News Forum - Government red tape loses Thammasat University free vaccines

Thaiger

After Thammasat University struck several deals to import millions of vaccines to Thailand, they hit a snag with government bureaucracy blocking the donation of 3 million Moderna vaccines from Poland. After struggling to get the necessary paperwork approving the vaccine donation from the government, the university had to give up and Thailand will lose the donated vaccines, the first 1.5 million of which had been scheduled to arrive one week ago. An official letter was needed from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but when Thammasat University contacted the Ministry, the response was that they were one their own in their […]

The story Government red tape loses Thammasat University free vaccines as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If this is true then it will be: And there you have it, the true love of the Junta for the people. Absolutely zero! And these little angels are all well vaccinated a long long long time ago being first in line pole positioned. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

If this is true then it will be: And there you have it, the true love of the Junta for the people. Absolutely zero! And these little angels are all well vaccinated a long long long time ago being first in line pole positioned. 

We can't have the worthless oiks getting quality vaccines that should only be for corrupt government officials !

Didn't the 7-11 guy tell all his staff to get the Sinovac crap or face the sack and then went and got AZ ? Same for the Intercontinental guy too, he did exactly the same

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Disgraceful behaviour from Prayut et al and insulting to Poland.

No money in it for him and pals perhaps is the reason ?

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

We can't have the worthless oiks getting quality vaccines that should only be for corrupt government officials !

Didn't the 7-11 guy tell all his staff to get the Sinovac crap or face the sack and then went and got AZ ? Same for the Intercontinental guy too, he did exactly the same

Not sure, but I do know all the minions and peons were told to get CCP junk first and look how that backfired on a mega oops that they just said, oh, it is still good stuff, just need to mix it with A + Z, to then be later turned to be mixed with good stuff. Just used the word in another post regarding U-Tapao road construction, but on this J u n t a' g 0 v track record for good vaccine procurement, they have been a complete an utter albatross at best.

• Like 1

I can only hope for the sake of the Thai people this is sorted NOW!! It would be good to see the media "blowtorch" be applied to this situation!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Cannot say oink if the coin doesn't get to go into your slot?

No brown envelopes to the person in Ministry of Foreign Affairs who dhould have given the rubberstamp? This is corruption on the highest level. What a disgraceful behaviour. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

Sorry, I'd forgotten about the brown envelope mentality.

27 minutes ago, gummy said:

31 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Incompetence on a breathtaking scale !

That's what happens when non politicians take political jobs !

32 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

39 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Ludicrous..absolutely Ludicrous! 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can only hope for the sake of the Thai people this is sorted NOW!! It would be good to see the media "blowtorch" be applied to this situation!!

12 minutes ago, Rebel said:

No brown envelopes to the person in Ministry of Foreign Affairs who dhould have given the rubberstamp? This is corruption on the highest level. What a disgraceful behaviour. 

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. 

Yes, it's absurd and they are not acting in the best interest of the country.

But moaning here won't make a difference.

For who isn't aware: Thailand is in the news in many of our home countries' broadsheet newspapers.

If you moan, moan to them. The ones in charge care more about a tarnished reputation from tourists staying away or foreign governments asking the questions that we are not allowed to ask.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

For who isn't aware: Thailand is in the news in many of our home countries' broadsheet newspapers.

If you moan, moan to them. The ones in charge care more about a tarnished reputation from tourists staying away or foreign governments asking the questions that we are not allowed to ask.

Wouldn't you think that the Thai in other countries would have an easier time protesting out in the open at Thai Embassies in order to get some traction?

A behaviour like gangsters unbelievable and on the cost of the lives of Thai people. This should be noticed worldwide this case. This is a crime to block aids for the health safety for the people. He should be banned as a foreign minister worldwide and notice for any negotiations fir the future.

• Like 3

Bob, this is the forum where we are, I come on here to while away a few minutes now and then, I'm no Greta Thunberg mark 2. Life is too short. However I believe online forums do gain traction, why do you think the COE was hastily scrapped ? 

As for home countries newspapers, most Americans couldn't pinpoint Asia on a map let alone Thailand and I would say less than 0.00001% would be interested. Similarly UK papers, I can't imagine a single national broadsheet would give a rats arse what's happening in Thailand, though having said that I wouldn't put off anyone doing exactly what you suggested. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

In another way, I never ever thought they would get them passed. Just had a feeling. Too much competition by Red Cross and other high mucky mucks wanting the spot light.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Wouldn't you think that the Thai in other countries would have an easier time protesting out in the open at Thai Embassies in order to get some traction?

No, because if they really only care about money, then you hit them where it hurts. Bad publicity (in showing the simple truth) may result in other countries' lack of cooperation on other matters. Maybe Biden could have asked him while shaking the PM's hand? That will hurt them more than some protesters who might get into personal trouble or signatures that disappear in a bin.

The fact that they refuse a simple confirmation on something that benefits everyone is beyond comprehension.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe Biden could have asked him while shaking the PM's hand?

Biden probably has forgotten about it as senility is setting in (and I voted for him), and Big P was sort of star struck and knows the US will not say anything to hurt their foot in the door of relations. And if here thinks it as a shun then they will simply turn their kowtowing to the CCP again, or more. But at this point, any bad publicity is good publicity for the Thai.

15 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

They would bring the water cannons out Holy and threaten protesters with arrest's.

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Bob, this is the forum where we are, I come on here to while away a few minutes now and then, I'm no Greta Thunberg mark 2. Life is too short. However I believe online forums do gain traction, why do you think the COE was hastily scrapped ? 

As for home countries newspapers, most Americans couldn't pinpoint Asia on a map let alone Thailand and I would say less than 0.00001% would be interested. Similarly UK papers, I can't imagine a single national broadsheet would give a rats arse what's happening in Thailand, though having said that I wouldn't put off anyone doing exactly what you suggested. 

Of course there's a large proportion of people who don't care. They probably don't read a broadsheet either.

Check a few of them out. I don't focus on the US but Europe, and whether you look at UK, German, French, Dutch etc. newspapers, there's something about Thailand nearly every day and a lot is very critical.

With the government focusing on and overplaying good news stories here, I think having the truth on display in countries where that's allowed is a good start.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Biden probably has forgotten about it as senility is setting in (and I voted for him), and Big P was sort of star struck and knows the US will not say anything to hurt their foot in the door of relations. And if here thinks it as a shun then they will simply turn their kowtowing to the CCP again, or more. But at this point, any bad publicity is good publicity for the Thai.

Okay, then can stop moaning here too 😉

13 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

In another way, I never ever thought they would get them passed. Just had a feeling. Too much competition by Red Cross and other high mucky mucks wanting the spot light.

As I've said before there must have been at least a dozen Moderna arrival dates so far and ALL have come to nothing. They are valuable highly sought after commodities and there is no way high quality vaccines are going to find their way into the arms of mere mortals here. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

An increasing amount of solid expats has left Thailand in recent years, and this will increase. So, when families and friends are coming to visit, it wont bo on a ticket to Phuket. Thai gov. will eventually learn that there are excellent alternatives to the land of smiles. 

• Like 1