News Forum - At least 88% of Bangkok high school students now vaccinated

Thaiger

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If you are Chinese, then ask your country to why there is a CV-19.

Bats. It was the bats. Chinese eat wild bats. Aussies eat wild kangaroos. They were unlucky.

But they did a much better job of containing it than say the USA and Europe.

I have been Sino vaxxed. Happy to take it, no side effects, but I will need a booster.

7 hours ago, Xinlee said:

I wonder why Thailand authorities have chosen mRNA "vaccine" (Pfizer), which before covid hit, was never before used.  Why did they not use the safer, tried-and-true vaccines that use inactivated virus (Sinovac) for this?  No one knows he long-term consequences of mRNA injections yet, not enough time to know, and then to use it on the children?  Make one wonder, a lot.

They actually did use it for a too long time. Idk, maybe you've missed it, but everyone was angry at the government because only Sinovac was available, while everyone wanted any vaccine except Sinovac. Then AZ became available too. Later also Pfizer. 

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Bats. It was the bats. Chinese eat wild bats. Aussies eat wild kangaroos. They were unlucky.

But they did a much better job of containing it than say the USA and Europe.

I have been Sino vaxxed. Happy to take it, no side effects, but I will need a booster.

And your point?

10 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Yet another Bangkok-based policy which screws over every other person in the Kingdom.

Are school kids OUTSIDE of Bangkok not worthy to be vaccinated? Are school kids outside of Bangkok vaccinated to 88% as well? (Hint: not where I live)

If ever there was proof of the idea that Bangkok is the political center of Thailand and that the rest of the country can go F*** itself, this is it. 

It is time to accept facts for what they are; this is no longer 'Thailand'...

...this is the country of 'Bangkok and Surroundings'.

Probably to do with the concentration of people and scope for contagion I guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

It is a problem. In the past newspapers could increase revenue by selling ads to companies who trusted them as a reliable and accurate news source.

Now advertising revenue has shifted to "per click" which encourages this trickery.

"At least 88% of Bangkok students now vaccinated"

will get more of a reaction/clicks/ad revenue than the real story

"Schools department planning to have 87% of senior high school students in Bangkok to receive their first jab soon"

Yes I think that’s the problem with many media outlets today. Clicks make revenue and the more sensational the headlines the more people will click. 

46 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

They actually did use it for a too long time. Idk, maybe you've missed it, but everyone was angry at the government because only Sinovac was available, while everyone wanted any vaccine except Sinovac. Then AZ became available too. Later also Pfizer. 

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't speaking from an efficacy point of view, but rather a safety point of view.  The mRNA gene therapy "vaccine" technology is brand new, and its long-term affects are still very unknown, and then they are injecting that stuff into the whole next generation of Thais, all the school children.  If something is off, it will affect the whole generation, and for what?.. a virus that very very rarely kills or injures people of child age-groups. Extra care should be taken for vaccines for children, not to mention injecting a whole generation of them in one-fell-swoop!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Probably because Sinovac is next to useless, while Pfizer is 95% plus effective ... just a thought .....

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

If you are Chinese, then ask your country to why there is a CV-19. And don't point the finger to another country as it aint gonna happen. No disrespect if you are just a Chinese person, but things don't look good for the CCP. 

It probably was manufactered in the Wuhan inst. of Virology.. IDK that, just find it most likely.  

56 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

And your point?

I was answering your question.

Xinlee makes a good point above. I was happy to take the Sino over the blood clotting Astra or the not tested enough Pfizer. 

I would have taken anything I was given but relieved when they told me Sino. No side effects and it is working very well. I don't have covid.

1 minute ago, Xinlee said:

Yeah, I know, but I wasn't speaking from an efficacy point of view, but rather a safety point of view.  The mRNA gene therapy "vaccine" technology is brand new, and its long-term affects are still very unknown, and then they are injecting that stuff into the whole next generation of Thais, all the school children.  If something is off, it will affect the whole generation, and for what?.. a virus that very very rarely kills or injures people of child age-groups. Extra care should be taken for vaccines for children, not to mention injecting a whole generation of them in one-fell-swoop!

I totally agree with you there. But the way you phrased it made it look like you thought they didn't even try sinovac😉 but that was the first thing they tried. 

6 hours ago, Stonker said:

Probably because Sinovac is next to useless, while Pfizer is 95% plus effective ... just a thought .....

You said earlier that they probably only 1 jab, not 2, so its not going to be 95%.  What is the efficacy of 1 jab of Pfizer against Delta?  

No one yet knows the long-term risks of the novel mRNA VAX/gene therapy technology, because, well, it is brand-new and very different than previous vaccine technologies.  Is this a risk that should be taken with the whole next generation of Thai children, and all given this "vaccine" in one-fell-swoop.  I hope things go well!  

The vaccines do not provide long-term immunity, only humoral immunity, not the long-term cellular immunity that one gets when they catch the virus itself.  That is why the vax wears off after a few short months (see Israel's stats).  To take the risk for 6 months of immunity, is it worth it? Especially for this age-group (children) who are extremely unlikely to die or suffer injury from the actual virus.

28 minutes ago, Xinlee said:

I’m a firm supporter of vaccination and I simply don’t know anywhere near enough about mRNA technology to comment on the actual risks. However, from a layman’s point of view, it doesn’t feel right that we are using what seems like new technology to immunise children. All I can say, is that knowledgable people with an immense amount of understanding from several countries have certified it as safe. I know that’s no guarantee, but hopefully it bodes well….

