News Forum - Illegal border crossing on the rise along with tourism reopening

Thaiger

While Thailand is eager to see foreigners entering the country after Monday’s reopening, not all foreigners are as welcome as others. A crackdown on migrants crossing land borders illegally and entering the country without quarantine caught more than 3,000 people in this past week. A spokesperson for the Internal Security Operations Command correlated Thailand’s reopening to international tourism with the surge in illegal immigrant border crossing. A spokesperson for the ISOC said they are seeing a flood of illegal border crossing in the Northeastern and Eastern borders of Thailand of people looking for migrant work. They stated that 3,160 migrants […]

The story Illegal border crossing on the rise along with tourism reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 minutes ago, Nivram said:

Build a border wall like the USA does with Mexico to prevent illegal immigrants.

What !! The way Thais build walls then one huff and one puff and the whole thing will blow down.

Huge fines, jail and closure of business will stop the employers. No jobs, no illegal immigrants. No exploitation of illegals also.

Wonder how many Anutin employs in his construction company?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Nivram said:

Build a border wall like the USA does with Mexico to prevent illegal immigrants.

I know you are being facetious but though I favor the wall in the USA for any country if you want to get rid of illegals you make it impossible for them to exist here. 

You require proof of being legally in the country to do anything including but not limited to opening a bank account, having a cell phone account, holding a job, being able to rent a place to live, etc.  

Though more difficult in Thailand because of the cash economy I would think that for any significant employer being required to pay workers via electronic deposit would eliminate some of the problem. 

I know in the USA if they passed a simple law that anyone in the country illegally could not open a bank account and that wages paid to workers other than electronic deposit would not be tax deductible it would eliminate a huge proportion of those residing in the USA illegally. 

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Considering the situation in Burma right now, I'm surprised there aren't more illegal immigrants. 

Many more I think, you only hear about the ones they catch, at a guess 10%

At this rate I think I would have a higher chance of success sneaking across the border to get into Thailand rather than waiting for my Thailand pass to be approved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3