News Forum - “Joe Ferrari,” six other officers face charges for allegedly killing a suspect

Thaiger

The ex-police chief accused of suffocating a suspect to death during interrogation, and six of his subordinates allegedly involved in the incident, face four criminal charges including murder through torture. The former police station chief in the rural province Nakhon Sawan, Thitisan Uthanapol, allegedly placed plastic bags over a 24 year old drug suspect’s head and demanded a 2 million baht bribe. Video surveillance footage show police officers around a suspect. Bags were placed on the man’s head and officers beat the man as he fell to the ground, footage shows. Reports say the death was written off as drug […]

The story “Joe Ferrari,” six other officers face charges for allegedly killing a suspect as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Isuzu Joe should be more worried about the imported car scam than the single murder charge. He’ll plea bargain the murder to manslaughter if he can. The car scam though… he’ll get at least one charge per car and be sentenced to a cumulative total. So 100 cars x 2 years = 200 years non concurrent. That’s why credit card scammers get such long sentences in Thailand. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Isuzu Joe should be more worried about the imported car scam than the single murder charge. He’ll plea bargain the murder to manslaughter if he can. The car scam though… he’ll get at least one charge per car and be sentenced to a cumulative total. So 100 cars x 2 years = 200 years non concurrent. That’s why credit card scammers get such long sentences in Thailand. 

Murder is OK as it is custom to stitch up someone else for the crime, ingrained Thai culture, but credit card scammers ? well that really is criminal as the RTP are not cut in on it.

The young lady of the house said Black Bag Joe was chosen year’s ago to  auction off the cars that the Govt authorities confiscated(drug/corruption) while getting handsome commission’s ,for his troubles

Edited by riclag
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Isuzu Joe should be more worried about the imported car scam than the single murder charge.

You are confused. Joe was not importing car. He arrest imported car and get commission.

And accident kill the yaba dealer scum. He not want kill him.  
No need exaggeration this story because jealousy.

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You are confused. Joe was not importing car. He arrest imported car and get commission.

I'm confused. where did Fanta say he was importing cars and also how do you arrest imported car? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Seriously, who cares?  Oh yeah, the media.  Their lives and the governments inept attempts at them is a joke.  Will stories about him, boss, etc. ever end?  Probably not. 

• Like 2

This saga has been going on for quite a while now. Can only hope a proper course of investigation takes place. An open and transparent process. A process that is ironclad. I know there are those reading what I am saying and laughing. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Yinn said:

There you have it from a Thai. And accident kill the yaba dealer scum. 

We Farang have it all wrong again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Hi all,

The topic lends itself to a level of sarcasm. However make sure your sarcasm is directed at the subject of the topic and not other members.

Thanks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Could you clarify what they are jealous of please ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regardless of whether murder, torture or imported car scams the man is an officer of the law. I remember when a police commissioner called Pratin had an attempt to hammer bent cops. The words he used were even if police are poorly paid its no excuse to commit felonies when the lions share of the people they arrest are themselves poor.

Thitisan was caught red handed and the evidence is obviously damning. He should be locked up!!

I also can't help but praise the junior cops that had a moral obligation and stood up to their seniors actions. These lads are truly police officers and should be seen as such while Ferrari Joe be treated like the sorry MF he truly is. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I also can't help but praise the junior cops that had a moral obligation and stood up to their seniors actions. These lads are truly police officers and should be seen as such while Ferrari Joe be treated like the sorry MF he truly is. 

Hopefully these "honest" junior officers are being treated decently by fellow officers and Ferraris' mates haven't sent them to some god forsaken place. Thailand should be proud of these men.

Would love Thaiger (or any tv program) to get them on camera for an interview.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

Hopefully these "honest" junior officers are being treated decently by fellow officers and Ferraris' mates haven't sent them to some god forsaken place. Thailand should be proud of these men.

Would love Thaiger (or any tv program) to get them on camera for an interview.

Absolutely. With all the attention about what an evil c+nts Joe and his cronies are it would be refreshing to see good deeds rewarded rather than taken for granted.

My fears though are just as you said Palooka...how are they treated by their fellow cops. Many in society will see them as heroes but unfortunate bent cops may see them as rats.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

If he didn’t want to kill him then why did he have plastic bags put on his head and was being beaten as he fell to the floor?

The point is, that with the video evidence, this is an absolute clear cut case of murder and a whole host of other charges. In any normal country this would go through the court process and the bent cop would be in jail for 10-20 years. 

There is a a well known adage - The people get the police they deserve.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, palooka said:

There you have it from a Thai. And accident kill the yaba dealer scum. 

We Farang have it all wrong again.

That in a nutshell is the exact problem. I know Yinn thinks she is defending her country, but this is indefensible. You have to be able to admit there’s a problem before you can solve it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

That in a nutshell is the exact problem. I know Yinn thinks she is defending her country, but this is indefensible. You have to be able to admit there’s a problem before you can solve it. 

Its called facing up to reality, not a strong point for many

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

You are confused. Isuzu Joe killed a man and has been charged. He is also under investigation regarding the seizure and auction of imported cars. He will get more charges for that. 1 charge for each car so many more charges. 
I am not jealous of him. I do not pity him. He was your policeman. I pity you. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not care he kill the drug dealer. 

Did he kill him because he was a bad man.

No.

He killed him trying to extort money from him.

If the money had been forthcoming your super cop Joe would have let him carry on peddling his drugs on the Thai youth.

Wow what a good cop he is your hero Yinn...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Did he kill him because he was a bad man.

No.

He killed him trying to extort money from him.

If the money had been forthcoming your super cop Joe would have let him carry on peddling his drugs on the Thai youth.

Wow what a good cop he is your hero Yinn...

Er, I not say he my hero. 

I say I not care he kill drug dealer. 

A bit different than say “Ferrari Joe is my hero” 

You care.
Is drug dealer your hero? 

I really not care. Why you care? 

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

I know Yinn thinks she is defending her country, but this is indefensible.

What??? Defending my country? From who? 

Maybe you can start protest “Drug dealer life matter”.
I think you will be lonely. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Er, I not say he my hero. 

I say I not care he kill drug dealer. 

A bit different than say “Ferrari Joe is my hero” 

You care.
Is drug dealer your hero? 

I really not care. Why you care? 

I care because every decent human being should care when a corrupt ruthless so called Police man, kills another person not because he is a drug dealer but because he wants money to cover up the crime.

What he did makes him worse than the dealer and your defence of him does you no credit with any right minded person...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

What??? Defending my country? From who? 

Maybe you can start protest “Drug dealer life matter”.
I think you will be lonely. 

Your so wrong on so many levels..

• Like 3