News Forum - Vaccinated riders get 20% off on Transport Co interprovince buses

Thaiger

4 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Great idea to pay someone to ride with potentially invected people in the same bus with the close circuit aircon. Brilliant! 

And give the ones, who will assumingly not have symtoms, even a 20% discounted  price. Which I wonder, is that on top of the "we pay half" gouverment help? Or only, if people arent doing these?

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

best it has looked for decades I am told.

And thats sems to be the 3. Group of people, coming to Thailand/Phuket, these days:

The ones, whom wanna have it more quiet as usual.

Just that brings back more and more Tuk Tuks, Jet Skis, Speedboats.

Sorry, mate, for you it is ready too late:

It is picking up, every day, on Phuket.

And for your concern, not to get the Hotel money back, if testet positive on arrival.

As long you book SHT Hotels, not only the first night,  that should work, like it did before: They should refund you, as soon you need to quarantine. Since you then wanna do that in a  ASQ Hotel, I guess, just look for a group that has both, SHT and still ASQ. I think, there should be some left

Unless another wave "attacks", Phuket is becoming more busy, every day

Edited by Guest1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Did you notice that he said "balls" and not "scrotum"? More kinks to be revealed?

Hope so, always looking for tips 

7 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Mate I truly believe that there are only currently two types of people looking to come visit Thailand. Those who have family, friends, business, work. And those who are not well informed (ignorant). 

I don't have family, friends etc, but I still want to visit. (hahaha).

Seriously though, I would go just about anywhere in SEA that would accept me right now as long as there was no alcohol ban. I say that from a point of view that the stats in my country are so much better than in TH.

I now we will get into the area of "We can't believe the figures from TH", and I would agree with that but looking at the mystery of the excess deaths in TH which don't seem to be showing up as CV, I'd estimate that TH is still 25% safer than Ireland.

Factor in other matters such as my age and family circumstances (which I don't want to talk about in a public forum), and I am beginning to conclude, that at most, I might be able to make one more trip. If I don't go in the next few months, I don't think I will be able to go at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Just thought of another point Gummy - the corrupt regime you also mentioned. We are also reluctant to visit Thailand because to do so would mean 'supporting' the corrupt Junta regime. If there are lots and lots of tourists and the money starts flowing down to the ordinary Thais and their jobs return, there is potentially a big problem with that. The problem is that the ordinary Thais might forget about the Junta, and then not bother to protest and not vote in 2023.  Catch 22 situation really - win/lose or lose/win.   

I see your point. Not going might help bring down the junta. But in TH, junta's are like busses. If you miss one, there'll be another one along in a minute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_coup_d'état

Twenty plots or successful coups since 1912.

7 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Or maybe they'll take his money then vote the other way? That would be more satisfying.

How exactly do they verify that if you've voted according to payment? I know that in Italy in council elections, the trick was to have one blank ballot smuggled out of the booth. Then a copy was made and given to the "voter" with an X in the "right place". They would then use that to vote, and bring out the unmarked ballot to collect payment, with the unmarked ballot being crossed and then given to the next voter?

6 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

If the objective is to accelerate the vaccination rate, I found the idea much better and appealing rather than penalizing the none vaccinated.

We see the results in Europe, to penalize does not work !

I was listening on Irish radio a few days ago and apparently the most vax resistant group, are the E. Europeans. I found a map which confirmed that it was the same in their own countries, with Bulgaria and Romania being the two least vaxxed countries in the EU. https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

I listened to one Romanian complain about the Irish Gov being like E. European (Cold War) dictators. He eventually got his vax, because he wasn't allowed to enter a MacDonald's without one. Of course he still had access to the drive through.

I couldn't quite see the comparison. Under Ceausescu, Romania never had any MacDonald's 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I was listening on Irish radio a few days ago and apparently the most vax resistant group, are the E. Europeans. I found a map which confirmed that it was the same in their own countries, with Bulgaria and Romania being the two least vaxxed countries in the EU. https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

I listened to one Romanian complain about the Irish Gov being like E. European (Cold War) dictators. He eventually got his vax, because he wasn't allowed to enter a MacDonald's without one. Of course he still had access to the drive through.

I couldn't quite see the comparison. Under Ceausescu, Romania never had any MacDonald's 

1 Big Pfizer with fries please 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

excellent idea, reward rather than penalise. 

I'd agree with that, until you reach that cohort, that will not accept the reward. Than what do you do?

It's worth mentioning that some schools are now insisting that they will only accept children whose childhood disease vaxxes are up to date. In Ireland, restos are required to refuse table service to the unvaxxed. For those who complain about it this, the issue seems to be more about their "civil rights" to go into MacDonald's that others rights not to be put at risk.

It seems to me, that if you are pro-vax, you have to think in terms of both "carrot and stick".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I'd agree with that, until you reach that cohort, that will not accept the reward. Than what do you do?

It's worth mentioning that some schools are now insisting that they will only accept children whose childhood disease vaxxes are up to date. In Ireland, restos are required to refuse table service to the unvaxxed. For those who complain about it this, the issue seems to be more about their "civil rights" to go into MacDonald's that others rights not to be put at risk.

It seems to me, that if you are pro-vax, you have to think in terms of both "carrot and stick".

yes, that's a fair comment, but try the reward route first. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

yes, that's a fair comment, but try the reward route first. 

Totally agree with you. That's why I place carrot before stick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Factor in other matters such as my age and family circumstances (which I don't want to talk about in a public forum), and I am beginning to conclude, that at most, I might be able to make one more trip. If I don't go in the next few months, I don't think I will be able to go at all.

Good luck to you John. I’m sure you will be on your way to SE Asia soon 👍🏻

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

t seems to me, that if you are pro-vax, you have to think in terms of both "carrot and stick".

I’m pro-vax; otherwise known as a normal rational person, and I would only use the stick approach. Get vaccinated or stay in your home. I would also make them pay for their healthcare if they get sick. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I don't have family, friends etc, but I still want to visit. (hahaha).

Seriously though, I would go just about anywhere in SEA that would accept me right now as long as there was no alcohol ban. I say that from a point of view that the stats in my country are so much better than in TH.

I now we will get into the area of "We can't believe the figures from TH", and I would agree with that but looking at the mystery of the excess deaths in TH which don't seem to be showing up as CV, I'd estimate that TH is still 25% safer than Ireland.

I hear you mate - rational approach - except for one thing.  It is the travel that causes most people to catch iy - taxis, airports, planes, etc. If I could borrow Dr Who's Tardis and just 'be there' (and back) then no where near the same problems - because I would social distance etc when there.  All that is mute though if cases jump to over 10/15K a day again.  I am over 60 and smoked/drank a lot in the past - lungs not so great anymore - not an ideal target.  Yes I could catch it here - but the medical system here is not busted after over a year of high daily cases.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I see your point. Not going might help bring down the junta. But in TH, junta's are like busses. If you miss one, there'll be another one along in a minute.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_coup_d'état

Twenty plots or successful coups since 1912.

Very true - except for one thing.  After all the previous coups and time in charge, they went back to their barracks. Some stayed on as Pollies but the Military as a whole pulled out.  This time they did not - they stayed and formed their own political party - and made it easier for themselves to stay in charge. Despite saying for years that they would leave power when everything was back under control. 

• Like 1