25 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I was answering your question.

Xinlee makes a good point above. I was happy to take the Sino over the blood clotting Astra or the not tested enough Pfizer. 

I would have taken anything I was given but relieved when they told me Sino. No side effects and it is working very well. I don't have covid.

I wouldn’t be happy with Sinovac and the Delta variant. The fact you haven’t got Covid surely doesn’t give you any basis to think you are protected? Many people who haven’t got any vaccine haven’t got Covid. But that’s just about exposure and chance. 

11 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I totally agree with you there. But the way you phrased it made it look like you thought they didn't even try sinovac😉 but that was the first thing they tried. 

Yeah, I realise that.  But inactivated vaccines are known to be safest, albeit not so effective.  Those kids are not at hardly any risk from the virus at their age, but to give them, what was just a few months ago, experimental gene therapy is just beyond my fathoming.. Why are they taking this risk with so many.  American vaccine of the past were all well tested for decades before being released to be used on anyone, especially children.  These mRNA "vaccines" are not tested that long (not near enough time to know), nor as well.  Times have changed.  Several postmenopausal women have reported on VAERS that they have resumed menstruating after not having done so for years- after taking this vax!  This does not bode well for possible effects on reproduction ( especially young people).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I wouldn’t be happy with Sinovac and the Delta variant. The fact you haven’t got Covid surely doesn’t give you any basis to think you are protected? Many people who haven’t got any vaccine haven’t got Covid. But that’s just about exposure and chance. 

@Soidog check your PM box.

2 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I mainly got jabbed back in July so I could easily travel to Phuket, not because I am worried about catching covid. 

I think I had it April last year, but I just took a couple of vitamin C tablets and mentally overcame it.

I am not fat, have no health issues, I am not worried about it. My brother caught it in the USA. He didn't even know he had it until he was tested so he could fly out.

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I mainly got jabbed back in July so I could easily travel to Phuket, not because I am worried about catching covid. 

I think I had it April last year, but I just took a couple of vitamin C tablets and mentally overcame it.

I am not fat, have no health issues, I am not worried about it. My brother caught it in the USA. He didn't even know he had it until he was tested so he could fly out.

Yes I think for many relatively young and healthy people Covid is nothing more than a few days of feeling a bit rough. I’m also not concerned about catching Covid, but I would hate to catch it and unwittingly pass it on to someone who is more vulnerable. This is a key thing that makes Covid so dangerous. Unlike Flu, where you generally feel unwell and take to your bed before you become contagious, Covid can leave you feeling fine and walking around contagious. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Has anyone noticed India?  India has 20x Thailand's population, and yet is running relatively low new positive covid tests, as well as very low relative death rates- and they have only vaccinated about 20% of their population, so it is not the vaccines that has helped them so much.  They are using something else (a medicine).

3 minutes ago, Xinlee said:

Has anyone noticed India?  India has 20x Thailand's population, and yet is running relatively low new positive covid tests, as well as very low relative death rates- and they have only vaccinated about 20% of their population, so it is not the vaccines that has helped them so much.  They are using something else (a medicine).

Dunno. But I do know if you go by the all important death rate, the faranger countries make up 29 out of the top 30.

I think this is because the faranger is a bit soft physically to be honest coupled with having so many anti mask freedom fighting Karen types that won't be told. So both physical and mental weaknesses that are causing the high numbers in Farangerstan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

What is the efficacy of 1 jab of Pfizer against Delta?  

You'd have to look at the figures from the other countries that are already doing that, such as the UK, to learn that.

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

No one yet knows the long-term risks of the novel mRNA VAX/gene therapy technology, because, well, it is brand-new and very different than previous vaccine technologies.  Is this a risk that should be taken with the whole next generation of Thai children, and all given this "vaccine" in one-fell-swoop. 

Again, you'd need to look at the other countries for the answer to that.

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

The vaccines do not provide long-term immunity, only humoral immunity, not the long-term cellular immunity that one gets when they catch the virus itself. 

Not correct -  mRNA vaccines give both humoral and cell-mediated / cellular immune immunity.

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

That is why the vax wears off after a few short months (see Israel's stats). 

It doesn't - see Israel's stats, as well as NHSE's.  With mRNA vaccines it wears off for protection against minor effects, but the reduction in protection against hospitalization and death is minimal - unike other vaccines, such as AZ.

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

But inactivated vaccines are known to be safest, albeit not so effective. 

That's not "known", but unknown as the stats aren't there to make a comparison.

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

American vaccine of the past were all well tested for decades before being released to be used on anyone, especially children.

Which ones?

Name any that were "tested for decades before being released to be used on anyone, especially children."

1 hour ago, Xinlee said:

Several postmenopausal women have reported on VAERS that they have resumed menstruating after not having done so for years- after taking this vax! 

How many out of how many million vaccinated women?

And how does that compare with the norm?

47 minutes ago, Xinlee said:

By July, three months ago, over two thirds of the population had had Covid-19. After a recovery, a new wave looks as if it is on the cards, and none of the experts put the recovery down to"something else".

Good to know high school kids are now mainly protected as schools are opening. Most kids don't have good habits of hygiene in a current covid environment, including me 😀. A shot with mRna will help boost their protection.