News Forum - November 1 re-opening of Thailand – The Fine Print

Thaiger

On 10/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, Benroon said:

The airlines ventilation systems really are state of the art stuff so being cooped up in a can for 12 hours with an infected person/people doesn't necessarily mean you are going to get it - however I'll probably fly double masked just in case !! :-)

We flew LHR to BKK a couple of years back (when the pandemic broke out actually!) and changed at Muscat. They all got on, rammed the overhead lockers. Was like a Beduin camp had packed up and boarded.

We were sat in teh left row. One chap in the middle of the middle row, 1 row behind us, was terribly ill. Coughing all the time. He had a mask too, but pulled it down to cough...

We landed, and the next morning started showing symptoms of a cold. We had an absolute stinker that lasted a good two weeks, to totally clear. I imagine he must have infected all of the people within a row or three.

Airplanes have had good filters for a long time, but they can't filter what has already reached you.

btw - we called the ill chap, "Ebola man" :-)

1 minute ago, Dodgey said:

We flew LHR to BKK a couple of years back (when the pandemic broke out actually!) and changed at Muscat. They all got on, rammed the overhead lockers. Was like a Beduin camp had packed up and boarded.

We were sat in teh left row. One chap in the middle of the middle row, 1 row behind us, was terribly ill. Coughing all the time. He had a mask too, but pulled it down to cough...

We landed, and the next morning started showing symptoms of a cold. We had an absolute stinker that lasted a good two weeks, to totally clear. I imagine he must have infected all of the people within a row or three.

Airplanes have had good filters for a long time, but they can't filter what has already reached you.

btw - we called the ill chap, "Ebola man" :-)

Sounds like a nightmare - if I had been that guy I would have at least got up and stood near the kitchen exit doors just not to piss people off ! Nice of him to lift his mask to make sure you all got it.

Flying brings out the worst in people - I just love the ones that lift their blind up to flood the cabin with light when the rest of the cabin is trying to sleep - selfish ****s ! (and reading lights should be taken out)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Sounds like a nightmare - if I had been that guy I would have at least got up and stood near the kitchen exit doors just not to piss people off ! Nice of him to lift his mask to make sure you all got it.

Flying brings out the worst in people - I just love the ones that lift their blind up to flood the cabin with light when the rest of the cabin is trying to sleep - selfish ****s ! (and reading lights should be taken out)

Haha - all those points made me smile :-)

Business class for us these days. Massive money "waste" but then, what's life all about?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dodgey said:

Haha - all those points made me smile :-)

Business class for us these days. Massive money "waste" but then, what's life all about?

Not a waste of money at all - you earnt it you decide what you do with it.

4 hours and under I'll go economy - 4 hours plus its business ! The whole experience of 12+ hours in economy is just too miserable to contemplate though I try to drink my weight in wine to make a profit !! 😄

So the Thailand Pass comes online in 2 hours 37 minutes time ......start your engines