News Forum - Major political parties weigh in on whether to amend Thailand’s lèse majesté law

Thaiger

With an uptick of charges over the past year under Thailand’s draconian lèse majesté law, which carries an up to 15 year prison sentence for insulting the monarchy, and protests calling on officials to abolish it, political parties have been voicing their opinions on the law, including the main opposition Pheu Thai Party which made a statement saying they were not necessarily against the law. The founder of the political party and former PM Thaksin Shinawatra was even reported saying there was no problem with the law. Under Section 112 of Thailand’s Criminal Code, known as the lèse majesté law, […]

The story Major political parties weigh in on whether to amend Thailand’s lèse majesté law as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

9 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Strange for a fugitive to say that they have no problem with one of Thailand's laws  ??

As I am the only person on this thread that mentioned no problems with laws I must assume it was in reply to my comment.

Rest assured I am not a fugitive and have never run away from problems in my life but prefer to meet them head on.

Unless you are aware of something that I am unaware of in my life?