Jump to content

News Forum - Travellers after November 1 told to book quarantine hotels


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

While many are excited that Thailand is finally reopening at least somewhat without quarantine to certain people in certain locations, the confusion and lack of confirmation of rules until the last minute is creating some conflicting information. Thai embassies are telling potential foreign travellers that they will still need to book quarantine accommodations before they are permitted to travel. Many rejoiced when PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced seemingly definitively that it was time for Thailand to begin to open up the doors and let people come back in, without the quarantine that has dissuaded so many potential travellers until now. His […]

The story Travellers after November 1 told to book quarantine hotels as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai embassies are telling potential foreign travellers that they will still need to book quarantine accommodations before they are permitted to travel.

Yes, according to current rules. The "new" rules might be subject to change or completely  scrapped!

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ho hum, just another botched exercise by Prayuth. This country is firmly regarded overseas as a hot mess, led by a totally unreliable mob of egocentric and uncoordinated ministries. And who in their right mind would book a holiday here when they have no idea what the heck is going on. The global tourism industry needs stability, organisation and predictability, none of which applies here. And the Thai tourism operators are without hope of a high season, however modest. Bankruptcy is getting closer by the day.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Ho hum, just another botched exercise by Prayuth. This country is firmly regarded overseas as a hot mess, led by a totally unreliable mob of egocentric and uncoordinated ministries. And who in their right mind would book a holiday here when they have no idea what the heck is going on. The global tourism industry needs stability, organisation and predictability, none of which applies here. And the Thai tourism operators are without hope of a high season, however modest. Bankruptcy is getting closer by the day.

And the day they announced the reopening, it was a headline in many international news !!

Who is going to trust what now ??

Are they going to cancel the concerts !! ??

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then their next step should have been to instruct all quarantine hotels to offer refunds should the recent announcement actually come true. As it stand hundreds of hotels stand to make a small fortune from bookings that don't materialise !

I mean what are these junta goons actually doing TODAY when they know their proposed system is in utter chaos ? What could be more urgent that they are not addressing this right now ?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Pompies said:

Ho hum, just another botched exercise by Prayuth. This country is firmly regarded overseas as a hot mess, led by a totally unreliable mob of egocentric and uncoordinated ministries. And who in their right mind would book a holiday here when they have no idea what the heck is going on. The global tourism industry needs stability, organisation and predictability, none of which applies here. And the Thai tourism operators are without hope of a high season, however modest. Bankruptcy is getting closer by the day.

Yes, you said yesterday. Again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am looking for news regarding transit without quarantine in Bangkok when I arrive from international flight in Bangkok and want to take a domestic flight to Krabi. Have any one heard about that? I have a booking in Krabi but is not prepared to stay one night in Bangkok before flying to Krabi. We come from Scandinavia and look forward to coming to Thailand again and we just hope that we will be welcomed by the people of Thailand. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Then their next step should have been to instruct all quarantine hotels to offer refunds should the recent announcement actually come true. As it stand hundreds of hotels stand to make a small fortune from bookings that don't materialise !

I mean what are these junta goons actually doing TODAY when they know their proposed system is in utter chaos ? What could be more urgent that they are not addressing this right now ?

They're out on the sauce, laughing at all the panicking foreigners posting on the internet.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are the govt saying that after 7 days of moving around in the 17 provinces, that if you are covid free , you can then move to other places, like in my case Chiangrai, where my wife and  family live in our marital home there.?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think for many returning expats or long term visitors such as myself, we will be prepared to go through a few admin hoops to get back and spend the winter months in a warmer climate. However, for many travellers to Thailand, who have been perhaps once or twice before and those for whom it would be their first visit, now is not the time to go to Thailand. For many of us, we are fully aware of the high standards of medical facilities that exist. For others, they will regard Thailand as a developing country and assume the hospitals are as they see in government hospitals in India and Pakistan! Many would be travellers will wish to stay closer to what they know and opt for a safer option should they develop Covid while on holiday. Some of the pictures in the press of Thai field hospitals haven’t done much to change that opinion.  I can’t see tourist areas being overwhelmed by numbers anytime soon no matter what is ultimately announced. People are simply to cautious at this time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

They're out on the sauce, laughing at all the panicking foreigners posting on the internet.

Why would they be laughing? At themselves you mean? At their political enemies who are screwing things up for the millions dependant on tourism? Yes I agree with that. If you didn’t laugh then you would have to cry. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Then their next step should have been to instruct all quarantine hotels to offer refunds should the recent announcement actually come true. As it stand hundreds of hotels stand to make a small fortune from bookings that don't materialise !

