News Forum - Ministry of Foreign Affairs sings praises of Thailand Pass

Thaiger

31 minutes ago, powerballwinner88 said:

Just registered on the new Thai Pass system and it was fast and easy. No freezes, no problems, clear and simple. Entering information no problem. Uploading files no problem. Anyone should be able to do it. Q&A section where many questions are answered is linked to the site. Will see how long it takes to process, but I am very hopeful.

I've tried with 3 different browsers with no luck. It's slow and takes a while to go from page to page, and I cant get past registration. Glad I have my COE already, was just hoping to use the new hotness, problem is it's only luke warm, not hot.

• Like 1

Ministry of Foreign Affairs sings praises of Thailand Pass

Yes, I'm waiting for Thaiger to adjust their system so I can click likes for my own posts too 👍

• Haha 3

On 10/24/2021 at 11:53 AM, Dr.Sivada said:

Oh yes. We all know by now everything said by officials in Thailand is completely true and believable. There is zero doubt about that! 

The clown and kids club at work. Everybody experienced all the flop gov apps and homepages over the years and always was praised with a hallelulja from the Clown and kids club.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, RobMuir said:

Sounds like another proactive initiative introduced by Thais that will soon be copied by other countries.

They sure know what they are doing when it comes to attracting tourists. Sustained success and growth over decades. Both in the numbers of arrivals and the amount they spend. They had to open Swampy to handle the exploding numbers and then redo Don Muang a few years later. Phuket airport was at capacity so they are now building a second Phuket Airport just over the Sarasin bridge in Phangnga. 

I saw how quickly they recovered after other setbacks, the Tsunami, Bali bombing, the WFC etc etc. They have hit the ground running again.

Thailand has something/somewhere for a wide range of budgets, age groups and nationalities. The Thais know how to do hospitality well and profit from it.

Burma, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam all have nice weather and beaches. More tourists come to Thailand than all those countries combined.

As the old saying goes "There is no flies on the Thais".

Smart people. 

Another clown . Thailand not was ruled always by the clown and kids club thats why. Sure with a mindset of a small kid sombody can live in a fantasy bubble. S It is funny if someone is absolut broke and no quality talking about quality and high end. The reality is a huge liquitiy shortage with a privat household debt of 98% of the gdp and yearly state households deficit thats the reality if clowns and kids have a say. To translate it fir clown they cannot even buy a phone with cash cars, motorbikes etc all financed. To explain to kids this means liquidity shortage in the economy. It means the majority will use the shopping mall to get free aircon. And for the kids a question if you have to pay every month from your income intrests and your debts you have more money to spend for shopping or less? It is funny if clowns and kids wanna explain Thailand and have not even the ability to read numbers or any knowledge of simple economy. And sure everything will fall from the sky and all outside of the bibble are clowns and kids, too. Oh and forget sure Clowns are very smart.

On 10/24/2021 at 12:23 PM, Poppin said:

3 to 5 days to process. Absolutely ridiculous. Obviously not just web based if you have to wait at all let alone this crazy time scale. Many more places to travel than come to this rule crazy Country 

I thought that was just me - if it takes 3-5 days and varies depending on the Embassy, obviously it's not "automatic" and "web-based".

I still can't see what the point is since all docs are checked on arrival anyway, nor can I see how people who are here already can try it out to see if it works or not.

Ho hummm ... thank God I'm not trying to go on holiday, as I just couldn't be bothered with this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stonker said:

I still can't see what the point is since all docs are checked on arrival anyway, nor can I see how people who are here already can try it out to see if it works or not.

Like the COE process, it's a pre check you have all the correct documents before even checking in for boarding at the  point of departure.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, BIGGLES said:

5555!

All achieved with little to no bullshit restrictions and draconian laws.

If they get rid of all that crap, and only accept fully vaccinated tourists, with proof of negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival and issue visa on arrival, then they'll be back in the money.

If mot, they will not be in the money.

Simple.

The problem is the kids and clowns cannot read numbers.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 12:29 PM, RobMuir said:

Sounds like another proactive initiative introduced by Thais that will soon be copied by other countries.

