News Forum - Government’s domestic tour package subsidy receives lukewarm response

Thaiger

26 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Many people on the ground have said there are places open where you can get drinks and entertainment

But of course, you ignore that...............it doesn't fit your agenda

Wrong Marc26 bars are shut by law and anyone risking to go into 1 dont start moaning if your grassed up and your hit with a 10,000 tbt fine true or false ? 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I retired in my 30s because I could see what others were to dense to see.

When it comes to covid it makes more sense to bash the UK than Thailand.

Melbourne, where I am from was locked down because the Alpha strain. Thailand where I live had a similar issue. People died.

But I have to read hear everyday a whole lot of Englishmen complaining endlessly about Thailand. It is a bit off mate. Pull your head in and take a look in the mirror 

Then get back to me 

Stop taking the piss Rob how could you retire at 30 your showing yourself as a Troll.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

sorry I thought I did link it, my bad

My point is, here is a guy that did it and no one has any interest in that thread

No one wants to ask him how, or how it is on the ground......

Of course not, because it is something positive.......

Maybe it's not "because it is something positive", but because many of us are already here and have been for decades so not unnaturally we don't really have "any interest in that thread" or "how it is on the ground" because we're already "on the ground".

We're not all tourists or wannabe tourists, and for many like me our only interest in tourists and wannabe tourists is how they affect us.

I like @JamesE's posts and respect his POV, genuinely, but I just don't have any interest in that thread - that doesn't mean I'm against his thread or his POV because it's "something positive".

• Like 3

Just now, vlad said:

Stop taking the piss Rob how could you retire at 30 your showing yourself as a Troll.

In my 30s, not 30. 

Once again you are being negative about something you don't have any knowledge about.

It is true. Two successful business  and a property boom.

People who can not manage money will always work for those who do.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vlad said:

I'm not 'Rob', but I retired ("in my 30's") as did others I know.

I'm not defending @RobMuir, far from it, but that doesn't make him a troll 😂!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Ummm ..... if I recall correctly, not @JamesE 😯!

I was just finding it hard to understand how someone going home early from a holiday because they weren't enjoying it could be a "positive success story".

Personally, I haven't left Thailand for nearly fifteen years as I've had no reason or wish to, I've  been living here for nearly thirty years so nearly half my life, there's nowhere else in the world I'd sooner be and nobody I'd sooner be with, and I haven't met or spoken to anyone other than Thais for at least a couple of years which hasn't made much difference to me one way or the other.

Whether that's "positive" or not depends on your POV.

What do you mean went home early from a holiday because they weren't enjoying it. he just got there a few days ago,

Or are we talking about different "stories"?

9 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Maybe it's not "because it is something positive", but because many of us are already here and have been for decades so not unnaturally we don't really have "any interest in that thread" or "how it is on the ground" because we're already "on the ground".

We're not all tourists or wannabe tourists, and for many like me our only interest in tourists and wannabe tourists is how they affect us.

I like @JamesE's posts and respect his POV, genuinely, but I just don't have any interest in that thread - that doesn't mean I'm against his thread or his POV because it's "something positive".

So in that respect, many of the expats should not be concerned about all the threads they jump in and moan about because they have to do with tourism, but the forum is rife with it................

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vlad said:

Wrong Marc26 bars are shut by law and anyone risking to go into 1 dont start moaning if your grassed up and your hit with a 10,000 tbt fine true or false ? 

Please it's Thailand...........people have been drinking illegally in bars for decades and you know that..........but would rather whine and moan

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Thanks Stoker, it's nice to know you always have my back mate 

Cheers.

My only regret is I didn't come 4 years earlier. I was overly cautious about how much I needed.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Plus a lot of people who "retire" early are still generating income, they just "retired" from corporate/business life.......

They were smart enough to put themselves in that position, and are smart enough to keep earning

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

What do you mean went home early from a holiday because they weren't enjoying it. he just got there a few days ago,

Or are we talking about different "stories"?

