News Forum - Vaccinated riders get 20% off on Transport Co interprovince buses

Thaiger

For those who have been fully vaccinated, Thailand’s state-run long-distance bus operator is offering a 20% discount on all fares until the end of November. The Transport Co operate the public buses that travel between provinces across the country, and they are offering the deal the boost ridership as tourism grows. The move is also hoped to counteract the losses felt in a squeeze with rising fuel costs and decreased passengers during the frequent lockdowns and travel restrictions that have plagued the country throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. The Ministry of Transport is attempting to give discounts to passengers who are […]

The story Vaccinated riders get 20% off on Transport Co interprovince buses as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

42 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The company is participating in the “Khon La Khrueng” programme that has the government co-paying for tickets ...

That's what we need - more incentives to travel!

What could possibly be wrong with that 😂?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Vaccinated riders get 20% off on Transport Co interprovince buses

'Vaccinated riders'  I thought it was about motorbike taxis when I started reading the headline. Isn't the word 'passengers'?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Great idea to pay someone to ride with potentially invected people in the same bus with the close circuit aircon. Brilliant! 

No flies on these Thais,

Covid yes, flies no 😂

3 hours ago, nikoncam said:

here we go again with the multi-tier pricing models

That's fine, i would rather shave my balls with a broken bottle than ride one of those buses anyway. (I'm double vaccinated)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

That's fine, i would rather shave my balls with a broken bottle than ride one of those buses anyway. (I'm double vaccinated)

You kinky devil 😲

1 hour ago, AlexPTY said:

Great idea to pay someone to ride with potentially invected people in the same bus with the close circuit aircon. Brilliant! 

Beat me to it.  Do they not realise that allowing the unvaccinated to travel with the vaccinated greatly increases the odds of someone having Covid and therefore3 spreading it to everyone else in the van?  Obviously the vaccinated will not get as sick as they otherwise would, but when they test positive they will be isolated and that job/visit they travelled for will no longer be an option.  The unvaccinated wil also have the same fate, but some of the unvaccinated will get very sick, and some of them might die.  Did they really think this thing through? Surely, only vaccinated people should be allowed on any public transport - is that not why they mandate tourists must be vaccinated?? Unbelievable - but I understand why - truly amazing.  

• Like 2

Just now, AussieBob said:

Beat me to it.  Do they not realise that allowing the unvaccinated to travel with the vaccinated greatly increases the odds of someone having Covid and therefore3 spreading it to everyone else in the van?  Obviously the vaccinated will not get as sick as they otherwise would, but when they test positive they will be isolated and that job/visit they travelled for will no longer be an option.  The unvaccinated wil also have the same fate, but some of the unvaccinated will get very sick, and some of them might die.  Did they really think this thing through? Surely, only vaccinated people should be allowed on any public transport - is that not why they mandate tourists must be vaccinated?? Unbelievable - but I understand why - truly amazing.  

TAT should use this as a promotion to discourage even further tourists to come to Thailand as further proof that lunatics are running the asylum. Just let them give money via Paypal to the corrupt regime and let them watch live streaming of their antics from the safety of their armchairs at home

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

TAT should use this as a promotion to discourage even further tourists to come to Thailand as further proof that lunatics are running the asylum. Just let them give money via Paypal to the corrupt regime and let them watch live streaming of their antics from the safety of their armchairs at home

Mate I truly believe that there are only currently two types of people looking to come visit Thailand. Those who have family, friends, business, work. And those who are not well informed (ignorant).  Now is not the time to visit Thailand for a holiday with the kids - WTF are they thinking.  And judging by some of the questions being asked by new people to this Forum - clearly they are not the 'thinking type'. 

If I was to travel to Thailand for a holiday, there is only one place I would go right now - and I would stay there mainly on the resort I chose and only travel around where we can stay away from other people (like here). That place is Phuket - until the numbers of daily cases starts to jump - which means the infected horde from the Provinces and the Illegals, have arrived.  But with the risk of testing positive and then spending lots of additional money to stay in quarantine (and no refund of hotel/etc bookings) - I would be very reluctant.  When/if they drop the test on arrival and the one day quarantine while you wait (and no jump in covid cases), then Phuket is the place to go - best it has looked for decades I am told.  But we aint going just for a holiday - we are going to visit family and friends, and a holiday - so we will wait.