They sure know what they are doing when it comes to attracting tourists. Sustained success and growth over decades. Both in the numbers of arrivals and the amount they spend. They had to open Swampy to handle the exploding numbers and then redo Don Muang a few years later. Phuket airport was at capacity so they are now building a second Phuket Airport just over the Sarasin bridge in Phangnga. 

I saw how quickly they recovered after other setbacks, the Tsunami, Bali bombing, the WFC etc etc. They have hit the ground running again.

Thailand has something/somewhere for a wide range of budgets, age groups and nationalities. The Thais know how to do hospitality well and profit from it.

Burma, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam all have nice weather and beaches. More tourists come to Thailand than all those countries combined.

As the old saying goes "There is no flies on the Thais".

Smart people. 

I tell you a secret, the numbers I mentioned are not a secret and I tell you another secret there are people outside there who can read numbers and even can count. It must be a brutal reality if not everybody belive in the fantasy bubble and instead read numbers and even can understand what it means. This evil dirty numbers who I can blame for that?!

38 minutes ago, Faz said:

Like the COE process, it's a pre check you have all the correct documents before even checking in for boarding at the  point of departure.

I did realise that, but it's a bit beyond me as something "new" since that's exactly what the CoE was which was also done on line - at least by all those I know who did it months ago, without any dramas.

Maybe they were all fortunate, but since this obviously isn't fully automated, and probably can't be, I can't see what the difference is apart from a different user interface and no longer being able to contact or 'chase up' the Embassy or consulate over it but having to go strictly through the website.

Given all the reported experiences here over previous "web-based" and "automatic" systems from expatvac to 90 day reporting I couldn't help thinking it's all going to be a bit binary and either "fast and easy" ... "simple" for some and "no luck" ... completely sucks" for others - which appears to be exactly what's happened.

At least previously in the event of a problem or delay you could call the embassy, as some commenting here did even from the airport so they could get their CoE on time. That option now seems to have gone, and I'm not sure that's progress.

1 hour ago, L-Dogg said:

I've been at the system for a little over an hour now, It completely sucks. Glad I have my COE already.

Screenshot 2021-10-31 200853.jpg

Operator error?

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Operator error?

Perhaps the system has become overloaded due to the millions of people now wanting to come to Thailand under the new system in order to avoid the temptations of alcohol and women that they are experiencing at home ? 😂

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps the system has become overloaded due to the millions of people now wanting to come to Thailand under the new system in order to avoid the temptations of alcohol and women that they are experiencing at home ? 😂

I'll never understand these 'I'm using Bravo in Windows XP' type of posts. Totally baffling to me. What drives these people?

And then they blame the Thais. Unbelievable Jeff.

23 minutes ago, gummy said:

German programmers hard at work on the server overload (601) for the Thai site they created.  Looks like their about to break out the Enigma machine to get on that code!

Andomeda10.jpg

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2021 at 1:29 PM, Manu said:

What worries me the most is what are they going to do with all these data collected, especially the health one which should be the most private? How far could they use these data in order to know anything about people's whereabouts? And what if this website (or the app on your phone) is getting hacked (and for sure there will be some attempt)? The digitalisation of every aspect of our lives globally went a huge step forward for the last 2 years, the pandemic has given an opportunity for some to accelerate the movement. The thing is, once the processus has started, there is no return and there is no way to know yet how far this will go, regarding if it is in a country ran by a military junta regime or in a (so called) democraty...

They hacked already the datas of the arrivals in Thailand just few month ago and they hacked in the past the datas of a app for the apply of vaccines with passport datas and health issues. So this happened already and sure it makes it not trustworthy.

34 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I'll never understand these 'I'm using Bravo in Windows XP' type of posts. Totally baffling to me. What drives these people?

And then they blame the Thais. Unbelievable Jeff.

Sure it must be this evil dirty windows unbelievable sombody could think something else. Never ever there was something else and all apps and homepages were always perfect but this evi evil dirty super dirty windows how could they blame something else.