International rugby

Soloman

22 hours ago, Soloman said:

Don’t mind Wallabies losing to Scotland and it will more than make up for it if we can beat England. Beating England and Kiwis in anything is an Aussie thing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Aussies certainly lift against England in any sport, that’s for sure. I remember back in 2003, Wayne Rooney made his debut against Australia and the Socceroos won 3-1! 

I remember 2003 and a famous RUFC world cup victory against................ooohh who was it against? With a South African referee who made us sweat for it.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Soloman said:

Really? Australia beat England in soccer???? That would be the equivalent of England beating Oz in Aussie Rules.  Not in my life time 🤣🤣🤣

Yes it really did happen, but the Aussies had some decent players in the team including Viduka and Kewell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/england/2754993.stm

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I remember 2003 and a famous RUFC world cup victory against................ooohh who was it against? With a South African referee who made us sweat for it.

Erased the football defeat Poolie, erased it.

4 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Yes it really did happen, but the Aussies had some decent players in the team including Viduka and Kewell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/england/2754993.stm

Schwarzer, Neil and Laziridis as well. The other six, no idea. On paper an absolute shocker when you look at the line-ups. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Schwarzer, Neil and Laziridis as well. The other six, no idea. On paper an absolute shocker when you look at the line-ups. 

Don't remember Neil. The other two I recall playing for Fulham and Wet Sham Schwarzer I think played into his 40's in the PL, so obviously no mug.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Don't remember Neil. The other two I recall playing for Fulham and Wet Sham Schwarzer I think played into his 40's in the PL, so obviously no mug.

Neill captained your least favorite team at some point I think. Played for Blackburn and Everton as well.

44 minutes ago, Soloman said:

Really? Australia beat England in soccer???? That would be the equivalent of England beating Oz in Aussie Rules.  Not in my life time 🤣🤣🤣

Strange things happen Soloman. Australia has beaten England at football and England has beaten Australia at rugby league. Both highly improbable, but it has happened 😁

Rugby and Cricket more of a level playing field.

Good morning from Cyprus.  I wish it is such a good morning for Wallabies fans but alas it’s anything but good news with injuries taking out two of our best props.  Eddie Jones is licking his chops to make it 8 straight wins which looks almost a certainty now.  Without a competitive Tight Five I’m expecting Wallabies to give away penalties like Santa Claus with lollies.  When u are up the creek without a paddle, all u can do is pray for a miracle.  Talking about miracles,  my Thai Pass came through this morning, 6 hours short of the 48 hrs outside my departure. All going well, Khao San here I come 16/11/21 and about time to as the days are getting too short over here.  Cheers, Ed 

England and Ireland pulled off wins against the Aussies and All Blacks, while the Springboks knocked off Scotland to prevent a northern hemisphere clean sweep. 

Good to see Japan bounce back with a 38-25 win over Portugal. Scotland next, let’s keep it under 50 points lads.

A piece of rugby history was written with the defeat of the mighty ABs by Ireland on the weekend.  It was not just that Ireland beat the ABs but how convincingly they did that.  I need to have another look at this game in full but what I recall is that they beat the ABs in every aspect of the game.  This is a huge blow to the ABs and I wonder if we are seeing the change of guards after how many years of AB domination.   I missed the Wallabies England game altogether but maybe just as well.  With two of our best props injured I feared a slaughter.  Turned out to be closer on paper any way.  Finally, great to see Boks beating Scotland to avoid a whitewash by the Northern Hemisphere Nations.  Ireland, you are indeed a Giant Killer.  

• Like 2

Australia lost three on the trot… I don’t know what to say, other than “what’s going on?”. Lucky the All Blacks had Italy on their itinerary, otherwise they might’ve lost all three as well.

Japan did really well in their last game, going down 29-20 to Scotland.