I mean what are these junta goons actually doing TODAY when they know their proposed system is in utter chaos ? What could be more urgent that they are not addressing this right now ?

Just before the pandemic was declared, I had a hotel booking through Agoda for a stay in Chiang Rai. The deal was "non-refundable". When the pandemic was declared, within days, and without my asking, Agoda cancelled the booking and released my pre-payment. 

I'd suggest that anyone booking hotels with "quarantine hotels", might want to see what the refund policy is of the online booking sites, rather than deal directly with the TH hotels.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to come to Thailand every winter. It was simple. Just get on a plane and go. Now it is way too complicated. I am researching other destinations for a winter break. Fully vaccinated tourists can enter Costa Rica for a three month stay without any tests, quarantine or insurance. Simple.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Benroon said:

What could be more urgent that they are not addressing this right now ?

I reckon flooding of thousands of Thai people's homes might be a bit more urgent.

Thousands of daily covid cases and Thais dying would probably be also given a higher priority than tourists coming for a holiday.

Keeping a lid on the various protest groups. 

etc 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bangkok_Gary said:

Costa Rica for a three month stay without any tests, quarantine or insurance.

I don't think the Thais would want you to come untested during a pandemic.

And they definately don't want people here without insurance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bornholmeren said:

I am looking for news regarding transit without quarantine in Bangkok when I arrive from international flight in Bangkok and want to take a domestic flight to Krabi. Have any one heard about that? I have a booking in Krabi but is not prepared to stay one night in Bangkok before flying to Krabi. We come from Scandinavia and look forward to coming to Thailand again and we just hope that we will be welcomed by the people of Thailand. 

Fly with Thai Airlines Kopenhagen-Phuket (direct, no transit in BKK), Singapore Airlines with transit for Phuket in Singapore, or Emirates/Qatar airlines from Persian Gulf to Phuket. Then you can go to your SHA+ hotel in Phuket (I guess).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Just before the pandemic was declared, I had a hotel booking through Agoda for a stay in Chiang Rai. The deal was "non-refundable". When the pandemic was declared, within days, and without my asking, Agoda cancelled the booking and released my pre-payment. 

I'd suggest that anyone booking hotels with "quarantine hotels", might want to see what the refund policy is of the online booking sites, rather than deal directly with the TH hotels.

Great point - yes

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Poolie said:

They're out on the sauce, laughing at all the panicking foreigners posting on the internet.

Yep I'm sure people worried about their travel plans due to unparalleled idiocy is really funny - great post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I reckon flooding of thousands of Thai people's homes might be a bit more urgent.

Thousands of daily covid cases and Thais dying would probably be also given a higher priority than tourists coming for a holiday.

Keeping a lid on the various protest groups. 

etc 

You think ? I would say looking mugs on the world stage would comfortably be placed above those if you are a junta leader craving credibility. The 'tourists coming for a holiday' represent up to 20% of GDP - thus again heavily outranking your options.

(and given they're doing nothing on the first or second of those the question probably still stands)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bornholmeren said:

I am looking for news regarding transit without quarantine in Bangkok when I arrive from international flight in Bangkok and want to take a domestic flight to Krabi. Have any one heard about that? I have a booking in Krabi but is not prepared to stay one night in Bangkok before flying to Krabi. We come from Scandinavia and look forward to coming to Thailand again and we just hope that we will be welcomed by the people of Thailand. 

That will not be possible under the planned rules. You will definitely have to stay at least one day in BKK for your test to finish. After that it is unclear how long you have to remain in BKK - I've seen references that indicate up to seven days. I'm not 100% sure but I think the only way into Krabi right now is via Phuket (as @Alavan said). Check details on https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/krabi-even-more-amazing-ko-phi-phi-and-ko-ngai-and-railay-beach/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yep I'm sure people worried about their travel plans due to unparalleled idiocy is really funny - great post.

Thank you, I do my best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think someone said once on this forum that Thais could not hold a party at a brewery, does that whole mess has cleared now any doubts about that statement?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      News Forum - Steve Galster roars: Let’s trade wildlife for a pandemic-free world

    2. 5

      News Forum - Find authenticity and adventure in the big Isaan cities

    3. 1

      News Forum - Steve Galster roars: Let’s trade wildlife for a pandemic-free world

    4. 55

      News Forum - Holiday nightmare: British citizen stranded in Thai hospital with a 400,000 baht plea to escape

    5. 12

      Rotten attorneys, corrupt police, in Thailand

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use