Show me your Order

spicy_girl

• 3 weeks later...

Viva Pizza on canal road Hang Dong is a family affair, restaurant is part of the homestead, and they do excellent crispy crust pizzas with a wide choice of toppings.  Imported smallgoods and homemade sauces plus very friendly people make for an enjoyable lunch or dinner >

BROJ-zDdLs7Z9FlgB-RkVEya58Qikk_pmxe8auOvviTa8TKs5LE_ipObD4H4477ouziiVsf6klClgWELNzspT32PIwCsbPNpPy8EWm-m4RZ6OcGI5AIZgrwMNmtWZJenMCndFW-8x8byWgFa9FKuHlsty9ppsdG86zayylcKAzBKO4YQmsB2rq5N4vZZgNRWmeqbeo9i1mRGG08nU6oiLxMbvlFVZCUwhBF9WDLslIFfVTfUuv7AsdoKrPNEJK0AbTwONoPWWTwx18vELOeST8vMFleA_NZJMGo5SAkLxFim8SgfN4Ple1LruQD4UoyQXB6KGzuv8KSs7ufCKmXYzHJYT1dRxU0Wi74i1wx4bTZUXnT1MJHjlL48gN8OGEnGYk2_GbPSAnntuibhcR8e_8gNkzlAYzAkjomAo3-ZT3gBlMJJyXlWpJ-8sauh_olyCnT1CVDv855fcCUChM11djok7YTRRQ-uf1YT_VTdP3uYTjYHMtfaEJR6qGmRNkNpN_lZn74JcK_8ysPHFnQJG765TRdT5bAkLuDllrCzhSFs2b1n0zhuX_MO5my7nPO8OHjiY7Ny8j38NKhl-l2YO8jAl-Nw7SE1fD__sogX-4bYd0OTaF5ootitfNOyeN2Rkh5CADOPC__WsUQKAvWMWYfAa2Fji4x5iMpYQ1StTyyeD_n2-OBY-fFP27f-CVL43lZaPhF7jPknHbh4BmMR1bXW=w1343-h1007-no?authuser=0

Their tiramisu is superb >

pmTewVEj4Awc1SKhpETQQD0n4rql1fuSk9mNoiKHxFd0zJQ6FeiS2RNF2npbVwMO8wVVGx5rw7aJH-NU1Jj8mKQFjaDWGhcGHwU2q-S_o5QnoRJKAOV-dM4mD7Va2W4Pwo4lAUEAlvQPZUnUppujlz_qoqq491-6W9fwN22Jc6rqadrJaV03bQ9AKFFJV58YKDrFHkOAwONgp0WAM2h2b9z-iojhsRwkGI8xcNRySOsNIWzOo800c9kvGwD8CxPyAhUUhMdaC7Qj4cDSUYwMjN-i-ydt0sOZR4EAK2S9eVAZyzic3D6b1_wqulFTDp-qH09tYHMvoPKkep6o491Q56-rz1r4cA66c7_2cdI1KhT85PHVs3nfPgLFvzsCU2dYl1NSPWNjZRMgbDUC1CcNDMFI9ZXGCPOs5ftOMExoyceG3aP2hYZoDDmpOdHyelg-PQIjKSxU2AiE9pYWuYogJ2kRQ-TtxPvZz6KFBKpadQqZGjkkNLBHILq-OD4O6NKRjr1_3y8DIKvjGn2DIak4n7YU9PKXpwSEFDqykCy9qcO9KvSng9lCfd5oxg-Q_VzNvL1UHGCOqXm1ZZ3es2c6xYk1-YEtWYe10phCnW8oFfXG81oigaystPrpSg76bFRwtOWqb32ikzjYq-JF2bxIsw9Y2vTkeQbfljFLiZ6ygW3QsA1XE8Vjzpt-MXdD4EYK0WTfS_oGjxnzTzuFlVVwkz8-=w1343-h1007-no?authuser=0

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lunch for today: Sanuki udon, thick noodles in a beef broth. Regional specialty of Kagawa, Japan, where I am currently on a work trip. Little fried bits of onion, potato and garlic, and some shallots sprinkled on top. 710 yen for a big portion (200 baht).

Don’t like noodles usually, but these are unique. 

8252907E-F0C5-409B-BCA8-352FBE01F9A6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

13 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Lunch for today: Sanuki udon, thick noodles in a beef broth. Regional specialty of Kagawa, Japan, where I am currently on a work trip. Little fried bits of onion, potato and garlic, and some shallots sprinkled on top. 710 yen for a big portion (200 baht).

Every culture is different, Anglo-saxons preference is for potatoes, Middle eastern - pasta noodles; SEAsians for rice & vermicelli noodles ...

In Japan you also have rice and rice noodles, but it seems that wheat-based Udon/Soba/Ramen noodles are extremely popular regional specialties.  I guess the broth and other ingredients differ for each region.

I enjoy wheat and egg based noodle, Indonesian or Chinese style, not rice-based so I'll just have to go visit Japan and sample all the wheat/buckwheat types.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Every culture is different, Anglo-saxons preference is for potatoes, Middle eastern - pasta noodles; SEAsians for rice & vermicelli noodles ...

In Japan you also have rice and rice noodles, but it seems that wheat-based Udon/Soba/Ramen noodles are extremely popular regional specialties.  I guess the broth and other ingredients differ for each region.

