News Forum - PM says Thailand will step up fight against climate change

Thaiger

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Some wonderful way the farang say Thailand can fix the world problem. Thankyou. We must listen to the farang. Sorry we hurt your world so much. 

31C89CAE-02CF-4FF6-913C-425A6840DF43.png

Yinn, I don't think those comments are meant in condescending way. 

They are true though.

How's your son, are you getting enough sleep?

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Recycling would be a good place to start. The country is drowning in plastic, as are so many others. Single use plastic bottles and containers, top of the list.

Where you from Jason? 

78354676-8D05-4BFE-9F22-F0E2B7A23551.jpeg

86F70FEF-4EA8-434F-BAFE-E0881884EFF9.jpeg

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

Yinn, I don't think those comments are meant in condescending way. 

They are true though.

How's your son, are you getting enough sleep?

☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Good morning Faraday. He is fine thankyou. And you?

Enough sleep, but not more than 3 hours. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Where you from Jason? 

78354676-8D05-4BFE-9F22-F0E2B7A23551.jpeg

86F70FEF-4EA8-434F-BAFE-E0881884EFF9.jpeg

Or this one where Thailand ranks number 5 in the world for dumping plastic waste in the ocean which is more prudent when it comes to being harmful then just quoting waste produced as most of those countries recycle it causing less harm 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2021/06/22/ranked-the-top-10-countries-that-dump-the-most-plastic-into-the-ocean

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Some wonderful way the farang say Thailand can fix the world problem. Thankyou. We must listen to the farang. Sorry we hurt your world so much. 

31C89CAE-02CF-4FF6-913C-425A6840DF43.png

Come on Yinn they give lip service to fixing the burn offs every year. Chiang Mai in particular chokes on the ash and smoke.  They bring out fire hoses to spray water on the air to clean it. Solutions like this show your leaders to be incompetent and clueless as to how to fix the problem.

All countries need to help to fix the problem, we live here also so please excuse us Farangs for commenting on the quality of the air we breathe.  Yes our own countries have problems but we don't live there, many don't agree with the policies of those Governments either.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Think these two were chatting about climate change and lip service.

Haha noo way, the only try to something that was close to English or any other western language, I have ever heard from the Thai representative [i.e. the so called "elected" PM] is when he tried to pronounce the different Covid vaccines. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

All countries need to help to fix the problem, we live here also so please excuse us Farangs for commenting on the quality of the air we breathe.  Yes our own countries have problems but we don't live there

Maybe your province have problems but I don’t live there. IMO is that hypocritical for the biggest polluters (farangs) to tell Thais how we must do. Ridiculous. Same the covid advice.
Pfffft. 
farangs pollute the most, have/spead covid the most, then complain about Thais? Should be the other way, but Thailand too polite. Just smile and think “Are they crazy? They look the mirror or not””

And not sure why farangs want to live in CM if they hate it??????

Meanwhile in Ranong.... the trees complaining because not enough carbon dioxide. They can not breath, choking. 

8678AE7F-4988-424E-9F55-B87E96EBEFA3.jpeg

• Like 1

This COP was a joke, when you listen to Biden, Macron, Boris, ... it is the "who announces the most game"

Looking forward to have a breathable air in Bangkok !!

Reply to @Yinn

Farang Covid advice is Pffftt so I guess you have gone with Sinovac. Good luck there.

Where did Covid start, China - Oh China not Farang.

Where first case of Covid outside China - Oh Thailand.

How many Farangs burn sugar in Thailand every year -Oh none

How many Farangs drive cars and trucks that belch out clouds of smoke - Oh none.

How many Farang live Ranong to kill the trees with their polluting ways or is it Thais that are killing the trees with their polluting ways.

Why do Thais hate the rains coming from China so much, wouldn't be the chemicals they bring would it?

Why do you come on a Farang Forum if you hate Farang so much? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ted said:

Haha noo way, the only try to something that was close to English or any other western language, I have ever heard from the Thai representative [i.e. the so called "elected" PM] is when he tried to pronounce the different Covid vaccines. 

Well sure as hell then him pronouncing ivermectin would give the other delegates one hell of a laugh.😂

22 minutes ago, Pi_Tim said:

This COP was a joke, when you listen to Biden, Macron, Boris, ... it is the "who announces the most game"

Looking forward to have a breathable air in Bangkok !!

Buying a portable respirator then? 555555

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Maybe your province have problems but I don’t live there. IMO is that hypocritical for the biggest polluters (farangs) to tell Thais how we must do. Ridiculous. Same the covid advice.
Pfffft. 
farangs pollute the most, have/spead covid the most, then complain about Thais? Should be the other way, but Thailand too polite. Just smile and think “Are they crazy? They look the mirror or not””

And not sure why farangs want to live in CM if they hate it??????

Meanwhile in Ranong.... the trees complaining because not enough carbon dioxide. They can not breath, choking. 

8678AE7F-4988-424E-9F55-B87E96EBEFA3.jpeg

Hi Yinn

The fact remains we are all guilty no matter how much. I agree with you in that the larger the nation the more garbage it produces. Its shocking to think that nations like the US, Canada, China, Japan, EU countries etc ship tonnes of waste to other poorer countries. This more me is the hypocrisy.

An embarrassment to many is the lack of recycling. Lots of talk little action. My home is also guilty of this.

Thailand is also a polluter but it is up to all of us. Many of my Thai friends are in agreement. 

With all the finger pointing the solution remains not how much or how little we pollute but how we can all get rid of it.

