Thailand Pass registration

Just print it, or even have it only on your phone. It simply contains a QR code that you'll need to show when requested.

Regarding the waiting time: They say up to 7 days. But if you get no confirmation you don't know if they received the form. They did in my case - multiple times, and I did not get a confirmation, but that doesn't necessarily mean they get every form you don't get a confirmation for. So maybe wait some more hours and then try filling the form again?

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

You expected approval in less than a day ? Why ?

It says everywhere allow 7 days

I'm upset because my embassy told me 10 days ago that if I travel on Nov 2nd, I need to wait for the Thailand Pass, for which I can register on Nov 1st. I'm not expecting a system to approve me in 1 day, but if the embassy tells me that is what I need to do, I go for it.

I now was denied boarding today because I have not yet received the QR code, having all the necessary documents printed out at the gate. Embassy can't do anything, process is centralized at Thai government.

Rebooked my flights for Thursday and just praying that I get my confirmation until then. No idea what to do in the meantime.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spyrowins said:

I'm upset because my embassy told me 10 days ago that if I travel on Nov 2nd, I need to wait for the Thailand Pass, for which I can register on Nov 1st. I'm not expecting a system to approve me in 1 day, but if the embassy tells me that is what I need to do, I go for it.

I now was denied boarding today because I have not yet received the QR code, having all the necessary documents printed out at the gate. Embassy can't do anything, process is centralized at Thai government.

Rebooked my flights for Thursday and just praying that I get my confirmation until then. No idea what to do in the meantime.

Shit, it sounds like you had a really bad day! I think we have flooded the system yesterday with immensely more applications than it would have been normal already because of the error. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out by Thursday. And thanks for the report on your experience at the gate today.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, spyrowins said:

Sorry to hear that, I'm in the same boat and spending another week in Turkey after Turkish Air cancelled my flight to Phuket, I buggered off to the coast today and sipping wine as we speak. I hope you get it sorted, give it a week and it should smooth out. I have not rebooked yet but aiming for the 10th and have applied for the pass, lets see.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, spyrowins said:

Fair enough. Which embassy ? Whilst I appreciate the total incompetence of the thai govt isn't helping, it seem embassies across the world are worse than useless.

It's poor that you can't provide the 4 pieces of paper at check in that you have to upload to Thailand Pass - but I guess their argument would be they would be easy to fake.

Thursday is probably still tight, still not 7 days. What probably isn't going to help you is all the people entering multiple applications because they didn't receive a response after 8 seconds ! Everyone needs to take a deep breath and let them get on with it !

13 hours ago, spyrowins said:

Interesting fact is, that the Thai Embassy in Austria told a different story. They said do the COE until Thailand Pass was available, and that COEs issued before Thailand Pass availability would still be valid. I know that doesn't help you and I totally understand you're upset - I'd be the same ;-). I think the problem is pretty simple: All those changes came on very short notice for everybody. Embassies did maybe not all have correct information, or there was a misunderstanding ... The new Thailand Pass is way easier then the COE process - in every perspective. From a technical point of view building up a new online registration system for hundreds of thousands tourists every month is a job for a quite some weeks or even months, and yet they put a new system (with a lot of bugs) online in just 2 or 3 weeks. From my point of view, the embassies and the technical team building the new registration website are not the ones to blaim for the current mess. I think the problem was the short time frame everybody had to change everything. On the other hand: Would they have had more time for the changes, everybody would have complained why Thailand reopens, a new system is announced and then it takes 1 or 2 months before it comes live.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:41 AM, maros said:

same here , dont know what to do…

I finally found yesterday that when I do not fill the 1st Dose form (leave it totally empty) and move to the 2nd dose form and select Janssen then the 1st dose table disappears and it works !!! Now I wait to see if my second application is accepted or not ... 

• Like 1

2 days after confirmation and still no approval. But when I think about it. it might also have to do with I applied for sandbox and got API error, and then applied for exemption one, so the people on the other side is confused

Edited by Linuyu

5 minutes ago, Linuyu said:

BTW does anyone know if you apply for "Test and Go" pass (not the sandbox one), and go to Phuket, do you still need to do the PCR test at airport as it's a sandbox requirement?

You can do "Test and Go" only in Bangkok, as far as I know. In Phuket it is still minimum 7 days Sandbox.

47 minutes ago, Lion said:

You can do "Test and Go" only in Bangkok, as far as I know. In Phuket it is still minimum 7 days Sandbox.

I search around and it seems with "Test and Go" you can travel to Phuket as well but you need a PCR test upon arrival no matter what. Sandbox is now mostly for country not on the exemption list.

Hi all, 

Just to address a recurring  concern when one get the "Success" pop-up but doesn't get the confirmation email.  I applied (multiple times actually) with my regular french  ...@hotmail.fr email without getting a confirmation while my friend with a xxx@gmail.com  got his at the first shot.

So I tried with another ...@gmail.com email on mine and , miracle ! I recieved instantly a confirmation AND the approval !!

My guess is there is a sort of email check that went wrong with my local french email address , or it's just a coincidence, who knows...??

Hi All....

As soon as the system went live I dropped in an had a few sporadic failures, but after a few tries, I've successfully applied (got the green box saying submitted successfully), that was Sunday, and my travel is booked for tomorrow night. I haven't gotten any confirmation, and I haven't gotten my approval???? What to do!!!????

By they way, I have since reapplied just to check any confirmation email receipt and didn't get any confirmation despite registering three times.

The COE system (I used it in July) worked well and at least you could go in and confirm and update the system. The pass system lacks this and seems flaky. Regardless I am super stressed on my travel now!

any insight is appreciated

14 hours ago, Mohred said:

Hi all, 

Just to address a recurring  concern when one get the "Success" pop-up but doesn't get the confirmation email.  I applied (multiple times actually) with my regular french  ...@hotmail.fr email without getting a confirmation while my friend with a xxx@gmail.com  got his at the first shot.

So I tried with another ...@gmail.com email on mine and , miracle ! I recieved instantly a confirmation AND the approval !!

My guess is there is a sort of email check that went wrong with my local french email address , or it's just a coincidence, who knows...??

Just curious: did you get your approval instantly?

So we uploaded all our docs after converting them into jpeg. However the insurance document with our converted into jpeg 4 and 44 pages long you can only upload 1 page. I go in 12 days time I hope this glitch is either fixed or they accept the one page I selected as to be the most pertinent one for their purposes works. It’d be so much easier to upload the original pdf documents….

AXA Thailand offer a one page certificate. You can get to it by clicking on the link from thaiembassy.com, first page. You'll probably need other insurance as well tho.

Myself and my partner have both sent through two applications. Both times at the same time, twice I have received a confirmation email almost immediately however my partner is still yet to review any confirmation 48 hours later. Has anybody else experienced this?

1 hour ago, Twoticketsrequired said:

Myself and my partner have both sent through two applications. Both times at the same time, twice I have received a confirmation email almost immediately however my partner is still yet to review any confirmation 48 hours later. Has anybody else experienced this?

Maybe try a different email? as one poster mentioned his .fr account was not accepted but .com was? I had no issue with gmail to submit it, but 2 days later no confirmation. Bit stressing as in leaving next week... 

On 11/3/2021 at 1:02 PM, Tjampman said:

I don't agree with this at all, I thought the COE process was simple enough, neither more difficult or easy, it is pretty much the same infomation and documents that are required - the only real difference is that on Thailand Pass (on day 3!!!) you still cannot upload pdf's - Which in my book actually makes that site 10 times worse!

And for some reason they messed up the date format!

I just spend an hour trying to convert my documents to jpg. GIMP was helpful for the single page documents, but the 3 page insurance was a hassle for me to convert... But was easy enough when I discovered I could do that in LibreOffice Draw.