As I said, I may well have the wrong person but if I recall correctly he came here for a holiday before during the Covid restrictions, got through all the more complicated hoops, then went home early as it wasn't what he'd hoped for.

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So in that respect, many of the expats should not be concerned about all the threads they jump in and moan about because they have to do with tourism, but the forum is rife with it................

Yes bitching about TAT seems to be a favourite pastime.

I would prefer a different government but I don't let it get to me. It really doesn't affect me. My Pooyai baan is more important to me than the federal level.

The Immigration office is another one that seams to freak them out. It is fairly easy, just fill out some forms every few months, maybe deposit some money into your own bank account.

It isn't rocket surgery.

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Plus a lot of people who "retire" early are still generating income, they just "retired" from corporate/business life.......

They were smart enough to put themselves in that position, and are smart enough to keep earning

Yeah, it isn't brain science.

Rich Dad poor Dad and the barefoot investor set me on my path.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well, no, because "for many like me our only interest in tourists and wannabe tourists is how they affect us".

I haven't met a foreign tourist here for years, nor have I seen any, but that doesn't mean that either I nor those around me are unaffected by them.

6 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As I said, I may well have the wrong person but if I recall correctly he came here for a holiday before during the Covid restrictions, got through all the more complicated hoops, then went home early as it wasn't what he'd hoped for.

The above thread I posted, he landed Saturday

Said places are open away from the beach and seemed pretty satisfied

Might not be for everyone, would suit me perfectly

But if it doesn't, then people should go find one of the 100 countries that does at the moment......

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vlad said:

False.

Bar near my place never closed.

For about two weeks we were not allowed to sit at the bar but had to sit on the eating tables.

We were given a fork and spoon, a placemat and free prawn crackers to abide by the law.

That was about six months ago.

Sabai sabai.

It is open air. Airconned places did shut and haven't reopened yet 

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

The above thread I posted, he landed Saturday

Said places are open away from the beach and seemed pretty satisfied

Might not be for everyone, would suit me perfectly

But if it doesn't, then people should go find one of the 100 countries that does at the moment......

Umm ... maybe he's come twice ...

... my point isn't about @JamesE's holidays, but was just that because I and others aren't really interested in it isn't because it's "something positive" so we've boycotted it, as you've concluded and you're using as a stick to bash around with, but is just because it's of little real interest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Benroon said:

Was that your daily Lets bash the UK post ?

Do you think you're a lone wolf for a reason ? ie you are just too dense to see what everyone else can see ?

Now that defiantly wins Post Of The Day. Succinct, 100% accurate and totally representative of what many are feeling. Well said @Benroon  Give this a thumbs up 👍🏻

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I retired in my 30s because I could see what others were to dense to see.

When it comes to covid it makes more sense to bash the UK than Thailand.

Melbourne, where I am from was locked down because the Alpha strain. Thailand where I live had a similar issue. People died.

But I have to read hear everyday a whole lot of Englishmen complaining endlessly about Thailand. It is a bit off mate. Pull your head in and take a look in the mirror 

Then get back to me 

If you think I have any time for the utter clown Boris Johnson you would be even more mistaken than you usually are. Have the UK fecked things up ? - oh yes no argument from me there, it was a learning curve for everyone. However to claim Thailand handled things TEN TIMES better as you did and your unswerving support for Anutin that makes Johnson look genius level is at the root of your problems.

However the UK through trial and error have now got a near total vaxxed population whereas Thailand are light years away and currently poncing vaccinations off other countries ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Yes bitching about TAT seems to be a favourite pastime.

I would prefer a different government but I don't let it get to me. It really doesn't affect me. My Pooyai baan is more important to me than the federal level.

The Immigration office is another one that seams to freak them out. It is fairly easy, just fill out some forms every few months, maybe deposit some money into your own bank account.

It isn't rocket surgery.

