News Forum - Government red tape loses Thammasat University free vaccines

Thaiger

Well Monkey say Monkey do. Wait till Peanut goes on the begging bowl again for Donated vaccines after the Pole's got slapped in the face. Poland will give the vaccine some where else now because of these clowns they have to they cannot store the vaccine for a long time. Well done Peanut opening up your country your a disgrace.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It would be good to see the media "blowtorch" be applied to this situation!!

Already since yesterday. They all report. Everywhere.  Mass media and social media same. 
Students already planning next way.

20 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Of course there's a large proportion of people who don't care. They probably don't read a broadsheet either.

Check a few of them out. I don't focus on the US but Europe, and whether you look at UK, German, French, Dutch etc. newspapers, there's something about Thailand nearly every day and a lot is very critical.

With the government focusing on and overplaying good news stories here, I think having the truth on display in countries where that's allowed is a good start.

OK I'll take your word for it but I can't remember the last time I saw an overly negative editorial against Thailand in any UK newspaper.

The only way that usually happens is if pro democracy actions, like street protests etc, get a brutal put down by a government - see Myanmar which dominated the papers, when they were unleashing live rounds on protesters, sanctions then often follow which is THE No 1 fear of any nation. Then Tiananmen Square which was an absolute PR disaster for the Chinese etc.

The thai people will be the ones to sort this out, and the government know they will have to sit on their hands and watch it, because the moment they start shooting, the world will be watching !

The foreign minister now has thai peoples blood on his hands..but did he get the orders from the top ??

Thai people will have no peace with this foolish government and the World Health Org. should get involved..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vlad said:

They would bring the water cannons out Holy and threaten protesters with arrest's.

Cmon vlad. Not in the Good ole USA. Unless there is a state mandate to wear masks and they are not doing that. But in reality, if the Thai are Naturalized citizens or even on PR's, they would not stoop to breaking the law and risk having your rights stripped and departed. Protesting and freedom of speech in America is a given right. Threatening a person or business is not but being critical is even allowed as long as it is not defamation, that is in the American justice department sense. So these Thai folk have easy access to speak up and criticize and speak about the nincompoop bozos here. Just keep your face covered and your identity quiet.

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Okay, then can stop moaning here too 😉

Huh? Are you having a grumpy day Bob20? Tomorrow is always a new day to wake up and smell the rotten roses.

• Like 1

Anyone consider what would have happened AFTER the letter was written and approved? Maybe the Govt wanted to import more and they were then blocked?

Just an idea.....😉

Clearly, the government is demonstrating that it absolutely does not care about the people. Thailand is hardly in a position to refuse vaccines, particularly when they are given as a gesture of goodwill. You do not look a gift horse in the mouth. The behaviour of the authorities is disgraceful. I would not expect any donations of anything from Poland or the US anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

As I've said before there must have been at least a dozen Moderna arrival dates so far and ALL have come to nothing. They are valuable highly sought after commodities and there is no way high quality vaccines are going to find their way into the arms of mere mortals here. 

Yeah, seems to be a lot of spewing of this and that from them but not materializing because it perhaps is the from the wrong acceptable supported elite crowd they can accept who need and want to have get the notoriety. Just think of the groups who are majorly successful on a fast pace and that will tell you who has grace.

• Like 1

Am I missing something?? isn't this Rama X university/hospital?? is he/are they not " acceptable supported elite crowd"

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

Incompetence on a breathtaking scale !

That's what happens when non politicians take political jobs !

I think it is actually insincerity for human beings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jetboy said:

Clearly, the government is demonstrating that it absolutely does not care about the people. Thailand is hardly in a position to refuse vaccines, particularly when they are given as a gesture of goodwill. You do not look a gift horse in the mouth. The behaviour of the authorities is disgraceful. I would not expect any donations of anything from Poland or the US anytime soon.

And they let suffer the people and children. A lost generation this is also in south east asia in the tv how terrible this Thai government is znd how their incompetence the country brought into suffering and destroying the future of the children and young generstion.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I can only hope for the sake of the Thai people this is sorted NOW!! It would be good to see the media "blowtorch" be applied to this situation!!

Sorry Jason I agree with your sentiments but the Thai Media are useless in any matter criticising the Thai Government... 

They simply don't dare.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

OK I'll take your word for it but I can't remember the last time I saw an overly negative editorial against Thailand in any UK newspaper.

The only way that usually happens is if pro democracy actions, like street protests etc, get a brutal put down by a government - see Myanmar which dominated the papers, when they were unleashing live rounds on protesters, sanctions then often follow which is THE No 1 fear of any nation. Then Tiananmen Square which was an absolute PR disaster for the Chinese etc.

The thai people will be the ones to sort this out, and the government know they will have to sit on their hands and watch it, because the moment they start shooting, the world will be watching !

You see it even in soth east asia in the tv what mess this junta government in Thailand is and you see it in Europe but thats not the uk anymore.

Just now, Stardust said:

You see it even in soth east asia in the tv what mess this junta government in Thailand is and you see it in Europe but thats not the uk anymore.

16 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Sorry Jason I agree with your sentiments but the Thai Media are useless in any matter criticising the Thai Government... 

But even in south east asia they aware what mess in Thailand is and what mess Prayut is.

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

In another way, I never ever thought they would get them passed. Just had a feeling. Too much competition by Red Cross and other high mucky mucks wanting the spot light.

Ditto, @ HolyCowCm, but I doubt it's anywhere near as simple as it's painted.

If Poland wanted to "donate" 3 million doses of Moderna to Thailand, why did Poland want to give them to Thammasat University to sell on and profit from, with the transfer, transport and clearance all to be arranged by 'Dr Boon' and the Thonburi Hospital Group, who's being investigated for insider trading over his own deals for Moderna?

Why not just give them to Thailand, country to country, government to government?

29 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Completely wrong. 
I assume you not watch Thai media if you think that. Right?
Thai media criticism government everyday. The English language media is very soft/scared, I not sure why, no Thai want to read it anyway. 

I try post some before but they take it off. Google Voice TV Thailand. Thaksin own it. Can listen to anti government all day if you want. Is on YouTube, But can not post here because no English sub rule.

ThaiRath have Chuwit talk anti government etc.

Have so much. Why you think Prayut angry?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Completely wrong. 
I assume you not watch Thai media if you think that. Right?
Thai media criticism government everyday. The English language media is very soft/scared, I not sure why, no Thai want to read it anyway. 

I try post some before but they take it off. Google Voice TV Thailand. Thaksin own it. Can listen to anti government all day if you want. Is on YouTube, But can not post here because no English sub rule.

ThaiRath have Chuwit talk anti government etc.

Have so much. Why you think Prayut angry?

Thats true the Thai english media is more self censored then many Thai media. Also more strict and censored in the comment sections about critic of the Thai government. I experienced that, too.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Thats true the Thai english media is more self censored then many Thai media. Also more strict and censored in the comment sections about critic of the Thai government. I experienced that, too.

I would really enjoy to post the good news on TT. Show the real thing the thai people say, report.

But they not allow. Sure. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

The UK is still in Europe unless the continents have shifted today - they are just not governed by the rest of the countries within it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Benroon said:

TBH , The U.K media isn't really bothered about Thailand , its just a nice place for a holiday and the food that they make is quite nice 

• Like 1

Off topic posts have been removed. The topic is “Government red tape loses Thammasat University free vaccines”. Some tangential discussion is expected, but let’s not these tangents take over the discussion. 

If members wish to discuss Brexit, please find an appropriate topic.

Thanks,