News Forum - Thailand Pass – BKK on a Friday evening. Where was everyone? | VIDEO

Thaiger

Tim does his weekly jaunt to Phuket from BKK. Thailand is ‘open’ again with almost-quarantine-free travel to fully vaccinated travellers. But the government’s promised surge of tourists has had a slow start. Plenty of articles about the Thailand Pass – search ‘The Thaiger Thailand Pass’ for numerous articles and links if you want to return to Thailand at this time. Here’s a few of them… Latest Thailand Pass news… https://thethaiger.com/news/national/despite-errors-over-65000-have-applied-for-thailand-pass Thailand News Today. Report on the first week of Thailand Pass… https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-thailand-pass-gets-assessed-new-long-stay-visas-schools-re-open-nov-5 A technical work-around if you’re having problems with the Thailand Pass… https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-pass-workaround-for A government video about how to […]

The story Thailand Pass – BKK on a Friday evening. Where was everyone? | VIDEO as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Thailand Pass is a disaster.  Turning many off as too many bugs and not well thought of.  Make an error and sorry start again and submit a new application.  Whilst they talk about 65,000 application many people are putting up 3-5 applications each to ensure they have a valid one

• Like 2

Just looked again at the list of items I need to complete  in order to travel…..I said to myself “ no way” I’ll wait until 2023 if need be. Will spend my 150 thousand baht elsewhere and help that economy’s GDP.

• Like 3

The Thailand pass is to big a hurdle for a retiree to get approved as the older you are the bigger the problem , then there is the return trip home which is also a masive hurdle as people are queing up for isolation spots in New Zealand . 

if they drop the thai pass i think more would come.including myself.this is quite an iffy thing,trying to get hotel,thai pass,qr code,and visa with flight on same day,not knowing if all these things will/or can be done in time.and another thing;;;;;can i get my visa before trying for the pass and hotel?or do you have to get pass and hotel first? i think this is all very confuseing to most everyone.please revert back to how it used to be.let people buy the insurance their on arrival. pay the fee there and go.

• Like 2

and on the vaccine card,lots in usa are the same as uk. most places dont put your middle name on the card.not even just middle letter.so it will not match your passport.yet one more event that screws up your applying. how can you explain that when you cant talk to someone? the automated will surely kick it out.

• Like 1

Submitted my application. Everything you need is on-line and easy to obtain by e-mail for a fee:  Insurance - $100 US;  One night SHA+ with taxi & PCR test -$200.   As with some here, I sent my CDC vaccine card as it’s all I have. The site will only accept one jpg file for each entry, which means one page.  But anybody with minimal computer  skills can figure out how to convert and enter the files.  I hope it works and I get my QR Code.   2-way Flight from Seattle to BKK only around $1200 on Air Canada via Vancouver and Narita. 

49 minutes ago, Lost said:

My money won’t be coming to Thailand with their bullshit 

I am sure you will be sorely missed.

Domestic tourism is on the up.

• Haha 1