News Forum - PM Prayut urges a new Thailand focused on tourism, sustainability

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

You are talking totally out of your backside.  @Stardust stated this;

"And Thailand has a festival culture full moon parties, all these Isan festivals"

So for you to finish your statement with "but the origins of what you are talking about isn't Thai"  is complete and utter nonsense if you are saying that Isan festivals are not Thai..

My you have posted some incorrect statements on here recently but that one must take the biscuit for being the height of absurdity

The champion in absurdity if you would know the Isan festivals, you would know the you crowds go there (tourists and Thais) maybe watch a video first about Isaan reggae festival etc. But as we all recognised you don't knew what morlom is and asked for a translation or when I used the refrain tiang long tiang long. But as I mentioned before dont quote me I am not interested on your level of conversations and I will not tell it anymore. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? 

22 minutes ago, gummy said:

You are talking totally out of your backside.  @Stardust stated this;

"And Thailand has a festival culture full moon parties, all these Isan festivals"

So for you to finish your statement with "but the origins of what you are talking about isn't Thai"  is complete and utter nonsense if you are saying that Isan festivals are not Thai..

My you have posted some incorrect statements on here recently but that one must take the biscuit for being the height of absurdity

He even doesnt know that these isan festivals are reggae and rock. Because he doesnt know Thailand he read Isaan and thought it specific for Isaan but not even know morlom. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Granted but how much of that is spent with Chinese owned companies? The money is being spent in Thailand but not actually with Thais. Isn’t that the entire point, much of the spending isn’t actually benefiting Thais and Thailand. Hence the term “zero dollar tourism”. 

That was years ago. Hence 'welcome to the present day.'

Chinese tourists in ASEAN

In 2016, the Thai government decided to stamp out zero-dollar tourism, estimating losses of US$2 billion each year in tax revenue. Three companies were shut down, 2,155 buses were seized and several people were arrested for money laundering and operating illegal low-quality tours.

theaseanpost.com

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

In 2016, the Thai government decided to stamp out zero-dollar tourism

Yes they passed some laws but don’t think for a minute it made a huge difference. The laws they passed were easily worked around and full of loopholes. There was an article on this site last year about the CM hotel association pointing out the future return of Chinese tourists wouldn’t help them one bit. They claimed most all Chinese tourists stay in Chinese owned rental condos and homes. 

‘welcome to the present day.' - couldn’t have said it better. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Yes they passed some laws but don’t think for a minute it made a huge difference. The laws they passed were easily worked around and full of loopholes. There was an article on this site last year about the CM hotel association pointing out the future return of Chinese tourists wouldn’t help them one bit. They claimed most all Chinese tourists stay in Chinese owned rental condos and homes. 

‘welcome to the present day.' - couldn’t have said it better. 

Well, i cant win that one can I? 'Yes, they changed it but it made no difference.'

Whatever. Bht2bn collected in taxes, but it made no difference. Right.

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Whatever. Bht2bn collected in taxes, but it made no difference. Right.

Besides you misquoting me, that only happens if the business never returns. Don’t worry, others took their place, the taxes were still collected. I know you are not so naive to believe highly intelligent Chinese businessmen and women can’t figure a way around a few  Thai laws. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThailandBob said:

Yes, because China would back Prayut remaining in power even if elected out of office. 

As they back the regimes of Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos. 

• Like 2