Isn't it Rocket Science ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

How is it only about tourism when residents currently outside of Thailand have to jump through the same hoops ?

The defenders of these shockingly badly put together hoops don't seem to be able to grasp in their blind adulation, that the comments (whines and moans as you put them) aren't bashing Thailand as a nation per se, you've certainly never seen me do that, they are 'bashing an entry system that a class of 7 year olds could have made more coherent and without the changes that arrive on a weekly if not daily basis. Then you come on here and people are defending the completely unparalleled incompetence ! 

If you need more evidence of that, phone an embassy, they haven't got the slightest clue what's going on ! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Benroon said:

How is it only about tourism when residents currently outside of Thailand have to jump through the same hoops ?

The defenders of these shockingly badly put together hoops don't seem to be able to grasp in their blind adulation, that the comments (whines and moans as you put them) aren't bashing Thailand as a nation per se, you've certainly never seen me do that, they are 'bashing an entry system that a class of 7 year olds could have made more coherent and without the changes that arrive on a weekly if not daily basis. Then you come on here and people are defending the completely unparalleled incompetence ! 

If you need more evidence of that, phone an embassy, they haven't got the slightest clue what's going on ! 

Yes I don’t understand these guys who moan about comments and see it as bashing. It’s not the country or the ordinary people, it’s the loonies in charge who get the sharp end of the comments. Can you imagine the forum if we all wandered around with the rose tinted glasses on

Number of posts each day - 2

Example of acceptable posts:

Soidog says - Oh fantastic news. A new and improved COE system. That is a great idea. Shame though as I loved the COE. So simple and easy. 

Benroon says - So good to see the government handing out 500 baht a month to people. It is so so generous of the government to use their own money in such a way. Long live our great kind hearted generous leaders. 

Soidog says - I simply don’t believe the number of Covid cases being reported. I think once again the government are simply being to self critical in their amazing handling of this pandemic. I’m sure they are just inflating numbers by 300%-500%  to show how humble they are and not embarrass the rest of the inferior world. 

16 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I don’t understand these guys who moan about comments and see it as bashing. It’s not the country or the ordinary people, it’s the loonies in charge who get the sharp end of the comments. Can you imagine the forum if we all wandered around with the rose tinted glasses on

Number of posts each day - 2

Example of acceptable posts:

Soidog says - Oh fantastic news. A new and improved COE system. That is a great idea. Shame though as I loved the COE. So simple and easy. 

Benroon says - So good to see the government handing out 500 baht a month to people. It is so so generous of the government to use their own money in such a way. Long live our great kind hearted generous leaders. 

Soidog says - I simply don’t believe the number of Covid cases being reported. I think once again the government are simply being to self critical in their amazing handling of this pandemic. I’m sure they are just inflating numbers by 300%-500%  to show how humble they are and not embarrass the rest of the inferior world. 

haha I read that and thought jesus how many beers did I have before I wrote that! then realised you were joking lol

and to add to that Anutin is way better looking than David Beckham !! 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I simply don’t believe the number of Covid cases being reported. I think once again the government are simply being to self critical in their amazing handling of this pandemic. I’m sure they are just inflating numbers by 300%-500%  to show how humble they are and not embarrass the rest of the inferior world

Sounds pretty bad where you are. One of the worst places in the world with Bojo calling the shots.

I doubt if he is being self critical. I do agree with you that the real numbers are at least 500% higher than the 39,000 reported yesterday.

They only tested less than 1% of the population in the UK yesterday. So that 39,000 is just the number from those tested and likely to be 100 times worse and 3.9 million people. They are not testing enough obviously.

With those sort of numbers it is only a matter of time until yet another highly contagious mutant strain develops over there and they spread it to the rest of the world again.

Take care mate. We are very lucky over in the land of smiles with much lower numbers.

<deleted content>

You have proliferated this thread with numerous off-topic posts which have been deleted - no more please!

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines