Nasal Irrigation for covid PREVENTION

BainaiThai

I have read the accompanying articles and I am willing to bet my life on them.  The first is a clinical trial comparing saline solution with 1% baby shampoo solution:  It is our hypothesis that nasal saline or nasal saline with baby shampoo irrigations may decrease viral shedding/viral load and viral transmission, secondary bacterial load, nasopharyngeal inflammation in patients infected with the novel SARS-CoV-2.  

Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Intervention Model Description:

Patients enrolled will be randomized to one of three treatment groups (1. control- no intervention, 2. intervention 1 - nasal saline irrigations BID, 3. intervention 2- nasal saline irrigations with ½ teaspoon surfactant (Johnson's baby shampoo) BID).

Actual Study Start Date  : May 1, 2020
Estimated Primary Completion Date  : June 2021
Estimated Study Completion Date  :

June 2022

The second from the Advanced Sinus and Allergy Center: https://www.advancedsinusandallergy.com/blog/can-snorting-baby-shampoo-as-a-nasal-rinse-prevent-covid

which stated: Researchers at Penn State College of Medicine tested this hypothesis in the lab using solutions containing a strain of human coronavirus that is genetically similar to SARS-CoV-2. The solutions were then treated with various agents, including Johnson and Johnson’s baby shampoo. They then placed the treated solutions in contact with cultured human cells and measured growth of the virus. The results, published in the September 2020 Journal of Medical Virology, show that a 1% solution of baby shampoo deactivated 99.9% of this coronavirus after a two minute period of exposure. 

Laboratory tests are useful but of course the best proof would come from a study on humans. That’s exactly what Dr. Justin Turner, a rhinologist at Vanderbilt University, has proposed. Dr. Turner has initiated a clinical trial to measure how rinsing the nose with diluted baby shampoo reduces the symptoms of Covid as well as how the disease spreads. The study was initiated in May of 2020 but unfortunately, results expected are not expected until June of 2022.  

Yeah, I know the results of the trial have not been submitted yet....There are a lot of reasons why not....however this could end the need of vaccines. Simply rinse twice a day.  Takes 20 seconds...maybe ten minutes incl prep and clean up