Vaccinations for foreigners living in Thailand

David

Where are the vaccination venues for foreigners living in Nakhon Ratchasima   [korat]  , tel no's and what documents are required to register for the vaccine .

HI David and welcome to TT

Unfortunately I don't think you will find any easy answers to your question. I think many are wondering the same.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-government-calls-on-all-foreigners-to-register-for-covid-vaccine

I am linking you an article The Thaiger recently posted, and depending on your situation the can be different agencies to contact in your province.

[quote]For instance, vaccinations for diplomats, members of international organisations, and foreign media are coordinated by the Foreign Ministry. Foreign students are under the responsibility of the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. Migrant workers from neighbouring countries are taken care of by the Social Security Office. Spouses of Thai citizens, retirees, investors, and all other foreign nationals are advised to contact the hospital with their health record or make an on-site registration at designated vaccination venues. Businesses and organisations can also liaise with the Ministry of Public Health to organise vaccination schedules for their employees, regardless of their nationalities[/quote]

Perhaps it will be come clearer as we get along with the vaccinations in Thailand, but if you push ahead and discover some way to get in line please post of your progress so others can learn.

• Like 2

@David@Tjampman

Hi, David and sorry I missed your post, earlier . . . I'm still getting used to the multi-facetted system!

And thanks, Tjampman, for doing your best to answer D's queries, though your link to yesterday's call for inoc'ns only gives a general advice for all those considering registration. As per normal, sadly, this regime is seldom capable of providing the crucial answers to the many questions it enjoys raising.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both, TJ i did see that post.This regime is  beyond me,they urge all foreigners living in Thailand to register but give no details at all its shocking . I have found the  2 vaccination venues for nakhon ratchasima from the  bangkok post.

1 is the mall   3000 a day 

2 central plaza   6000 a day

No details given on documentation  required ,as usual this could all change 

David

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a regular checkup with my Cardiologist in Ubon Ratchathani 2 weeks ago. We were talking about vaccines in Australia and Thailand whilst waiting for my test results (all good!).

His comments were interesting. He said that he had been given 2 doses of one of the Chinese made vaccines (can't recall the name he said), however as a Doctor, he had concerns about its efficacy simply as it apparently lacked widespread published results. 

As my medical records were at that hospital, I asked about registering and he had no idea and hadn't been briefed yet. He did mention that he has been told that the group the hospital is part of intends to purchase the Pfizer Vaccine when allowed and provide paid vaccine options to those who want it. He also mentioned that he didn't see the vaccines for the paid option arriving before October at the earliest.

He also said that Ubon Ratchathani is low priority for vaccine supply, due to the low level of Covid-19 cases in the Province.

I emailed the hospital and also sent in a contact form asking about registering but to date have had no reply. I'll let you know what I hear, if anything. 

Originally the advice was to register via the Mor Prom App, which relied on a 9 digit Thai ID number, but if as a foreigner you hadn't registered your details at an Amphoe to obtain the Yellow house book and Thai ID card for foreigners, then you couldn't register via that App. The Government then announced setting up a further App exclusively for foreigners to register, but the idea quickly ended up in the waste disposal bin, along with the Mor Prom App.

Individual Provinces then set up there own form of registration. In my particular Province that was to contact the Poo Yai Baan (village head), a local Health center, or the local Government hospital.
The wife gave my details (name, telephone number and 9 digit Thai ID) to our Poo Yai Baan and a week later I received an official appointment letter for my first AZ jab on 15th June.
The official public roll out of the vaccine program was launched on 7th June and ended on 14th June when they ran out of vaccines. I have now been offered an alternative date, but they are unable to confirm which vaccine it will be.

I declined the kind offer until I can be assured it will be the AZ vaccine.
The Sinovac isn't approved for +60 and those with existing health conditions, but in there haste to now vaccinate as many as possible, as soon as possible, the rule book may go out the window - be warned.

• Cool 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Smithydog said:

His comments were interesting. He said that he had been given 2 doses of one of the Chinese made vaccines (can't recall the name he said), however as a Doctor, he had concerns about its efficacy simply as it apparently lacked widespread published results. 

That would be the Sinovac vaccine.

It's receiving a lot of adverse publicity recently due to unusually large numbers experiencing severe side effects, plus it's now being reported as having a low efficiency rate against the Delta strain. Thailand appears to have made this it's main vaccine for use on the majority of Thais and they could face further problems if reports are accurate.

28 minutes ago, Faz said:

That would be the Sinovac vaccine.

It's receiving a lot of adverse publicity recently due to unusually large numbers experiencing severe side effects, plus it's now being reported as having a low efficiency rate against the Delta strain. Thailand appears to have made this it's main vaccine for use on the majority of Thais and they could face further problems if reports are accurate.

What side effects in what numbers? Who is reporting that its got a low efficiency against the Delta strain? There's a lot of people inoculated with Sinovac that will want your answers.  Make sure you supply them.

