Jump to content

News Forum - Thai Twitter goes crazy as Russell Crowe tweets Sandbox visit


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

That Thai woman who escaped Phuket and snuck to her hometown in Chon Buri is no longer the most famous person in the Phuket Sandbox. Movie star Russell Crowe blew up Thai media when he posted his positive experience coming to Thailand through the Phuket Sandbox to film his newest movie. The star of such Hollywood hits as Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind came to Thailand to shoot a Vietnam War movie called “The Greatest Beer Run Ever”. He stirred up a frenzy online after posting about the Phuket Sandbox on October 11 explaining the process simply, as well as […]

The story Thai Twitter goes crazy as Russell Crowe tweets Sandbox visit as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Movie star Russell Crowe blew up Thai media when he posted his positive experience coming to Thailand through the Phuket Sandbox to film his newest movie.

Hmmm, I wonder how TAT managed to persuade Mr Crowe to post that commercial😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Total BS again do you honestly believe he was subjected to any of the Shatbox hoops and hurdles. If he was there it would have been a totally different experience to any tourist. Total BS ....😡

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Total BS again do you honestly believe he was subjected to any of the Shatbox hoops and hurdles. If he was there it would have been a totally different experience to any tourist. Total BS ....😡

Yup, just go to his twitter account. Looks like he was outside on 7 October if he took those pics himself. Not much else though, perhaps intentionally kept quiet or really kept himself to himself?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yup, just go to his twitter account. Looks like he was outside on 7 October if he took those pics himself. Not much else though, perhaps intentionally kept quiet or really kept himself to himself?

Certainly didn't go out to enjoy the atmospheric night live did he, as there is none. Kept to himself probably scared of being exposed to the numerous covid cases...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Certainly didn't go out to enjoy the atmospheric night live did he, as there is none. Kept to himself probably scared of being exposed to the numerous covid cases...

from his twitter

FBQUe8NVIAIc2xc.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bob20 said:

from his twitter

FBQUe8NVIAIc2xc.jpeg

Crowds of tourist (fans) or maybe not.

Must have been a big secret or uncle peanut would have done a photo op with him. 

Then again Crowe probably didn't fancy being pelted with rotting eggs and fish...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Certainly didn't go out to enjoy the atmospheric night live did he, as there is none. Kept to himself probably scared of being exposed to the numerous covid cases...

Just because you never stop complaining doesn't mean he has to join in complaining. Some people are able to enjoy themselves. I spoke to a mate who went down there this week and he also said it was good to have a bit of a holiday again and he was loving it.

Cheer up mate.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Must have been a big secret or uncle peanut would have done a photo op with him. 

I doubt it was a big secret mate.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Crowds of tourist (fans) or maybe not.

Must have been a big secret or uncle peanut would have done a photo op with him. 

Then again Crowe probably didn't fancy being pelted with rotting eggs and fish...

That's a shoot. I wonder if they're filming in Phuket as well as Sandboxing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JamesE said:

That's a shoot. I wonder if they're filming in Phuket as well as Sandboxing.

That's the only reason he was there not actually on holiday so not a Sandbox tourist although I'm sure TAT will have him logged with the rest of his crew as tourists. Keep the numbers up....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

That Thai woman who escaped Phuket and snuck to her hometown in Chon Buri is no longer the most famous person in the Phuket Sandbox. Movie star Russell Crowe blew up Thai media when he posted his positive experience coming to Thailand through the Phuket Sandbox to film his newest movie. The star of such Hollywood hits as Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind came to Thailand to shoot a Vietnam War movie called “The Greatest Beer Run Ever”. He stirred up a frenzy online after posting about the Phuket Sandbox on October 11 explaining the process simply, as well as […]

The story Thai Twitter goes crazy as Russell Crowe tweets Sandbox visit as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Breaking News: Fat guy from Australia likes Thailand 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did they mention his admin crew who applied for the COE, arranged Covid insurance and booked the hotels? Not to mention the private PCR testing at home he would have received along with the private jet he would have flown in on. I’d go tomorrow and say how great it’s been if I could have all that. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yup, just go to his twitter account. Looks like he was outside on 7 October if he took those pics himself. Not much else though, perhaps intentionally kept quiet or really kept himself to himself?

