Unique souvenirs to buy in Chiang Mai markets and night markets

Thaiger

If you’re bringing an empty suitcase for souvenirs to Thailand, Chiang Mai is the best destination for you. Known as the handicraft capital of Thailand and filled with lively night markets, shopping in Chiang Mai is always a fun thing to do. You can find everything from silk and traditional clothing to hand carved soaps and silverware. But with so many to choose from, it can get pretty overwhelming. So, if you’re unsure what to buy in Chiang Mai’s markets as a souvenir, here are 15 unique and lovely items you can buy. 1. Thai silk Thai silk is regarded […]

The story Unique souvenirs to buy in Chiang Mai markets and night markets as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

🤣🤣🤣  I need more tissues again 🤣🤣🤣

Let me tell you, if you bring an empty suitcase, it will leave empty too.

Chiang Mai doesn't have a single night market. Everything on Chan Khlan is completely closed, boarded up, stalls gone, shutters down. Even the Burger King and one of the two McDonald's have gone. More than ten 7/11's have closed too.

Walking streets have stopped months ago and souvenir shops are closed as well. Even the food markets are closed, with the exception of Muang Mai. That one is open, but due to the requirement of vendors being fully vaccinated, there's nobody selling anything and it's deserted.

And with the current outbreaks, don't expect anything to open soon.

As I've posted before, I spoke to a few sandboxers over the last couple of days. They ask where the nigh market is or what else there is, and are then utterly disappointed to hear it's all gone and there's nothing much else to do. Don't expect things to change soon. Before the current outbreaks are under control and people have finally gained natural immunity or have been vaccinated, we are several weeks to several months further.

Locals are very aware that they have not been looked after and must take care of themselves. Don't expect a warm welcome, the unvaccinated (and only Sinovac vaccinated) are cautious of the virus and know full well that everyone can carry it. Especially those that travel all over the place.

• Like 1