News Forum - Full details on the 3 ways to travel to Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

• If not, the test should be taken on day 6-7, with results reported in the MorChana app and to hotel staff.

What do i do if i have left the hotel then and travelled to another city?

Edited by Alexander

7 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Ask emirates about it.

Before, they wanted a Domestic insurance police, but now "you can bring what you get in your country", if I got that right. So Emirates insurance should qualify, but you need to ask 'em, I think!

A Thai insurance policy was NEVER required for meeting the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage requirement that everybody entering Thailand needs to comply what.  So many people made use of the FREE Emirates +100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage insurance included in the flight-ticket price.  For one-way flights you would be covered for 31 days from date of arrival, for return-flights the full period of your trip would be covered. 

If someone needs to go to a non sandbox area (third, pink box) why would they choose to quarantine instead of just going to a sandbox area first with freedom?

At present this is a hypothetical question/comment. When Lao reopens I will go ASAP, have family there, for this purpose forget the hoops in Lao, upon return with OA multiply entry hopefully over the land border at Nong Khai I would really, really like to go home in Udon. This will be a "blue" area as of 1 Nov. Has anybody got a clue as to how this would work? If I have to fly into BKK after one night (hopefully) forced jail in a hotel I don't want to be in, can I then go home? I am fully vaccinated with a real vaccine, Pfizer. 

At this point I have not checked with my forced scam insurance company for OA to see if the coverage there will cover the scam insurance for covid. I will have a non-smart phone so what happens to their tracking app which will not go in my real phone? 

Lots of hypotheticals here and as usual so far as I read everything remains as clear as Mekong mud. Open the damn country up and quit with the teetotaler bull.  

I guess, for QT free  travel to Bangkok, transit has to be in one of the 46 low risk countries too?  The info I read online says must reside in the low-risk countries for 21 days or more - however does not say anything about transit through other countries... 

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

I am in South Wales and I went yesterday morning in one of their clinics in Cardiff as I am flying back to Thailand on Sunday, £69 indeed, was in there for not more than 10mn, result guaranteed before midnight. Indeed the result was in my mailbox this morning, all good. So yes, I would also definitely recommend DAM Health.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sgtsabai said:

If I have to fly into BKK after one night (hopefully) forced jail in a hotel I don't want to be in, can I then go home?

If it remains blue, it seems yes, you can travel there (after receiving neg PCR). Whether you have to fly there directly, or can travel through non-blue areas, remains to be seen.

I will have a non-smart phone so what happens to their tracking app which will not go in my real phone? 

I think you will be able to get by without the mor chana app in thailand. You might need to write your name in a book when you enter a shopping mall or such, rather than scanning your phone.

When Lao reopens I will go ASAP

What's the deal with travelling to LAO? Are they opening without restrictions?

Edited by Rookie
spelling

55 minutes ago, Manu said:

I am in South Wales and I went yesterday morning in one of their clinics in Cardiff as I am flying back to Thailand on Sunday, £69 indeed, was in there for not more than 10mn, result guaranteed before midnight. Indeed the result was in my mailbox this morning, all good. So yes, I would also definitely recommend DAM Health.

Thanks mate. That’s great feedback 👍🏻

• Like 1

Errr the elephant in the room is the Thailand Pass - I detect an increased sense of excitement so where's the Thailand Pass without which no-one is going anywhere !

Or can you turn up with the necessary printed documents (would be so much easier)

1 hour ago, Manu said:

£69 is a very good price - I went to Medicspot, worked exactly the same as yours (but open 7 days a week which I needed) but £119 

5 hours ago, ozvenision said:

This is the ENGLISH version on how to apply for COE... go figure

image.thumb.png.ff2be012dd8321e7e15630d64a9dfa14.png

This has gone now - it won't be processed from what I hear

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

£69 is a very good price - I went to Medicspot, worked exactly the same as yours (but open 7 days a week which I needed) but £119 

We are not all as rich as you, we will be hunting down that £69 test. 😆

I just checked , there is a branch just four miles from here so I have bookmarked it. 

I can get my booster in a few weeks time so I will get that first before going to Phuket as we in the UK received our first two jabs in many cases a long time before some other countries and the protection they give us might be wearing off, so the boost will help solve that. 

15 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

A Thai insurance policy was NEVER required for meeting the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage requirement that everybody entering Thailand needs to comply what.  So many people made use of the FREE Emirates +100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage insurance included in the flight-ticket price.  For one-way flights you would be covered for 31 days from date of arrival, for return-flights the full period of your trip would be covered. 

"A Thai insurance policy was NEVER required for meeting the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage requirement that everybody entering Thailand......."

Thanks for that info as I was confused with the different versions of the insurance we need.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Ok, sorry, I got told different. But: Since I AM in Thailand, quiet some time already, I have no first hand info about that. I just got told, you would have to get one of the available/just created Thai covid insurances!

Every day you learn something new, eh, I do!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I just checked , there is a branch just four miles from here so I have bookmarked it. 

I can get my booster in a few weeks time so I will get that first before going to Phuket as we in the UK received our first two jabs in many cases a long time before some other countries and the protection they give us might be wearing off, so the boost will help solve that. 

£69 is a very good price

Much higher here in Vancouver for a PCR test

The antigen test here is about that price 

But I blame that on Canadians

The idiots never complain about anything, so in turn we get ripped off all the time   😞

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I would be looking for it too however the nearest one to me out of that list is Luton and the cost of police backup to enter Luton would make it prohibitively expensive ! 😉

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

£69 is a very good price

Much higher here in Vancouver for a PCR test

The antigen test here is about that price 

But I blame that on Canadians

The idiots never complain about anything, so in turn we get ripped off all the time   😞

Well the cold temperature is free.

I was driving from Toronto down to New York State in February 1996, the garage where I bought my petrol displayed a temperature on the forecourt of -27C, I was frozen by the time I had walked the ten meters to pay my bill.

40 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I would be looking for it too however the nearest one to me out of that list is Luton and the cost of police backup to enter Luton would make it prohibitively expensive ! 😉

Is it really that bad in Luton nowadays?

I was there in about 1983 for a visit and it was a bit rough then.

Rookie: I live in Udon, I have family in Lao. Lao is not open at present but when it reopens I need to be with family and then return. Yes it is important. Nong Khai and Udon are blue but all depends on land border opening and/or flying and whatever comes from Thai immigration. Right now, who knows, nobody not even dear leader. It is my hope that within another month things will be at least a bit clearer than Mekong mud which it certainly isn't now. 

10 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Well the cold temperature is free.

I was driving from Toronto down to New York State in February 1996, the garage where I bought my petrol displayed a temperature on the forecourt of -27C, I was frozen by the time I had walked the ten meters to pay my bill.

I'm in Vancouver so we don't get that cold

Very mild but rainy winters 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:36 AM, markhub said:

Can anyone tell me the names of any SHA+ hotels in the vicinity of Suvarnabhumi Airport, and also when you book the SHA+ hotel for 1 night, should it include the cost if the PCR covid test on arrival? 

Doesn't really matter where the hotel is as they provide the transportation to the hotel from the airport, just go for the cheapest for 1 day. Once you nest negative you walk out the front door and roll on.

15 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I'm in Vancouver so we don't get that cold

Very mild but rainy winters 

A bit like South East England, if it gets below 1C here or there are more than ten snowflakes falling within a 24 hr period everyone panics and hides.