9 student nurses experience side effects from Sinovac vaccine | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Thailand sticks with Sinovac vaccine after cases of 'stroke-like' side effects | Reuters

Death, Disability Among Side Effects of Chinese COVID-19 Vaccines, Leaked Documents Reveal | BioSpace

Just Google 'Deaths from Sinovac Thailand'

It's certainly given Thais the jitters. The wife's friends Boss had his second Sinovac vaccination two weeks ago, went into convulsions within 2 minutes, rushed to ICU and died the following day. Of course the cause of death could be completely unrelated and just a coincidence (of which there appear to be more than a few), but nobody is going to convince his family otherwise.

China Vaccines Questioned After Virus Surges in Countries Using Them (businessinsider.com)

So nine people with short term effects is all you have, all now completely healthy.

Thank you. It needed saying,

Thaiger, there needs to be rules addressing this matter. Now.

Edited by Poolie
  • Like 1

Just want to share experience with the first jab.

Went today for my first Jab to MedPart Hospital in Bangkok, it was the only slot for AZ vaccine available. Hospital is 3 min walk from Klong Toei MRT and was most convenient for me. Expected long waiting, but it took 20 min waiting with checking BP, temperature and SpO2 and sitting in the queue. Right after record was printed, went to cubicle and got a shot of AZ and sat in observation while they printed next appointment date. BP was checked again and it was a bit high (nurse was very cute)

Overall a great experience, sorry, i know you cannot book now with intervac website, i did mine on June 10th and option was available for Sinovac or AZ

I do have backup booking for Moderna through Thonburi Healthcare Group via LINE for October, but i guess it won't be needed, unless new virus mutation will beat AZ by that time and different type of vaccine or mix will be required.

• Like 1

06- 28  On day 11 of "Registration approval pending" on the Phuket Must Win  website. No response from  DEPA the webmaster, no response from Cherng-Telay OrBorTor,  nor The Phuket Provincial office,  the Health Dept  or the general complaint department of the Phuket Govt.  Have been informed people are getting vaccinated by showing the QR codes for others, but I do not have such access, am informed the Line Friends app is useless, and I am unable to use Line anyway as my cheapo Wiko phone does not have enough memory and my  10 yo laptop is running ancient bootleg Windows XP. Not all expats can afford the latest i-phone - am 59 on retirement visa.  US Embassy is actually suggesting Americans fly home for vaccines, whilst  donating 100 million doses so far with plans for  400,000.  That suggestion ignores  the risk,  difficulties and expense in traveling right now.    

Vacination registratin 06 25 blanked.png

I was lucky to get a confirmed appointment for my first shot on July 1st at Phayathai 2 hospital in Bangkok just a few hours before Thailand Intervac site shut down - saying all their appointments are full.  I suspect when I get there on Thursday at the appointed time I will be told they have no vaccine left.  When approved you get a Queue number with QR code, your details , including some basic biometrics and a list of tests that will confirm your compatability for the vaccine.   I will update after I have been.

It appears to me that the media consider the total number of infections of Covid as the severity validation of the pandemic.  However this is alarmist reporting, as the tru validations must be the number of fatalities.  I have raised a few statistics as at yesterday and they show a surprising result that may eventuate my suspicion that Thailand has an advanced level of herd immunity.Covid Fatalities.docx

Covid Fatalities.docx

I just got a response from DEPA who run the various registrations websites and they suggest contacting immigration- if there are any discrepancies in your reported address your registration will not be approved

As an aside, in Phuket, depending on who is doing the checking,  if you do not report  your address after staying in a hotel, you may well be registered at that hotel  forever. It's known as the TM-30, or is it the TM-29? 

I recall after each such stay I was expected to bring original signed by my landlord copies of my lease, stamped with his company seal, which is impossible currently as he is out of the country, and some sort of tax stamp I could get from the coffee stand on the corner. 

Oh well, who needs a vaccine during a SARS variant epidemic.  

4 minutes ago, ChristyS said:

Oh well, who needs a vaccine during a SARS variant epidemic.  

Everybody. 

Pity you cant report your address properly.

This is for people who are currently located in Phuket as an update for people who have registered for a Vaccine on PhuketWin, but have not heard anything back. 

As a result of a slight discrepancy on my TM-30 my appointment apparently was held up for approval.  When I contacted immigration for another matter, I asked about it by chance, and they informed me that any discrepancy on, or non-filing of the TM30 with a Phuket residence or hotel can result in the delay of the appointment.  Any TM30 filed with an address outside Phuket seems to disqualify you, as they likely use this to determine your eligibility.  In fact, as soon as my issue was cleared up, I received an appointment slot.   Hope this helps.  Good luck!  

Paid for my Moderna - to be seen - shot today with Thonburi Health Care group.

Money back if the don't have them before December.  Not quite heartening, but I don't want the AZ or the Sinocrap...so, even though I'm high risk, I'll take my chances and wait.

Too easy, received a call @ 4:10 today, straight down to Angsana and was home 35 minutes later.. fantatsic professional.. the whole world should be learning