News Forum - Department of Health begs for responsible drinking in restaurants

Thaiger

The Department of Health is warning people that the permission granted to serve alcohol in restaurants in key tourist destinations must be used responsibly without people overdoing the boozing. They are asking restaurants not to serve drinks after the allowed hours and asking patrons to not overdo their drinking. Now that the government has dedicated Blue Zones for the primary tourist locations of Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga and are allowing drinking alcohol at restaurants, they hope tourists will be excited to return to the areas for a somewhat normal holiday. But they fear that once people begin drinking […]

The story Department of Health begs for responsible drinking in restaurants as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"...Now that the government has dedicated Blue Zones for the primary tourist locations of Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga and are allowing drinking alcohol at restaurants..."

Sooooo, Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi and Phang Na are responsible, but...

"...But they fear that once people begin drinking freely, rules and safety regulations will go out the window..."

That's you, Patts!

How does it feel to be labelled by the central government as irresponsible drunkards?

Just askin'

So they say booze and commoner people are the evil and none of their government people were out at clubs and having dinner parties and socializing irresponsibly thus helping to spread the virus. And what can they and their bosses pout the blame on for them not taking responsibility from the beginning and bringing in proper vaccines in only giving favoritism to 2 vaccines? Nothing.

• Like 2

A bit of personal responsibility for our own actions will see these restrictions be reduced further. That with a bit of responsibility on the part of managers and bar staff to know when enough is enough. It doesn't look like the police will show any leniency. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jason said:

A bit of personal responsibility for our own actions will see these restrictions be reduced further. That with a bit of responsibility on the part of managers and bar staff to know when enough is enough. It doesn't look like the police will show any leniency. 

That responsibility is absent as you can see from @Malc-Thai photos of overcrowded venues with lots of alcohol.

A bit of personal responsibility and restraint would have meant not pushing for things that the country is not ready for yet to begin with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

"...Now that the government has dedicated Blue Zones for the primary tourist locations of Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, and Phang Nga and are allowing drinking alcohol at restaurants..."

Sooooo, Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi and Phang Na are responsible, but...

"...But they fear that once people begin drinking freely, rules and safety regulations will go out the window..."

That's you, Patts!

How does it feel to be labelled by the central government as irresponsible drunkards?

Just askin'

I think people here do drink responsibly, it is rare to see beer being spilled or people going off with ugly women before midnight. 

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree with personal responsibility.  but Sadly that doesn't happen ..I witness it here every time I go out people no masks over crowded bars sorry "restaurants " many drunk tourists expats and thais going crazy as though every restriction has gone completely! 

28 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I agree with personal responsibility.  but Sadly that doesn't happen ..I witness it here every time I go out people no masks over crowded bars sorry "restaurants " many drunk tourists expats and thais going crazy as though every restriction has gone completely! 

30 arrests only last night in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

30 arrests only last night in Pattaya.

Thing is here in patong restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol. Bars have now got restaurant licences and they are still set up as a bar pre covid. if they have 10 tables 4 a table is around 40 people but no . I counted over 100 maybe as many as 150 going crazy in there jumping up and down in time to the band.. many thais are here from all over the country as you can see from the numberplates of the cars. many girls are here looking for work. My friends bar now has 30 girls and next bar has 50!  A few went home to their families for a long weekend and just back .. no testing

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I think people here do drink responsibly, it is rare to see beer being spilled or people going off with ugly women before midnight. 

What a pantomime, sounds like Cinderella and the ugly sisters.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

I counted over 100 maybe as many as 150 going crazy in there jumping up and down in time to the band..

House of Pain .? 

What is the deal there Malc .? I can't be listening to the pony and trap TAT and all the other porkie sellers who have a vested interest in bigging it up come out with , so just check the YouTube's for Phuket today vid's and until recently it didn't look all that but the last few days there does appear to be more bod's walking about .. so how many real foreign tourist types are you seeing there .. 

IMG_20211104_115629.jpg

49 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

House of Pain .? 

What is the deal there Malc .? I can't be listening to the pony and trap TAT and all the other porkie sellers who have a vested interest in bigging it up come out with , so just check the YouTube's for Phuket today vid's and until recently it didn't look all that but the last few days there does appear to be more bod's walking about .. so how many real foreign tourist types are you seeing there .. 

IMG_20211104_115629.jpg

Haha great tune .. it was I've got a feeling  B.E.P.. be honest there seems to be a lot more here. another music bar new york opened up last Friday and been pretty packed each night. the number of bars I'd say maybe 50-60% open.. no real restrictions in bars. the thai owners if they can get another 1 or 200 baht from a customer then there's room in their bar..beaches have a few on .. I've put a photo of new york early evening before it got busy. And bangla road. . Again its fairly busy but not before covid busy.every day new shops or bars re opening.. but that's patong other coastal area are bit slowerScreenshot_20211104-194552_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b19aa62f4e8ccb6492fa310be67e4985.jpg

20211031_221527.jpg

20211022_201427.jpg

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Cool 1

17 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Welcome to Thailand

• Like 1