For anyone else who has this issue, just take a pic of all your documents with your phone - they will be jpg then upload them in seconds.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 11:55 AM, Linuyu said:

2 days after confirmation and still no approval. But when I think about it. it might also have to do with I applied for sandbox and got API error, and then applied for exemption one, so the people on the other side is confused

I would say no - as I and some others have got the approval instantly, by this I mean seconds, it is surely an automated process ? But then if it was why would they say allow 7 days ? - so until someone can clarify exactly what happens the 'other side' everyone has to guess !

3 hours ago, Daveb said:

So we uploaded all our docs after converting them into jpeg. However the insurance document with our converted into jpeg 4 and 44 pages long you can only upload 1 page. I go in 12 days time I hope this glitch is either fixed or they accept the one page I selected as to be the most pertinent one for their purposes works. It’d be so much easier to upload the original pdf documents….

You will only need the part that shows amounts of cover and that it includes Covid.

For anyone else, and I'm not plugging them but this is going to be of use, I went with AXA who send you a ONE page document which very clearly states all the cover incl 3.5m general cover AND specifies in block capitals that it meets the 100k Covid requirement for entry to Thailand. It only cost me 2,770 for 30 day cover and that swept through. I would go with them if you're not wanting issues. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VistingThailandAgain said:

Hi All....

As soon as the system went live I dropped in an had a few sporadic failures, but after a few tries, I've successfully applied (got the green box saying submitted successfully), that was Sunday, and my travel is booked for tomorrow night. I haven't gotten any confirmation, and I haven't gotten my approval???? What to do!!!????

By they way, I have since reapplied just to check any confirmation email receipt and didn't get any confirmation despite registering three times.

The COE system (I used it in July) worked well and at least you could go in and confirm and update the system. The pass system lacks this and seems flaky. Regardless I am super stressed on my travel now!

any insight is appreciated

It didn't open until Monday and you've posted that only 2 days later - but they did say allow 7 days.

When I saw the 7 day requirement I immediately put my flights back by a week to give myself more breathing space. Most airlines now will let you change free of charge due to Covid. It sounds like more people should be taking advantage of that.

Like lots of you I'm sure I've been digging into other sites on this. Nothing conclusive but I'm wondering if the lucky winners took the trouble to paste a jpg of the QR codes on their vax certs into boxes 2 and 4.

Two thoughts. The application website encourages you to do that, saying it will make things quicker. From the horse's mouth so to speak.

Second, layout. First thing they ask for is passport. Very logical: no point in the officer reading further if you're blacklisted anyway. Officer then turns to page 2, vax record. His computer scans the barcodes in boxes 2 and 4 and - this is the important point - receives instant confirmation _from the applicant's givernnent_ that the cert is legit.

That leaves the officer with hotel booked or not, and insurance bought or not. Secondary stuff.

What we may be dealing with here is a classic example of flow.

Disclaimer : I'm just speculating aloud here. All I know is that if I have to apply yet again, a crop of my vax cert will go straight in.

• Like 1

I need help so I am reaching out to all the Thailand Vloggers whom I follow and to other sources. I need travel medical insurance to meet the requirements of the Thailand Pass ($50K US which includes COVID coverage).  I have been told that there is an official list of providers of this insurance and I have been told that there is no list.  I have been told that the provider must be a Thai company and I have been told that it can be from any provider anywhere in the world.  I have been told to use AXA insurance company but they do not insure travelers over 75 years of age.  I’m 76.  If you can direct me to a place to get accurate, up to date, and complete information, I will be most thankful.

MikeV, I'm sorry that my last paragraph wasn't as well expressed as it could have been. My bad. I am not planning to do anything until I hear back from TP one way or the other. If I'm rejected I will apply again, following my own advice. Others must do as they think fit but I heartily agree with your comment.

• Like 1