News Forum - Police in Phuket increasing checkpoints, cracking down on moving violations and crime

Thaiger

Phuket police have warned that anyone driving dangerously through checkpoints will be ticketed. This announcement comes after a report from a Thai news source said that the Tha Chatchai police had received an order to issue more traffic tickets. This was followed by a flurry of posts on social media warning drivers in Phuket that police at the Phuket Check Point were looking to give tickets and make arrests. The Provincial Police responded in a post online, explaining that monitoring traffic is an important part of their job. “Phuket Provincial Police would like to clarify that traffic discipline to reduce […]

The story Police in Phuket increasing checkpoints, cracking down on moving violations and crime as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Utter rubbish ! The only tickets are increasing will be to the tourists!  I watched today along the beach road tourists getting stopped for no helmet but thais drive straight past.  And many a time the police on motorbikes being overtaken at speed by teenagers no helmet and sound like no exhaust pipe.. just a blink of their eye because they are not tourists!  

• Like 8

Tha Chatchai police had received an order to issue more traffic tickets.

The chief needs a cash injection into his bank account. Targeting of Foreigners is nothing new just shows up a little more now with so few being there. 

please tourists come to Phuket we need your money...

• Like 5

Pattaya Police have arrested a young man who was caught on video doing what appeared to be a dangerous “superman flying” stunt on his motorbike in Pattaya earlier this week.

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Pattaya Police have arrested a young man who was caught on video doing what appeared to be a dangerous “superman flying” stunt on his motorbike in Pattaya earlier this week.attaya Police have arrested a young man who was caught on video doing what appeared to be a dangerous “superman flying” stunt on his motorbike in Pattaya earlier this week.

Touch of paragraph stammer there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, palooka said:

Screen-Shot-2021-10-18-at-4.31.56-PM.jpg

It's not about tickets.  --NEW Police uniform show time.   Getting close to real "jack boots" too.

This must be a very old photo.. not seen the black gestapo outfits for ages.. now just brown with silver or gold tops !..

half fat or full fat !

Screenshot_20211018-183958_Messenger.jpg

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

The only tickets are increasing will be to the tourists! 

Nah. You know where Ta Chat chai even is? Everytime I go through there I am smiled at or saluted, while the poor Thais are having their vehicles searched. If they were going to pick on the faranger they would be starting at Patong, Karon etc, not Ta Chatchai.

Why wasn't the faranger you mentioned in your report wearing a helmet? Probably want licensed either. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Nah. You know where Ta Chat chai even is? Everytime I go through there I am smiled at or saluted, while the poor Thais are having their vehicles searched. If they were going to pick on the faranger they would be starting at Patong, Karon etc, not Ta Chatchai.

Why wasn't the faranger you mentioned in your report wearing a helmet? Probably want licensed either. 

"Why wasn't the faranger you mentioned in your report wearing a helmet? Probably want licensed either. "

along with the thais I didn't get to ask  but they didn't get stopped..

and after you openly admitting on this forum that you don't shower and fart a lot then no wonder you got waved through  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, palooka said:

It's not about tickets.  --NEW Police uniform show time.   Getting close to real "jack boots" too.

The photo doesn't necessarily mean he's issuing a ticket. I think he wants to do a straight swap with the young lady for her boots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Malc-Thai said:

This must be a very old photo.. not seen the black gestapo outfits for ages.. now just brown with silver or gold tops !..

Maybe that's why nobody's wearing masks ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Utter rubbish ! The only tickets are increasing will be to the tourists!  I watched today along the beach road tourists getting stopped for no helmet but thais drive straight past.  And many a time the police on motorbikes being overtaken at speed by teenagers no helmet and sound like no exhaust pipe.. just a blink of their eye because they are not tourists!  

2 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

As someone else pointed out, Tha Chathai is nowhere near the tourist are,  but why would you let facts get in the way of a nice moan, hey?

And I would call your post "utter rubbish"

In all my years going to Phuket(18) I've seen way more Thais pulled over than farang at checkpoints

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

No good Moaning Malc  you know the score no Helmut pay the boy's. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, vlad said:

No good Moaning Malc  you know the score no Helmut pay the boy's. 

Yes true vlad. It's no problem with me I wear it and have registration and insurance thai licence, I just see it living here thais can't pay so they don't stop them, but now with tourists increasing I've seen many times road stops stopping felang without helmets (yes totally their own fault) but watch 5 thais go by then stop 1 felang.. is that fair? are they upholding the law or just making money?

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, palooka said:

The boys in black!  BIB.

5 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

Yes true vlad. It's no problem with me I wear it and have registration and insurance thai licence, I just see it living here thais can't pay so they don't stop them, but now with tourists increasing I've seen many times road stops stopping felang without helmets (yes totally their own fault) but watch 5 thais go by then stop 1 felang.. is that fair? are they upholding the law or just making money?

Yes its frustrating Malc ive been behind School kids riding past a Traffic cop no point in even pulling them cos they don't have money for the fine so there ignored. i have even witnessed cops riding without there Helmet straps fastened.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

That is tourist "privilege" for your there 

Enforcing the traffic laws is a good idea.  Here in Patong things were getting out of control.  People riding the wrong way on a one way street.  No helmet.   Speeding.  LOUD motorcycles.  Enforcing the traffic laws will save lives and even more injuries.

• Like 1