The politicians love to meet and talk of how to fix problems but it is the scientists and general populace that will do the fixing.

• Like 1

tv = tell a "vision", in the world and for decades,
but some people per country, not much, i hope,
still "believe" what those speakers say.

and governments, not care about life of millions /billions of people,
but those, want to help now ?
after they made, millions of people, poor and depressed, by lockdowns,
just in the last 1-2 years.

Edited by Smithydog
Unnecessary shading removed

38 minutes ago, palooka said:

Reply to @Yinn

Farang Covid advice is Pffftt so I guess you have gone with Sinovac. Good luck there.

yes, Thankyou I not have covid. It successful for me. 

Not have blood stroke from AstreaZ

And not have Pfizer MRA? technology. Need more test.

Most of the world death from covid is farang. Highest death rates. 

yes, Thailand first to test for covid out of China. But now know it in Italy, etc before that. 
No test, no case situation. 

Farangs eat lot of sugar. Fatty. Not like chilli much.

Farang country’s burn sugar cane same where have high humidity. 

eg Australia etc etc

https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/news-and-media/general-news/sugar-cane-burning-in-northern-nsw

The Thai not do it there, the farang do it. 

How many Farangs drive cars and trucks that belch out clouds of smoke - Oh none.

not true.

Many farang country have high CC engine. For what?  Thailand tax system reduce a lot that problem.

How many Farang live Ranong to kill the trees with their polluting ways or is it Thais that are killing the trees with their polluting ways.

er, Ranong is 53% forest. And your country? 

Why do Thais hate the rains coming from China so much, wouldn't be the chemicals they bring would it?

Ranong the rain most in Thailand. From Indian Ocean monsoon season. I not hate the rain from China. I never think that,
you not like China right?

I thought is Thailand forum. THAIger Not  FARANGer

i not hate farang. But boring to listen to stupid Thaibashing when you people make most of the world pollution. I can thaibash if you really want, but for this topic it would be fake.

The map I share with you show that most CO2 come from farang countrys. Please look the fact. That why Greta angry.

Have something else?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Yep, the climate changes... and were going to change that?

Weren't the polar caps supposed to be all melted and all the coastlines supposed to be flooded by now? 

I believe that is "work in progress" !

• Like 1

Just read elsewhere that President Biden has left the COP26 conference in Scotland. It was a 21 car motorcade to Airforce one. Good job the climate control conference had an no effect on his conscience.

13 minutes ago, gummy said:

Just read elsewhere that President Biden has left the COP26 conference in Scotland. It was a 21 car motorcade to Airforce one. Good job the climate control conference had an no effect on his conscience.

Not to mention a maskless President in a group of other unmasked people shaking hands after he talks about the populace not complying. Great job I imagine that global warming is now solved.  Lets go Brandon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

Not to mention a maskless President in a group of other unmasked people shaking hands after he talks about the populace not complying. Great job I imagine that global warming is now solved.  Lets go Brandon.

I tried to search the web to find if Greta Thunberg has arrived yet on her bicycle but nothing reported so guess she has more problems than the worlds climate to think about, that North Sea can be bloody dangerous on a pedalo this time of year.

Actually, 95% of the sugar cane produced in Australia comes from North Queensland, where the nightly cane fires are a thing of the past. When I lived in Sugar Cane producing areas in the 1990s, cane fires were already a rare occurrence as farmers had generally moved to harvesting green cane.

The change produced numerous benefits aside from the reduction in negative effects on the atmosphere. One was that the CCS (Commercial Cane Sugar) value in the harvested sugar remained at a higher level for longer, especially compared to the rapid reduction that happens in burnt cane. This presented far better financial returns per crop.

https://www.tropicaltours.com.au/sugar-cane-harvesting-tropical-north-queensland/

Often other rewards can be identified either in the short or long term from revising practices seen as negative towards climate or environmental issues.

Discovered and proven practices in one country can help another and never should be discounted by anyone from anywhere, especially on the back of inferred racial undertones.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gummy said:

I tried to search the web to find if Greta Thunberg has arrived yet on her bicycle but nothing reported so guess she has more problems than the worlds climate to think about, that North Sea can be bloody dangerous on a pedalo this time of year.

I think she's still nackered after the canoeing jaunt. She needs to catch her breathe before reading the next scripted rant.

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Reply to @Yinn

Palooka..its a forum for all of us. Global warming is "Global" as is pollution, over population etc etc. 

We all have a guilt and contribute to a dirty world. It's up to all of us to fix it.

5 hours ago, gummy said:

Think these two were chatting about climate change and lip service.

FB_IMG_1635893719376.jpg

Haha not a clue.. 'prat'  can't speak English! 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, gummy said:

That motorcade is small in comparison to his visit to Vatican City for an audience with the Pope (en route to Glasgow). He had a 54 car motorcade. Over 100 private jets flew their delegates to COP plus the likes of Bill Gates who travelled thousands of Kilometres on his yacht. What a load of hypocrites.

• Like 1

Just now, Guevara said:

That motorcade is small in comparison to his visit to Vatican City for an audience with the Pope (en route to Glasgow). He had a 54 car motorcade. Over 100 private jets flew their delegates to COP plus the likes of Bill Gates who travelled thousands of Kilometres on his yacht. What a load of hypocrites.

Of course they all are really. On a side note his audience with the Pope went very well apparently as it was suggested Biden passed the first step to Sainthood  as the Pope classed it as a miracle he got elected.