At least 2 of the pics are fake.  Exactly the same loose hair and facial appearance in 3 separate photos in 3 separate locations in the background.  Online claims are that two of the photos were photoshopped and they very much look that way.  Just like that Thai Minister, it seems his tweet was done by one of his staff who also added those doctored photos.  Whatever the truth about the photos - he did not go through the sandbox airport deal - you reckon someone would not have noticed him in the airport.  He and all the film crew bypassed all that and went straight to their private resort/island.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enough said, this tabloid news just about sums up about everything that’s disgusting in Thai culture. 

Edited by Dr.Sivada
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Enough said, this tabloid news just about sums up about everything that’s disgusting about Thai culture. 

That's a little unfair to generalise against Thais quite like that but certainly this display of "news" is just a further demonstration of how the rancid Thai media kowtow to the Thai government's propaganda machine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Enough said, this tabloid news just about sums up about everything that’s disgusting in Thai culture. 

Calm down fella. He said he likes Thai food and the people are friendly.

Your comment and attitude is disgusting.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Enough said, this tabloid news just about sums up about everything that’s disgusting in Thai culture. 

How absolutely miserable of a person do you have to be to have this sort of reaction to a God damn pic of Russell Crow???

 

Holy hell, go talk to someone that can help you......

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Calm down fella. He said he likes Thai food and the people are friendly.

Your comment and attitude is disgusting.

Nothing is wrong with Russel Crowe. The same type of tabloid would apply to any celebrity. I am talking about the blind obsession of Thai culture for famous people and preferential treatments people in power receive concerning rules and laws: they don’t apply to them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

how the rancid Thai media kowtow to the Thai government's propaganda machine.

I think you don't watch much Thai media. Or can't understand it. Try watching Peace TV or a number of other channels that pump out anti Junta news all day.

 

You will love it.

 

Don't bother watching the Army owned networks. They naturally kowtow to the junta.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Nothing is wrong with Russel Crowe. The same type of tabloid would apply to any celebrity. I am talking about the blind obsession of Thai culture for famous people and preferential treatments people in power receive concerning rules and laws: they don’t apply to them. 

Oh dear. You are commenting on him. Do yourself a favour. Go outside and ask ten Thais who Russel Crowe is. 

The Thais have made him feel welcome. I have been getting the same welcome for 43 years here.

That you don't really says more about yourself than Thai people. They are good at picking characters.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Nothing is wrong with Russel Crowe. The same type of tabloid would apply to any celebrity. I am talking about the blind obsession of Thai culture for famous people and preferential treatments people in power receive concerning rules and laws: they don’t apply to them. 

You mean like the USA with its total obsession with Hollywood stars and what they eat for breakfast and what drugs they take to keep slim and beautiful and who is bonking who? Ease up a little - Thais are the same as in all Asian countries - they are a little more over the top than Yanks but they are OK.  Us Aussie meanwhile are the true sceptics - anyone acting like a 'tall poppy' here is shot down in flames.  And Russell aint no tall poppy showing himself off and looking down on others - he is a good 'Aussie' bloke who takes others as they are and does not look down upon them - for a 'reformed' Kiwi he aint a bad guy  😀

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

You mean like the USA with its total obsession with Hollywood stars and what they eat for breakfast and what drugs they take to keep slim and beautiful and who is bonking who? Ease up a little - Thais are the same as in all Asian countries - they are a little more over the top than Yanks but they are OK.  Us Aussie meanwhile are the true sceptics - anyone acting like a 'tall poppy' here is shot down in flames.  And Russell aint no tall poppy showing himself off and looking down on others - he is a good 'Aussie' bloke who takes others as they are and does not look down upon them - for a 'reformed' Kiwi he aint a bad guy  😀

Thats right Bob. And while we are talking about ugly culture let's not forget his first big movie Romper Stomper, which was based on a true story about Aussie skinheads who went around bashing Asian blokes and shialas in Footscray.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Breaking News: Fat guy from Australia likes Thailand 

Me too 😁  More so if/when the Junta becomes a memory 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Friends assault teenager, anger over harmless message to Thai ex

    2. 4

      News Forum - Elderly woman abducted and sexually assaulted by drug addict

    3. 4

      News Forum - Monk arrested for sexually assulting seven year old niece

    4. 0

      Thaiger Talk Quiz #266 - Which year did it open?

    5. 57

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use