18 minutes ago, gummy said:

Just thought of another point Gummy - the corrupt regime you also mentioned. We are also reluctant to visit Thailand because to do so would mean 'supporting' the corrupt Junta regime. If there are lots and lots of tourists and the money starts flowing down to the ordinary Thais and their jobs return, there is potentially a big problem with that. The problem is that the ordinary Thais might forget about the Junta, and then not bother to protest and not vote in 2023.  Catch 22 situation really - win/lose or lose/win.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Just thought of another point Gummy - the corrupt regime you also mentioned. We are also reluctant to visit Thailand because to do so would mean 'supporting' the corrupt Junta regime. If there are lots and lots of tourists and the money starts flowing down to the ordinary Thais and their jobs return, there is potentially a big problem with that. The problem is that the ordinary Thais might forget about the Junta, and then not bother to protest and not vote in 2023.  Catch 22 situation really - win/lose or lose/win.   

We're getting off topic here but I just point out the fact that 'ordinary Thai's', especially those in rural areas, really don't care what happens in Bangkok.  They only care for how their local Amphur, Kamnan, Pooyaiban etc look after them.  At the last election it was Anutin's money that bought votes in many parts of Isaan so watch and see how much get's splashed around this election and by whom ... Thaksin's back channel is still open!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Anyone else get the impression that TAT, Govt etc are deliberately encouraging the spread of Covid?

That was I stated last year anyway

5 hours ago, nikoncam said:

here we go again with the multi-tier pricing models

It is a great way to encourage vaccination. UnVaccinated will find it more and more difficult to assimilate into society as there will be more and more restrictions imposed. E.g entry to malls, entrance to restaurants and maybe even to churches and temples. This might be a better way to persuade people to be vaccinated instead of giving outright money to them for getting vaccination. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

We're getting off topic here but I just point out the fact that 'ordinary Thai's', especially those in rural areas, really don't care what happens in Bangkok.  They only care for how their local Amphur, Kamnan, Pooyaiban etc look after them.  At the last election it was Anutin's money that bought votes in many parts of Isaan so watch and see how much get's splashed around this election and by whom ... Thakin's back channel is still open!

Anutin is in trouble politically - his support for the Junta gave them power - Isaan people will hopefully remember that in 2023 and Anutin wont get the votes from last time.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

It is a great way to encourage vaccination. UnVaccinated will find it more and more difficult to assimilate into society as there will be more and more restrictions imposed. E.g entry to malls, entrance to restaurants and maybe even to churches and temples. This might be a better way to persuade people to be vaccinated instead of giving outright money to them for getting vaccination. 

Looks like you are on Doug's (wrong) side...

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Anutin is in trouble politically - his support for the Junta gave them power - Isaan people will hopefully remember that in 2023 and Anutin wont get the votes from last time.   

Or maybe they'll take his money then vote the other way? That would be more satisfying.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

We've got Or Bor Dor elections coming up. My wife needs to check the list, but according to those hassling for people to vote for them, there's one more person on the list than there should be.

I get the feeling it might be me. I say that only because Colin Neal told me he's on their local list - he said he saw his name in Thai next to his name in English on the list when he diplomatically quizzed them.
Perhaps this local affair is run on the basis of people registered at the address?

I'm looking forward to being asked to vote for someone.
If they're offering a 500B incentive, for example, I'll have to tell them that sadly, as a ferang I need 5,000B. Seems only fair to play them at their own game - not that it will come to anything. 😪

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

32 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Looks like you are on Doug's (wrong) side...

I think you misunderstood. I am not on any side. Vaccinate or unvaccinate. It is a personal choice.

However, a lot of societies are moving into a state where these requirements are happening. You can see in flights where you need to be vaccinated to gain entry onboard, etc. Some countries do not allow you to gain entry to malls if you are not vaccinated. Worst case, some governmental employees are also redesignated to other roles or even dismissed from their jobs if you are not vaccinated. 

Somehow, some authorities are making it difficult for unvax and forcing them into a corner to get vaccinated. 

On the other hand, in my comment, i meant for those people who are still delaying or forgot about vaccination, it might be a better way to encourage or remind them instead of giving money outright. 

• Like 2

If the objective is to accelerate the vaccination rate, I found the idea much better and appealing rather than penalizing the none vaccinated.

We see the results in Europe, to penalize does not work !