Latest covid related position in Chiang Rai

Soloman

Hi,  what is the latest position in Chiang Rai please? I’m planning to arrive around 29/11/21 and be around for possibly a month with some side trips to the hills on a Honda Wave.  Thanks, Ed 

Not sure if that's what you are asking...still in the red (not dark red). No alcohol served in restaurants, legally anyway. Gatherings allowed up to 200 people.

I've been in and out of Chiang Rai city almost daily. Commerce is bustling, but restaurants are suffering badly.

Thanks Bob, at least the restaurants, shops, cafes, fresh market, etc are open.  Hanging out for some noodle soup and khao Mu after nearly two years Covid enforced break.  

I've been doing a lot of driving in rural areas outside Chiang Rai city. I've observed, like most places, that as you make it further away from the population center, certain policies are more reasonable. As in, you can have a normal lunch at a roadside stand with a normal lunchtime beverage.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Bob and everyone in Chiang Rai.  Just got my Travel Pass approved today 6 hrs away from having to reschedule my flight.  Certainly cut it extra fine!  I’m just over the moon.  The days here in Cyprus has just got a lot shorter in the last week and cooler too.  Looking forward to coming to Thailand even if it is still a bit wet?  Cheers, Ed

Me again.  I see that Chiang Rai is one of the Red Zones.  As a Test N Go visitor, double vaccinated from one of the 63 approved countries, I understand I can come to Chiang Rai.  Can someone confirm this please.  Thanks, Ed