News Forum - ICUs in Chiang Mai nearly full amidst Covid-19 surge

Thaiger

Just now, Bob20 said:

I'm not belittling it and you know how I feel about it.

But what I understand is that it was promised (without guarantee) in some locations for Q4 2021 and in other locations for Q1 2022. In all fairness while acknowledging that the doses are needed, it's the same GPO that acts as in between and people entered it knowingly.

Perhaps they hope that because of the delay some will choose another option, while having handsomely paid for the Moderna?

But neither of the promised time slots has expired yet, so who knows?

It is odd. One big question out there is if the Red Cross will be privileged over all the ones that ordered way way a long time before them. My daughter is 1rst signed up for Moderna for right about now and will transfer to my wife, but still no word. Even you and me never knew when except we got lucky from an OP tip on TT and got the Pfizer jab whcih was our choice..

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is odd. One big question out there is if the Red Cross will be privileged over all the ones that ordered way way a long time before them. My daughter is 1rst signed up for Moderna for right about now and will transfer to my wife, but still no word. Even you and me never knew when except we got lucky from an OP tip on TT and got the Pfizer jab whcih was our choice..

Yes, and especially funny because they certainly know how to contact you:

IMG_20211101_154732.thumb.jpg.25c247aad709f2866f0a99d3356aacad.jpg

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I've just checked it. They are supposed to receive 1m doses in Q4 for free distribution and a further 5m in 2022 to be distributed to hospitals that sold them.

But as I already said it's not imported by the Red Cross, but by the GPO, so who knows what the politics behind it are?

And the reports are conflicting in time tables. One says all will arrive at the same time. The other says it's separate.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-739480

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-red-cross-order-of-5-million-moderna-vaccines-in-proccess

38 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Great question and one I’d also like an answer to. My sense right now is that there are no transit facilities. You either fly in to Bkk, Phuket or other destination direct. This may change in the coming days or weeks but this is the latest view I have. 

I have had an e mail from one of the HSA+ Hotels who have pencilled me in for a one night (February). They have just been in touch with CNX Airport who informed them that for November at least it will be BKK and Phuket only. It looks like a 'watch this space' situation. They did give me to websites to look at- !. https:www.mfa.go.th/en/content/updateelist301064  2. https:www.caat.or.th/en/archives/61304 . I haven't had chance to look at them yet but will do so later.

9 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I have had an e mail from one of the HSA+ Hotels who have pencilled me in for a one night (February). They have just been in touch with CNX Airport who informed them that for November at least it will be BKK and Phuket only. It looks like a 'watch this space' situation. They did give me to websites to look at- !. https:www.mfa.go.th/en/content/updateelist301064  2. https:www.caat.or.th/en/archives/61304 . I haven't had chance to look at them yet but will do so later.

Cheers. Yes I thought I had seen it was just BKK and Phuket though I think as of today CM and Krabi are also taking international flights. I’m looking to return in January so I will be ramping up interest  in the next couple of weeks. 

Good luck with your trip and hopefully transfers will be available come early next year. 

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Cheers. Yes I thought I had seen it was just BKK and Phuket though I think as of today CM and Krabi are also taking international flights. I’m looking to return in January so I will be ramping up interest  in the next couple of weeks. 

Good luck with your trip and hopefully transfers will be available come early next year. 

I have until 1 December to decide whether or not to confirm the flights (Singapore Airlines). If we have to stay in BKK for a night, so be it, I just wish Prayut et al would give some clarity to this and any other relevant issues.

Good luck with January, hopefully by then things just might be under control, lower figures for new cases and deaths, increased vaccination programme and less checking over and over.

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Many hospitals have come out with their que orders and dates, but for CM Bangkok hospital not released any info. Yes it is just an I don't care mind set of stupidity from these people on vaccinations to protect the people and opening.

3 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

seems it is causing problems to hundreds of thousands possibly millions who purchased it. Nothing to shake a stick at.

My mistake - she checked and the first doses are now due here (Loei) on Friday 5th (edit: this month!).

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Perhaps they hope that because of the delay some will choose another option, while having handsomely paid for the Moderna

Perhaps??? 

In Loei they're doing good business with Sinopharm, as that's all that's currently available to Thais - as long as they pay for it.

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I've just checked it. They are supposed to receive 1m doses in Q4 for free distribution and a further 5m in 2022 to be distributed to hospitals that sold them.

But as I already said it's not imported by the Red Cross, but by the GPO, so who knows what the politics behind it are?

And the reports are conflicting in time tables. One says all will arrive at the same time. The other says it's separate.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-739480

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thai-red-cross-order-of-5-million-moderna-vaccines-in-proccess

Yeah, thanks I actually knew that. We are waiting for Bangkok Hospital. Part of the biggest hospital group in SE Asia. But the politics and favoritism is what we are wondering what will happen making them look special.  Red Cross have a certain wing over them if you know what I mean. Anyway I am confident of good news coming out for Bangkok hospital this week as CM is probably on their minds to take precedence of getting everyone jabbed up so they don’t look like nincompoops. Crossing our fingers . 

2 hours ago, Stonker said:

My mistake - she checked and the first doses are now due here (Loei) on Friday 5th (edit: this month!).

That is A-OK if you ask me. Good luck.