Next Newcastle United manager?

King Cotton

57 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yep next we will hear is that Roy Hodgson is being tempted out of retirement, he has all the credentials.

I said that would be a good shout till the end of the season

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I said that would be a good shout till the end of the season

And a nice guy who I think would get the respect of both players and supporters if it were to be only in  the short term 

I just noticed that about Emery Villareal are 13th in La Liga, only 6 points clear of relegation, not much difference to Newcastle

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

E H will likely be officially appointed later according to all the media .. not overly convinced that he is the guy for Newcastle .. in the short term he's gotta galvanize a team 6 points adrift already but his win rate at Bournemouth left a lot to be desired when they were relegated a couple of season's back .. and don't overlook that his stint at Burnley was not productive with less than 40% of games won .. but working on the principle that he does avoid relegation what comes later in the long game .? He hasn't got the experience to take them into the top bracket which is ultimately where they are aiming to be .. Man City  used up Hughes , Mancini , Pellegrini before convincing Pep' to arrive who has elevated them into that exclusive top echelon club .. but that has taken near 10 yrs .. for the Toon to achieve the goals that the new owners aspire to they need a stronger more charismatic appointment with a record of success at the top table .. 

Couldn't agree more, @Dedinbed, with your every word! The Toon need a bigger, stronger personality than EH . . . one with a more-convincing recent CV, too!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I just noticed that about Emery Villareal are 13th in La Liga, only 6 points clear of relegation, not much difference to Newcastle

A valid comparison there, @Lowseasonlover. Why do I have this feeling that this managerial appointment is going to end in tears? Maybe because there's so much bad news having emanated from St James' Park over the past decade and more, or more likely that I don't have a great deal of confidence in Ms Staveley & co and how they've gone about things thus far. Gloomy words, I know, especially when I was so hopeful of hearing brilliant things from up there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Why do I have this feeling that this managerial appointment is going to end in tears?

Because you’re an astute chap, KC. Tears will flow. We’re in season 1 of Game of Thrones. The first manager appointed is Ned Stark. Bran Stark doesn’t get the nod till Season 8. 

But NUFC for the title in 29/30? I believe earlier 😂

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

'Not written in stone' Graeme Jones told he's in charge for Newcastle United's clash at Brighton

The former Luton Town boss gets another game as talks with Eddie Howe drag on

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, BigHewer said:

. . . and if they play all their club management cards right, @BigHewer, you may well be correct. Wouldn't that be good for The Toon Army . . . and for the PL, too - it's high time there was a new face, at or near the top.

• Like 1

Interesting story I listened to the other night, Saudi's would like to expand the ground to 60k and the only piece of land empty is behind the Gallowgate end, wait for it, Ashley sold it for 9 million.

9 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Interesting story I listened to the other night, Saudi's would like to expand the ground to 60k and the only piece of land empty is behind the Gallowgate end, wait for it, Ashley sold it for 9 million.

Simply re-locate St James Park to Mecca, solves all problems 😂

27 minutes ago, gummy said:

All the geordies will have to convert to Islam

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, gummy said:

None Muslims cannot go to Mecca, Haram

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

None Muslims cannot go to Mecca, Haram

There are to my knowledge 7 places called Mecca in the US and 2 in Liberia, there may be more.

I think you missed my subtlety about the fact that whilst the Saudis worship at Mecca the Geordies think their football ground is their Mecca, so hence moving it to any place called Mecca is a win win for both parties.

However Mecca in Florida ( none Islamic I think) may be the most appropriate given the Mickey Mouse antics of their previous owner.

19 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Because you’re an astute chap, KC. Tears will flow. We’re in season 1 of Game of Thrones. The first manager appointed is Ned Stark. Bran Stark doesn’t get the nod till Season 8. 

I just checked and there were four kings and queens of Westeros over the 8 seasons of Game of Thrones. I think Newcastle United will follow a similar path to greatness.

1. Robert Baratheon - good bloke, likes a beer and a steak, a bit naive on tactics (Steve Bruce)

2. Joffrey Baratheon - toxic, nasty, scheming, sniping at rivals, hated (Jose Mourinho)

3. Tommen Baratheon - all round nice guy. Polite and friendly to everyone. Positive tactics (Eddie Howe).

4. Cersei Lannister - how the hell did she take over? What? (Amanda Stavely loses patience and manages the team herself)

5. Bran Stark - Level-headed, has come of age, ready to go forward, good times ahead (Steven Gerrard). 

So I’ve changed my mind. Let’s get Mourinho in! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I just checked and there were four kings and queens of Westeros over the 8 seasons of Game of Thrones. I think Newcastle United will follow a similar path to greatness.

1. Robert Baratheon - good bloke, likes a beer and a steak, a bit naive on tactics (Steve Bruce)

2. Joffrey Baratheon - toxic, nasty, scheming, sniping at rivals, hated (Jose Mourinho)

3. Tommen Baratheon - all round nice guy. Polite and friendly to everyone. Positive tactics (Eddie Howe).

4. Cersei Lannister - how the hell did she take over? What? (Amanda Stavely loses patience and manages the team herself)

5. Bran Stark - Level-headed, has come of age, ready to go forward, good times ahead (Steven Gerrard). 

So I’ve changed my mind. Let’s get Mourinho in! 

Are you on the beer, @BigHewer . . . or something stronger? 😏

• Haha 1

With still nothing concrete coming from the sporting press, the latest sketchy reports are that Howe is close to agreeing his appointment, but is concerned how his back-room staff arrangements and length of contract are finalised . . . pretty obvious considerations when all said and done and the press - and the wider world - are understandably surprised at the time-scale that these discussions are taking.

So, it's still a case of watch this space.

Here's a taste of what's been happening . . . 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-next-manager-live-21968873

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

With still nothing concrete coming from the sporting press, the latest sketchy reports are that Howe is close to agreeing his appointment, but is concerned how his back-room staff arrangements and length of contract are finalised . . . pretty obvious considerations when all said and done and the press - and the wider world - are understandably surprised at the time-scale that these discussions are taking.

So, it's still a case of watch this space.

Here's a taste of what's been happening . . . 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-next-manager-live-21968873

Howe changes his mind from what I can see there is a couple of problems regarding his own coaching staff 

• Cool 1

19 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Howe changes his mind from what I can see there is a couple of problems regarding his own coaching staff 

So he may be interested in Norwich, fingers crossed Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

31 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Hi, @Lowseasonlover. . . remember what I said on Friday, 'Why do I have this feeling that this managerial appointment is going to end in tears?'

If Howe genuinely wants this job - this big challenge - he has to be big enough and smart enough not to let coaching-staff issues queer the pitch. Important as they are, there has to be a way round that obstacle . . . if he really wants the job. I sense there's something just not quite right about his approach, but that's just me!

• Like 1

Seems to be they’re trying to woo him. The executive box appearance with Staveley was just bizarre. He had the facial expression of an invited guest at an Amway event. Maybe he knows it’s a poisoned chalice.

• Cool 1

19 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Seems to be they’re trying to woo him. The executive box appearance with Staveley was just bizarre. He had the facial expression of an invited guest at an Amway event. Maybe he knows it’s a poisoned chalice.

Have to agree every word, there, except for the 'poisoned' chalice. With The Toon's past managerial history, many manager prospects may well start to take that negative view. For the right man, though, I'd like to compare the NUFC challenge with the Glasgow Rangers challenge that Gerrard took on, almost like a duck to water . . . little relevant coaching experience, but a KINGSIZE heart!

More a challenging chalice, I reckon . . . for the man with a big enough heart.

• Like 2