News Forum - 46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details

Thaiger

… and everything you want to know, as of today, about re-entry into Thailand. Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21. 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10. Chile 11. China 12. Cyprus 13. Czech Republic 14. Denmark […]

The story 46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The government has recently outlined 7 conditions that will determine if someone can enter the kingdom quarantine-free.

"7. If the second test is negative, visitors can continue their journey without any further quarantine"

So no further quaranten after my quarteen free arrival. 😂

8 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So no further quaranten after my quarteen free arrival. 😂

Thai logic, makes sense, no?

It's not a bad idea in many ways, after all, pre-flight PCR tests could have been botched or bogus results. 

The worst part is for those who enter via BKK, it's a long round trio to the approved ASQ hotel and back if you have to fly on to a final destination, supposedly next day.  How to coordinate flights and what is the procedure for missed connection due to PCR test tardiness?

Flying International into CNX or HKT I can't see a problem except there are very few direct flights for CNX at present.

What a shambles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Thai logic, makes sense, no?

It's not a bad idea in many ways, after all, pre-flight PCR tests could have been botched or bogus results. 

The worst part is for those who enter via BKK, it's a long round trio to the approved ASQ hotel and back if you have to fly on to a final destination, supposedly next day.  How to coordinate flights and what is the procedure for missed connection due to PCR test tardiness?

Flying International into CNX or HKT I can't see a problem except there are very few direct flights for CNX at present.

What a shambles.

The ASQ hotels have hospital partners that take care of the PCR testing. I wonder who will be responsible for the PCR tests in the so called "test hubbs", where will they be analyzed? Could be a slow process.  Wouldn't be surprised though, if they offer VIP fast lanes for a fee😏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

The ASQ hotels have hospital partners that take care of the PCR testing. I wonder who will be responsible for the PCR tests in the so called "test hubbs", where will they be analyzed? Could be a slow process.  Wouldn't be surprised though, if they offer VIP fast lanes for a fee😏

The BKK ASQ hotels have had plenty of time to streamline their operations.  I know one on Suk Soi 2 (IIRC), was very efficient and due to an early arrival on day 1, they arranged his final test and 0600 departure well in advance so he could make BKK for an 0800 CNX connection.  They had a dedicated taxi service.

Late PM arrivals could present a problem unless booked in at the airport Novotel.  Normal rate = ~3,400bt per night but AQ rate will be higher.

And hub testing .... who knows.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I am sure they are all going to a lot of the same labs

It's not Thailand ....

But you wouldn't believe how many covid testing tents and trailers all over Mexico

And they were all being sent to the same 2 or 3 labs 

Quarantine free, except for the first night, and except for if you test positive 😉

And one of those super reliable ATK's for group 2 🤣🤣 

Happy holidays! 👍

I am a bit hazy on the mechanics of this, and the procedure.

a. We arrive. Then..... covid test at airport or hotel? What about late arrival?

b. transport to hotel- we take a cab, rent a car, get the special hotel transport....

c. overnight. Food provided? Drinks? Can we stop at 7/11 to pick up stuff?

d. if the results are late, do we have to stay a second night? Pay for late check out?

• Like 1

Thailand has 99.9 new infections per 100,000 population in the last seven days.

On the list of no-risk-countries:
Latvia with 854.9 new infections per 100,000 population in the last seven days
UK with 476,9 new infections per 100,000 population in the last seven days

Not on the list:
Brazil with 39.8 new infections per 100,000 population in the last seven days

In the Bangkok Post article it states:

These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by chartered flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, U-Tapao and Buri Ram airports.

Arrivals by other kinds of flights must enter "sandbox" programmes in, for example, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnga and Krabi.

What do they mean by “Chartered Flights”?  The vast majority of flights which tourists use are “scheduled flights”. I’m assuming this is a mistake???? Or is this going to be a subtle way to make you use “Special Chartered Thai Airways flights”. This needs clarifying quickly. I don’t see the term on the PDF sent by @KaptainRob or on other articles and so I’m assuming a usual BP mistake??  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by chartered flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, U-Tapao and Buri Ram airports.