I cannot argue the fact that Wallabies lost to Scotland by one point and also to Wale by the same.  What I can take heart in is the way they lost and if you watched the entire tow games closely, you will understand what I’m saying.  Losing or winning is an outcome and as we all know in most sports, the referee or umpire can make a difference.  Wallabies played well I thought even if they did not come up with the wins.  That’s all we can ask for and they delivered.  This 2021 N hemisphere series I think will go down in rugby history as the turning point in the AB domination of world rugby.  Indeed, it is now widely reported that it is the demise of the S hemisphere and the recent form of Ireland, England and France in both men and women competition point that way. I think this is a good thing for rugby that tall poppies can be cut down.  Not sure my Kiwi and SA mates can see the merit of what I’m saying but they better get used to it.  Forget the winning and losing stuff, enjoy how it is won and lost.  

• Like 1

I don't usually comment on Refs. It is part of the game. But the performance of the Ref in the Wales vs Australia test is seriously bad and inconsistent. Have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DG-xOktJrg

Now I don't necessarily agree that the ref should have seen all the infringements, but come on, seriously....is this the standard of world rugby refereeing?

I spotted some of these in the live play. What was the AR and the TMO doing as well. The red card was not a send off offence in anyway. And the deliberate knock downs should never, ever be a penalty. That rules needs to be changed.

I will say that on the weight of evidence, playing most of the game with 14 men and once 13, if that is the only way Wales can win, then they are in trouble. Extra great effort by the Wallabies.

Referring must just improve. This is the worst example of I have ever seen from an International Ref.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I don't usually comment on Refs. It is part of the game. But the performance of the Ref in the Wales vs Australia test is seriously bad and inconsistent. Have a look at this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DG-xOktJrg

Now I don't necessarily agree that the ref should have seen all the infringements, but come on, seriously....is this the standard of world rugby refereeing?

I spotted some of these in the live play. What was the AR and the TMO doing as well. The red card was not a send off offence in anyway. And the deliberate knock downs should never, ever be a penalty. That rules needs to be changed.

I will say that on the weight of evidence, playing most of the game with 14 men and once 13, if that is the only way Wales can win, then they are in trouble. Extra great effort by the Wallabies.

Referring must just improve. This is the worst example of I have ever seen from an International Ref.

That was a pretty rough video to watch.

As a ref you need eyes in the back of your head because there are infringements going on all over the place but some of those decisions were complete howlers even after being reviewed by the TMO.

I suspect the assistant referee was far less inclined to come on the pitch after he was ignored the first time.

In my experience the best refs are the ones constantly telling the players what they are doing wrong and they know they need to fix it before getting back into the game.

I didnt hear that ref calling out once.

The fact he is an ex Scotland player just makes it even worse for me. Sorry guys. 

• Like 2

England Fan but Jones is detestable. That stupid clown grin…..Left it two years too late to change out the Saracens Old Guard. Playing proper attacking possession fast rugby only after the rule changes and injuries forced him to pick younger better quicker fitter players. fails to start with the best team in correct positions. SA Denied a landslide win against England by poor kicking ( 8 points lost) , denied two clear penalty tries from England Off Feet ( 10-14 points stolen), denied minimum three England Yellow Cards ( penalty tries not given & props knees on floor), another probable 7 points lost); incredibly poor & biased anti- SA referee. All in that You Tube Video. Similar for Wales. Sickening to realise how much better SA were even after four months on tour…..Those NH Refs should never officiate at top level again. Admittedly, Rugby now is SO technical & fast, humans & tech just cant keep up……

• Like 1

For me the refereeing of the Boks England game did not stand out as a major feature as it did in the Wales Wallabies game.  Hate to say it but Pollard squandered too many penalty opportunities with an uncharacteristic kicking performance.  What stood out too was the domination of the Bok forwards esp in the second half when the bench on both sides were brought in.  England I thought was outstanding and thoroughly deserved the win.  That young 10 had the most amazing boot and sent up a continuous stream of seriously high balls giving the chasers every opportunity to win them.  Last but not least was that outstanding display of attacking rugby by the young French side against the ABs.  Any side that can beat the ABs should be congratulated but what was quite unbelievable is how convincingly both Ireland and France beat the ABs.   This series has been great for rugby marred unfortunately by some very controversial refereeing calls which to be fair were exceptions rather than the rule.  That’s my two bobs worth 👍

• Like 1