News Forum - Want to come to Thailand? Here’s the process and required documents – VIDEO

Thaiger

Thailand has officially reopened to vaccinated travellers from overseas. Those travelling from countries considered by the Thai government to be at a low risk of Covid-19 are eligible for quarantine exemption, with just a minimal isolation period for visitors at their hotel as they wait for Covid-19 test results. Those from other countries can enter under a Sandbox programme or undergo a quarantine period at a certified alternative quarantine hotel. Here’s a video from Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Consular Affairs outlining the entry process for foreign travellers. To register under the Thailand Pass system, go to https://tp.consular.go.th. […]

The story Want to come to Thailand? Here’s the process and required documents – VIDEO as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You just knew they couldn't make a vid' without loads of Sat' morn' kids programme sound effects .. 

boing , pop , clack , the only one missing is twang .. 

And the vid' itself says upto 7 days waiting for processing/acceptance for it .. a lot of folk will just pass on that .. 

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I thought I'd have a look, but all I see is a message saying "This video is not available".... 

Obviously it must me my fault 🤣

7 minutes ago, kriegaex said:

The video seems to be unavailable in Germany.

You should perhaps PM @BeingFrank  as he seems to think there are issues with Thai immigration systems in the U.K. due to Brexit. This video plays fine for me in the U.K. so perhaps it is due to a Brexit after all 😉

• Haha 2

Thanks for the info Thaiger. I have watched both of todays videos about the Thailand pass requirements, and am hoping someone who has already been through this process can confirm or correct my assumptions on the correct order in which to apply.

I am hoping to return to Thailand early to mid December from the UK and will be staying 90 days, 60 day SETV with a 30 day extension.

Am i correct in thinking the order of things to do are-

1, apply for my visa, and receive visa before continuing any further

2,Purchase AQ/SHA+ for one night including a PCR test

3,Purchase $50,000+ health insurance wich covers accidents and also C19 asymptomatic hospitalisation (for the whole 90 day visit)

4,Upload the above documents along with my Vax certs and passport to the Thailand pass portal.

5, After receiving my QR code pass, i can then book a flight and arrange my pre departure PCR test.

Any input will be appreciated.

you do not have to book a flight for 60 days visa 

and after QR code only ?

STV visa is no longer available I believe

Edited by satpete

Thanks for the reply satpete.

"you do not have to book a flight for 60 days visa"

I could swim 😆

"and after QR code only ?"

I'm not sure what you mean.

"STV visa is no longer available I believe"

I will look into that now, thanks again.

13 minutes ago, bb54 said:

Thanks for the reply satpete.

"you do not have to book a flight for 60 days visa"

I could swim 😆

"and after QR code only ?"

I'm not sure what you mean.

"STV visa is no longer available I believe"

I will look into that now, thanks again.

last time I had to book a flight before apply for a visa.

in E-Visa you have to upload flight booking I believe ,

know from manual only, in Germany E-Visa will start at end of November

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pascal said:

so much brainstorming to go holidays lol ....... 

I can understand why people simply don't bother. Why should they when many around the world have multiple alternatives for places to go with no hazzle or financial risk.

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

I can understand why people simply don't bother. Why should they when many around the world have multiple alternatives for places to go with no hazzle or financial risk.

Agreed. If it comes down to a binary choice, a lot of holiday makers are just going to pick the less complicated option… or just not go anywhere.

9 hours ago, bb54 said:

Thanks for the info Thaiger. I have watched both of todays videos about the Thailand pass requirements, and am hoping someone who has already been through this process can confirm or correct my assumptions on the correct order in which to apply.

I am hoping to return to Thailand early to mid December from the UK and will be staying 90 days, 60 day SETV with a 30 day extension.

Am i correct in thinking the order of things to do are-

1, apply for my visa, and receive visa before continuing any further

2,Purchase AQ/SHA+ for one night including a PCR test

3,Purchase $50,000+ health insurance wich covers accidents and also C19 asymptomatic hospitalisation (for the whole 90 day visit)

4,Upload the above documents along with my Vax certs and passport to the Thailand pass portal.

5, After receiving my QR code pass, i can then book a flight and arrange my pre departure PCR test.

Any input will be appreciated.

Through the Thailand Pass application you have to download copies of;

1. Passport
2. Hotel booking.
3. Flight booking.
4. Vaccination certificate.
5. Medical Insurance certificate.

You may have to obtain flight and hotel booking confirmation for the Visa application.

36 minutes ago, Merwan2004 said:

Can I presume that if the Thailand Pass is denied the required one night hotel package and insurance are NONREFUNDABLE?  Just curious.

Your forgetting flights, but whether a refund is available depends on the terms of purchase at the time of booking.

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand has officially reopened to vaccinated travellers from overseas. Those travelling from countries considered by the Thai government to be at a low risk of Covid-19 are eligible for quarantine exemption, with just a minimal isolation period for visitors at their hotel as they wait for Covid-19 test results. Those from other countries can enter under a Sandbox programme or undergo a quarantine period at a certified alternative quarantine hotel. Here’s a video from Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Consular Affairs outlining the entry process for foreign travellers. To register under the Thailand Pass system, go to https://tp.consular.go.th. […]

The story Want to come to Thailand? Here’s the process and required documents – VIDEO as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

great simple video 

21 minutes ago, Faz said:

Through the Thailand Pass application you have to download copies of;

1. Passport
2. Hotel booking.
3. Flight booking.
4. Vaccination certificate.
5. Medical Insurance certificate.

You may have to obtain flight and hotel booking confirmation for the Visa application.

No need for pre flight PCR test then?