That appears an incorrect interpretation and should possibly read:- These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, and U-Tapao,  Buri Ram (chartered flights).

But I could be wrong 🥴

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

That appears an incorrect interpretation and should possibly read:- These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, and U-Tapao,  Buri Ram (chartered flights).

But I could be wrong 🥴

Thank you. That’s what I’m assuming. A bugger if you are sat there itching to book a flight for Nov 1st though ….

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

… and everything you want to know, as of today, about re-entry into Thailand. Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21. 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10. Chile 11. China 12. Cyprus 13. Czech Republic 14. Denmark […]

The story 46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

@KaptainRobNo mention of territories in this article and HONG KONG listed as a country.

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Thank you. That’s what I’m assuming. A bugger if you are sat there itching to book a flight for Nov 1st though ….

Unless they have a COE or doing ASQ no-one will be coming on Nov 1st, or 2nd, or .... maybe by the 10th we'll see a few hardy souls arriving.

6 hours ago, BeerIsLife said:

I am a bit hazy on the mechanics of this, and the procedure.

a. We arrive. Then..... covid test at airport or hotel? What about late arrival?

b. transport to hotel- we take a cab, rent a car, get the special hotel transport....

c. overnight. Food provided? Drinks? Can we stop at 7/11 to pick up stuff?

d. if the results are late, do we have to stay a second night? Pay for late check out?

a). Covid tests at airport.
b). Hotel transport if they offer it, otherwise cab.
c). No stops allowed, food may be supplied at a charge or the hotel will order on your behalf.
d). Currently taking 8 hours to turn around tests results.

A lot of flights from Europe, not to say most, arrive early morning in BKK or HKT. Do you have to  sit in the lobby till your room is available, can you go directly to your room, and do you have to pay extra for this?

I’m glad I’m planning on the New Year return. It will give me at least until mid December to see how things have settled. Mind you, anything could happen between now and January. 

Like everyone, I’m really hoping this is successful, though I’m very concerned. I think that the biggest super-spreader environments are Bars, Nightclubs and Schools. These are all open in the U.K. and have been for several weeks, in a country with 80% fully vaccinated population using AZ or Pfizer and cases are rising fast. In Thailand these places are all closed in a population with 35% fully vaccinated and many of those with Sinovac. The rising cases in the U.K. is not being seen to the same rate with hospitalisations and deaths due to the vaccines. This would not be the situation of case numbers rise in Thailand. 

Does anyone know what the latest laws are regarding being tested positive in Thailand? Do you still have to be quarantined in hospital or field hospital or can you remain at home? I’ve lost track of that. I’m not referring to testing as part of this scheme. I mean you are there for 3 months, get through this scheme all ok and return to your house or condo and 4 weeks later catch Covid and test positive. What happens to you?  

14 minutes ago, Alavan said:

A lot of flights from Europe, not to say most, arrive early morning in BKK or HKT. Do you have to  sit in the lobby till your room is available, can you go directly to your room, and do you have to pay extra for this?

Yes. No. Yes.

Question, how about children can they can come to Thailand without being vaccinated and if they are allowed what age must they be before coming to Thailand before they got to be vaccinated

For the list of eligible countries it says "must reside in eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days."  Does this mean only one eligible country or could I stay in country A for 10 days and then country B for 11 days and still qualify? 

Not sure if I worded that correctly 😛

Edited by Soju

2 minutes ago, Soju said:

For the list of eligible countries it says "must reside in eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days."  Does this mean only one eligible country or could stay in country A for 10 days and then country B for 11 days and still qualify? 

Not sure if I worded that correctly 😛

😂. This is complicated enough. I think if there is any doubt, there is no doubt (a flying metaphor)!  

I would imagine that when applying for your Thailand pass; which I note there is little or no mention in the article, it would be best to keep the application as simple as possible. If for some reason you have to be in two such countries within 21 days of flying, then I think it would end up coming down to the approach of the person processing your application. I just can’t see the process being that flexible or sophisticated?   

• Like 1