I enjoy wheat and egg based noodle, Indonesian or Chinese style, not rice-based so I'll just have to go visit Japan and sample all the wheat/buckwheat types.

Paulie, having been with a TG for 18 years, enjoys spicy noodles when he's drunk!   555

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Paulie, having been with a TG for 18 years, enjoys spicy noodles when he's drunk!   555

Paulie having been with spicy TG for 18 years enjoys eating anything when he's drunk! 😝  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

The udon in Kagawa is thicker and has a harder texture than other variations. I’m definitely a fan after one try.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:45 PM, BigHewer said:

8252907E-F0C5-409B-BCA8-352FBE01F9A6.jpeg

Looks great! I prefer soba but I’d like to try when I visit there. 

Edited by spicy_girl

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, Faraday said:

Just eating this, 295 bt...& it's delicious.

Dunno what the green stuff is though.

20220316_105039.thumb.jpg.da03504c2a72b64d95eb5cecad0f3a23.jpg

I love that 🍴 👍

• Thanks 1

A gorgeous looking Ramen for lunch

Well it was my wife's lunch actually 

I had a beer and watched 😀r :)

20220320_120023.jpg

• Like 1

Central Airport Plaza have a food fair in progress until the 3rd.  It's the best display of a wide variety of Thai foods I've seen anywhere, better than even Siam's foodcourt in Bangkok.

One stall had just started carving freshly roasted pork >

image.thumb.png.7350eae88ec64ec77c239f5b40810d3b.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

Central Airport Plaza have a food fair in progress until the 3rd.  It's the best display of a wide variety of Thai foods I've seen anywhere, better than even Siam's foodcourt in Bangkok.

One stall had just started carving freshly roasted pork >

image.thumb.png.7350eae88ec64ec77c239f5b40810d3b.png

I would seriously like to have a bite on those crispy ears

Horseshoe crab egg salad... If I remember correctly the eggs tasted a bit salty but other than that I didn't take much of a bite, just a bit to try out the taste. The close resemblance of horseshoe crab with that Predator creature just puts me off eating them

20200801_203645.thumb.jpg.6fd8dae0ddfc2cd4215aa89f424d378c.jpg

• Like 2

Not my order

But my wife's Test & Go dinner

The fish and rice is what she got as part of her dinner package

But of course she ordered a bunch more

I'd love to see a comparison the T&G food orders farang vs TG 😀

1648927638577.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Not my order

But my wife's Test & Go dinner

The fish and rice is what she got as part of her dinner package

But of course she ordered a bunch more

I'd love to see a comparison the T&G food orders farang vs TG 😀

1648927638577.jpg

Looks great! We will never get anything like that here.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:59 PM, Faraday said:

Just eating this, 295 bt...& it's delicious.

Dunno what the green stuff is though.

20220316_105039.thumb.jpg.da03504c2a72b64d95eb5cecad0f3a23.jpg

I miss proper English breakfast.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Looks great! We will never get anything like that here.

Well you would since the top one was the Japanese set  :)

But of course she had to order 2 more Thai dishes 

50 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well you would since the top one was the Japanese set  :)

But of course she had to order 2 more Thai dishes 

Even though thai Japanese do better than Japanese. Japanese set is pretty ordinary here. 😃

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Even though thai Japanese do better than Japanese. Japanese set is pretty ordinary here. 😃

Yes I found that as well, actually!

I just said that to my wife the other day that I thought many casual places in Japan were just ok 

Believe me, I live in Vancouver 

We have amazing Japanese!   😀

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Even though thai Japanese do better than Japanese. Japanese set is pretty ordinary here.

Don't tell my wife that, she watches Japanese food shows on YT almost every night.  😄

A weekly lunch at Fuji is always enjoyable.

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Believe me, I live in Vancouver 

We have amazing Japanese!   

From what I've seen you have amazing cuisine from everywhere.   Mind you, the same could be said for Auckland, Melbourne and other major cities as they have to compete with many other cuisines to survive.

Thai food is often disappointing here unless at top restaurants but even then we've had a few failures: eg Naam in BKK, Poppies on Samui.  Too sweet or too spicy are the most common faults.  My wife is a reasonably good cook and strives for that balance, her Tom Yum soups, of all varieties are superb and even the western recipes I taught her ... she improves on! 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

Don't tell my wife that, she watches Japanese food shows on YT almost every night.  😄

A weekly lunch at Fuji is always enjoyable.

From what I've seen you have amazing cuisine from everywhere.   Mind you, the same could be said for Auckland, Melbourne and other major cities as they have to compete with many other cuisines to survive.

Thai food is often disappointing here unless at top restaurants but even then we've had a few failures: eg Naam in BKK, Poppies on Samui.  Too sweet or too spicy are the most common faults.  My wife is a reasonably good cook and strives for that balance, her Tom Yum soups, of all varieties are superb and even the western recipes I taught her ... she improves on! 😎

Yes I'd conted we have the best Asian food in the world, on a whole, all combined 

You can throw in Indian food as well to the mix here

There are some higher end sort of "hipster" type Thai restaurants in Bakgkok I would like to try

More to see their take on Thai food than anything

But might be a hard sell for Ao

• Like 2