Congratulations buddy. Have a safe trip. Perhaps you could do all of us who are yet to apply a favour. Find where these are processed and send a rocket up their ass! 

Thanks mate, I definitely will as that page is a crime. I work as a web developer myself and this is one of worst forms i've seen and this says a lot as our own goverment platforms are famous of being shite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t believe any of these numbers. I have not heard from anyone that I know, who has applied, who actually got a Pass yet. I applied for 4 relatives and got nothing yet.

1 hour ago, Samuiwonder said:

I don’t believe any of these numbers. I have not heard from anyone that I know, who has applied, who actually got a Pass yet. I applied for 4 relatives and got nothing yet.

Eh ? Loads have got them incl me on here - don’t forget 99% of people who have got them won’t come on here at all. 

9 hours ago, Pete424 said:

Thailand Pass is a pain to use. I struggled with it yesterday (7th Nov) and when I wanted to enter the stay period it locked out all days up to Nov 28, the entry date. Maybe this is to allow for processing time?? I gave up hoping this BS will go away by early next year. I miss Thailand and own a condo there so have reasons to go but!

20211107_110727.jpg